Depression

Roan hang on in there, you've got yourself a cheering section here at GA, we all want to see you put this disease behind you. We know it's tough, but we're all here for you major :hug:

Wayne - remember to take some time for you, I know it's tough, but it will do both you and your dad some good :hug:

Marky - I know it's hard being apart from the one you love, as you well know I spent time away from snuggle when he was sitting right next to me. But hold on, there's light at the end of the tunnell. And the offer of some judicious kidnapping still stands. :D:hug:

Harcallard - It's always just about facing the day in front of you, one day at a time, one problem at a time. And don't let the disease win ! :hug:

And to everyone else :hug:

• Like 1

Hey All :hug: I run out of likes so quickly but I promise I'll catch up with them :)

The problem with the internet says its resolved now, so we will see after work.

I had a female doctor come out today and she was awesome Posted Image replacing my 72 year old white haired doctor I knew would come. I have always recoiled from women, for obvious reasons. Anyway. We talked fopr an hour. About what mum really died of. What risks there are to me. Diabetes, Anaemia and Depression. All need some urgent attention. I nearly cried telling her about the depression side of things, but once again she just smiled and waited patiently. So several blood tests, further appointments and miore prescriptions and things should improve. Healthwise at least. :)

Harcallard stay strong my friend :hug:

Unc, Thank you, your always there, and Mikey's right. Take some time for you too. :hug:

Mikey What can I say? You are a great friend and a slight pain in the arse too :P Which is GREAT!!! :hug:

Welcome back Roan, :) It's good to have you back. :hug:

Hugs to all :hug:

• Like 2

How quickly things can change.

Was feeling pretty upbeat if not a bit tired at the start of the weekend. Then Sunday two telephone calls from family on the other side of the world.

First my sister with news they have found cancer in her breast. Such a personal thing for a woman. I felt numb, but it was the question, "Should I tell Mom." that troubled me the most. What do you say to that. You know the news is going to upset her, and in her mental condition can she deal with it? How the hell am I supposed to know the answer to that? So I suggested she tell her. It seems only fair that the news came from her, not someone else.

Not an easy call to deal with. Then my other sister calls, and I think it'll cheer mom up, so put her on the phone quickly without checking with Sis, and OMG. my niece has just had a cancerous growth discovered in yet another sensitive woman's physical makeup. OMG, she's only 18, just graduated and is the apple of my mom's eye. Mom used to look after her an awful lot as a baby/kid and they got so close.

Mom is distraught. She's locked herself away for the last few days, and I really feel at a loss. We watched dad die through this curse, and now it's struck two more in the family. I really wish I could swear in here coz I so feel like ranting in expletives right now. I'm worried about mom. My sister goes under the knife this afternoon, and we still await test results on my niece. How can things turn around so damn quickly?

Meh.

Hey everyone, I just really felt the need to vent. Kind of just shut down the last few days. A bit of a defence mechanism. I tend to think through things, maybe too much, but its what I do. I am just really struggling to be all cheerful and happy today, and needed to talk to someone. Hope you don't mind.

It is so good to hear that Roan is ok. Mike is right, he's got his own little cheering section, and I know I'm grateful to hear he's pulled through and recovering.

Marky, keep smiling bud, this crappy life sends us all sorts of stuff to deal with, none of it makes us any less human, or less of a person when we have difficulties dealing with it. No one ever showed us how to get it right, we have to guess and don't always make the right choices in dealing with stuff. Just remember the saying, Absence makes the heart grow fonder and hang in there bud.

Breeze I am so sorry it still hurts so much to look back at Great Falls. Just the name alone makes it sound like such a special place. Personal loss is never easy, and when it is someone that close, it must be even harder. I wish I could help, but other than say I'm here and care, I don't know what else to say. Hang in there and take each day as it comes. If you need, you know where I am.

