Depression

I was going to post the same thing, in case it hadn't. Part One is also very good. The full story is that the writer wrote part one and then disappeared for a year and a half. Considering her last post was about depression most people figured that was the reason for her absence. And her first update in a long time was yesterday, and first comic was today, which is cool.

I highly recommend it to everyone.

As always things with me are...okay. Not good. Not bad, just...meh.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi and welcome Thorne Wilde :) Welcome back Ashes good to see you around :hug:

I'm hardly here these days, but it is so good to see this still going strong :)

That is a really good story, I haven't seen anything like that before, and it's all very true, Until I started studying, one day would melt into the next and I didn't know or care what actual day it was. But, through studying, I have something to do every day, my head is full of what I am learning. I don't have the time to feel down as much as I used to. And every single day I have a fresh days studying to look forward to and I am loving every minute. With my baby everyday too :)

Be happy people and hugs all round :hug:

• Like 2

Hi and welcome Thorne Wilde :) Welcome back Ashes good to see you around :hug:

I'm hardly here these days, but it is so good to see this still going strong :)

That is a really good story, I haven't seen anything like that before, and it's all very true, Until I started studying, one day would melt into the next and I didn't know or care what actual day it was. But, through studying, I have something to do every day, my head is full of what I am learning. I don't have the time to feel down as much as I used to. And every single day I have a fresh days studying to look forward to and I am loving every minute. With my baby everyday too :)

Be happy people and hugs all round :hug:

Hi Mark, Its great to hear to your doing well. :hug: to you and Stuby

• Like 1

I don't really know how to word this so it's kinda all over the place.

I'm still a bit shaken about driving (or being anywhere near a car) since someone was an idiot on the road and ran into me and wrote off mums car.

It gives me a mild anxiety attack every time I have to take myself to work.

It been just over 5 months but I still miss Karl, it makes me feel rather stupid that I'm still so badly affected by it.

Even though I've been talking and having a great time with an old friend who recently got back in touch. It makes me feel horrible that I want just one more phone call from Karl.

It seems like I'm on this loop of me thinking I'm finally over it, and then I wake up crying and everything comes flooding back.

I've only cut twice in the last month, so I'm ok about that. Even if I want to, I take a deep breath and if I have to then I will cut, but I haven't had to in about a week.

But I've realised that I cut when I over think about Karl and don't want to cry.

• Like 3

I've replaced cutting with biting my arm. Hard to break the skin, but makes nice marks for a little while and hurts a bitch. Somehow feels more constructive and less permanent than the cutting...

• Like 2

First of all thanks Breeze, me and Stuby are both very busy me with courses, and him with exams he's done 7 of 8 poor man, very stressful but we have night times to cuddle up via Skype :hug:

Hi Bee, I just want to say, like anyone else would, that it takes time, and yeah you probably already know that. As for the car, nobody will blame you for feeling like you do, it must have been scary, I guess its's like when you fall of a horse all you can do is get back on it asap. Glad you're cutting yourself less, that is a good thing, I've stopped my self-harm thing altogether.

Hi again Thorn :) We all have our own ways of dealing with stuff, I had a very different way of self-harm, but I no longer do it. I have too much else to do. Hope things improve for you :)

Hugs all round as always :hug:

• Like 1

So not a good weekend. My daughters bunny had babies unexpectedly earlier in the week (we just got her this past weekend, didn't know she was pregnant) and saturday my roomies and i came home from taking the kids bowling and one had died. By the end of the night, they were all dead, we're not sure what triggered it but just one right after the other we were pulling them out of the cage and having to bury them. Obviously my daughter was pretty upset, but has lavished all of her attention on the mama bunny and her other pets. Me on the other hand, i'm still crying over the baby bunnies two days later.Or at least, that's what's kicked off this latest bout of drop of the hat tears. 

I've always been closer to my pets and nay animal really than I am to most people. Hell, i can fully admit that people very rarely have the means to bring me to tears but seeing an animal hurt, or dead, will have me tearing up in an instant. I hate crying, trying to stop is just giving me a headache though and i hate those more. it pisses me off that those little bunnies had to be born just to die so absolutly pointlessly, like what was the point of it all. I never understood those things as a child and i don't understand them as an adult and I hate having to sit there and hug my daughter and try to assure her that