Hey Joann I really hope that the weekend ended off better than it started. Never good to feel down at the beginning of the weekend. There are a few gems in GA that have a way of picking you up when you feel low, so glad you feel you can share with peeps. Big hug buddy, message me sometime. :)

Wayne bud, I really hope that the weekend was good. The role of caring sometimes forgets the well being of the carer, and from time to time we have to take a moment to think about what is important to for you as a carer. Never forget that you are important to so many people, not just for what you do, but for who you are. Keep your chin up bud. :hug:

To everyone that shared words of kindness here in this thread, thank you. I know they are meant for all of us, but I draw a lot of strength from them for myself. Maybe that is selfish, but it is a way of making it through the day. You guys mean a lot to all of us, so yeah..... Thanks. :hug:

• Like 2

Yettie,

Ouch. Cancer is a tough thing to deal with. It has a tendency to show up in families. Cancer and heart disease show up all over my family tree. My grandmother died from it. It was horrible watching a robust woman slowly seem to fade away before you while the cancer spread throughout her body. Breast cancer is getting to be very common, in both men and women. It is not something to play games with. Cervical cancer and prostate is also growing.

It had to be hard but in many ways if your mother was going to learn about them having cancer, better from the source then from you. You will have enough just picking up the pieces.

Thanks for the kind words. It is true, often the care giver falls to the way side as they put all their energy into watching and caring for whoever is sick. Remember your words of advice and take a little time for yourself. I might have had to cancel the weekend visit with woman I consider a daughter but I'm still taking time to go meet her and spend at least one day together. I need it do it for me.

My best to you always. Just remember to keep hanging in there.

• Like 2

Good evening to one and all.

Breeze .. i .. nice to meet you.. I am sorry to hear about your husband.. I find it hard in these times to find the right words to say to someone. However, here is a big texas hug for ya.Posted Image

Mark...I know you miss your bf.. and I know it feels like some times you will just loose it all... but I agree absence does make the heart grow fonder and when you see him again , all this will be worth it.Posted Image HugPosted Image

Yettie... I am devastated to hear about the news in your family...I lost my mother to Colon cancer in 06 and my best friend to Leukemia in 09. My heart truly goes out to you. If I were there I would give you the biggest hug I could manage to give anyone person. I mean just hearing that Your sister will be having surgery is in itself a good sign.. Surgery wasn't an option for the two I lost.. I will keep your sister, our niece and the ret of the family in my thoughts and prayers.

Comic...I find it admirable and extremely loving that you are caring for your sick relative.. and I agree that you have to take some time for yourself as well.. so that you don't become sick as well.. I am not preaching to you and please don't think I am.. its just I walked down that road when I helped take care of my mother... didn't eat right or get enough sleep.. so please take care of yourself...Posted Image Posted Image

JoAnn.. we are all hear for you if you ever need anything.. you know like a shoulder to cry on.. and ear to speak into...Posted Image Posted Image

Mike.. Thanks for being a good mate and listening to me.. I really appreciate it.

As for me, I have been on an even keel lately.. I mean I haven't been depressed or sad... but I haven't been overjoyed or elated either... I am in a mid point in my emotional state of mind.. I hope I have not offended any one with what I have said above.. I can write some thing down in a story better than I can tell a person.. I want you all to know that I am here for all of you and I do care.. hugs and love....

Harcallard

• Like 1

So I've steered clear of here for a couple of days. Why? you might ask, the answer is I dont know. I didn't really want to chat, or even play games. I haven't wrote anyhing or even read anything. So catch up time. The one real regret is I missed two birthdays. So sorry for that.

Hugs all :hug:

Mark- we're all entitled to feel how we feel, no need for excuses. It is nice to know you're ok.Posted Image

Hope everyones doing good. I had a good day today. Went picking Saskatoon berries today with 2 of my cousins Posted Image And now I get a berry pie that I dont have to bake, lol.

Hugs all Posted Image

Hey Breeze what the heck are those things? And can I grow them, what are they like? Do I sound too excited? Awesome name Saskatoon... is that a place? awww I need to know this stuff. LOL

Wow Yettie, you have had your plate full Will keep you in you and your in my thoughts and prayers. Big hugs.

And Mark, you are always missed, but we all have to move away sometimes, and just re-group, but glad you wandered back in my little ray of sunlight:)

Wayne, hope your dad is doing good, and you and his little four legged friend hang in there. Hands you hugs and strength guy

I appreciate everyone here, and their support, and wish all here hugs and happiness:)

I'm in the process of either canceling my apprenticeship or putting it on hold so I can get the assignments of it done with a person from the disability department.

My dad has been harassing me as well, and every time he shows his stupid face it brings up every single horrible memory that I have of him, I want to kill him or myself and I'm afraid that I actually might one day, yet the thought of it doesn't scare me, it makes me feel relief that I could stop all my pain with just a flick of a knife.

With my new medication I've been coming home shaking and crying after every shift.

I just want to be left alone, just to hole up in my room and sleep and read and watch tv for a few months until I piece together some of my sanity and not feel so stressed all the time.

I want to tell everyone my opinions about them, but I can't simply because I know it would hurt most of yours feelings, and that eats me up something shocking inside that I can't just out right say I hate you or no one gives a crap about your stupid petty issue or to stop assuming that everyone loves you. Mum yells at me when I do it in public, so I figured Myr would probably ban me from this site if I did. and to be honest I don't really care if anyone on here even likes me or not, but I would like it if everyone could not give me the hug emoticon, it irritates me from various reasons.

Thank you for the support Joann much appreciated. :hug:

Bee it's very hard to be friends with you. But I have said countless times, I'm here for you and anyone. If I say anything I will probably get my head bitten off. It sounds like they have you on the wrong meds. If I say illness thats wrong so I will say condition, is that better? We probably dont understand it, you need to explain more about what is is without us having to google it.

All the hugs and nice words of support help some. Its a fact. Look how many write in this thread. We do try and support each other. But we can only succeed if the person wants that support. I wont give you a hug, just know its there if you EVER want it. And hope you get all the help you need :)

• Like 2

LOL Mark...yes Saskatoon is a place, it's where I live. On the prairies of Canada.And they city of Saskatoon is named after the berries. Saskatoon is a native word meaning :

(sPosted ImagesPosted ImagekPosted Image-tPosted ImagenPosted Image)

n.

1. A shrub (Amelanchier alnifolia) of northwest North America, having white flowers and edible dark purple fruit.

2. The fruit of this plant.

And check out thjis page if you want to see what they look like.

http://www.canadasfood.com/history_products/saskatoon_berries.php

I love them, they are not super sweet, but do have a great flavour. You can make everything from jams,and pies to wine and syrup.

Bee, I dont know you at all, but for the most part you seem pretty ok to me. I dont know what your circumstances are , but I will say this. Being a teenager is hell,even with out any other bs in a persons life Its hell and I wouldnt wish it on anyone. But we've all go through it and we all get through it.

Anyway..I had a good week, spent some time with my cousins. Actually spent a good day with my Mom today...that doesnt happen all that often.

And Mark , if you have anymore questions about where I live, let me know, I love my home and where I'm from.

Hugs all.

and call me Shelly...mostly because thats my name, lol.

• Like 1

Lord I must look like the king of lists but um here goes another one.

Shelly - Glad to see you here. Thanks for the lesson on berries. I didn't know about them either and for me I am just one country below never mind across the pond.

Bee - Not sure what to tell you. I know hugs and prayers aren't your thing. All I can say is I'm thinking of you and hoping things get better.

Mark - As always hang in there. I know you are dealing like most of us and taking it one day at a time.

Joann - Always happy to see you leaving words of support. Glad you stopped in.

Harcallard - Hope you are hanging in there.

Yettie - Still saying prayers for you and your family. Cancer is a scary thing. Keeping you in my thoughts.

If I am not around for the next few days well have a few things come up. A close friend is coming for a visit and dealing with the discovery from Dad's doctors. Evidently he shouldn't have been sent home as he was. His primary is getting him a vascular surgeon and he will be undergoing surgery within two weeks if at all possible sooner. Originally we thought it might be the end of September or October. Things change fast. If you can spare any good thoughts or prayers I'd be most grateful. In the meantime keep your chin up and just keep on keeping on. Love to you all and a :hug: to those that need them.

• Like 1

Good Morning everyone....

I sat and thought for awhile after I re-read some of the postings in this forum. It has been a really good week... I am keeping my fingers crossed..

I came to the conclusion the other day that I have been dealing with to much negativity in my life over the last 20 years or so. It seems like I am a huge magnet for it.. well I have moved in the right direction in correcting this.. It has been hard for me because I have had to distance myself from a close friend of mine and I hold my friends very near and dear... but in reality its negativity and drama 24/7

Shelly.. nice to meet you and welcome... sorry I am a bit slow here lately

Mark.....I hope thing are improving for you mate and I agree with Comic. It is a day to day thing.

Joann.. I am so glad that you are here with us. It is always good to see you and to have you here supporting everyone.

Comic...How is everything with you? I hope that your visit with yoru friend went well? I am still praying for you and our day and family.. Keep your head up!.

Bee.. We are here for ya. Hope things get better for you soon.

Yettie... How are you mate? I wanted to let you know that you and your family are still in my thoughts and prayers.

I hope everyone has a good day and an even better MOnday... I know it is a monday but it can be a good day like any other day..

It's back to the Drs for me.. Maybe he will say I can do some things once again...

• Like 2

Hey folks :hug:

Just dropped in to say "You guys rock!"

I have had an awesome weekend (if virtual) with Stuby and his family. And going to bed feeling pretty well chuffed (thats a good thing).

Love and thoughts for everyone that wants them :hug:

Off to bed , good night, sleep tight, and sweet dreams to all :hug:

I am really sad and down. I was in high spirits when i left two hours to go to the Dr's to finally get checked up and see if I can be left off of this restriction I have been on for the last month. Well apparently my ribs are not healing as fast as he would like to have them.. so this means I have to keep wearing this damn brace for another 2 weeks. Also my movements and actions are limited once again.

I feel sorry for my bf who went with me.. Kalen has been trying his best to cheer me up since we left. I mean we had a good lunch, went to the park and watched the ducks and he is planning a nice dinner for us at home...but I am just sad and I Cant seem to shake it... and I am also taken back by people who seemed to have been missing the sympathy or empathy gene in their make up.. as long as it is not about them , they don't care...

Sorry I am venting. It's better I am doing this now and not crying like I have been. I know that it is only for 2 more weeks, but it feels like its an other 2 months. I also know its my Dr. and bf want to make sure they heal right...but I have been restricted once again from extracurricular activities as well. I know you guys don't want to know that, but that is part of the reason I am sad and down.

I hope everyone's day is turning out to be a good one...I need to go lie down for a bit.

Hugs and love

• Like 1

I am still in a very off mood today. Then to top it off.. if I hear another young person say to me that they don't talk to people as old as I am one more time I am going ballistic.. should I worry about it.. no but they make it sound like anyone 35 and over have some incurable disease and they might catch it if they talk to us.. or that we are all old perverted people. Just venting

hugs and love

• Like 1

Hi Harcallard

Certainly hope this day is better, and I am sure your bf completely understands your restrictions, and will be there for you in any way that he can. As for crying, it does not hurt to cry, releases pent up frustration and tension that you don't need along with your physical problems. All of the youngsters are not like that, so don't let a few give all of them a bad rap.:) Think of something that makes you smile, and if you can't think of anything, do something for your boyfriend, no matter how small, and that will make you happier, it always works for me. Gets your mind off of your own problems:) Hugs, and chin up guy, open ear if you need it.

Hope everyone else is having a good day, and tomorrow will start the downhill; slide to the weekend,:P

• Like 1

Hi all :hug:

Harcallard :) Dont feel bad about little things like some not liking your age, Growing up I never met anyone below my age until I was 11, and then it was only some kid at a farm fair. Until then I had no association with anyone under the age of 40. I agree with Joann if your bf loves you, he will be there for you. As for disappointments and things taking longer, I found out Stuby will be working another week, so I will miss him even more. Just saying so you know you are not on your own, and we all have disappointments to get through. Hope things improve for you buddy :hug:

Joann thank you for your words of support :hug:

• Like 1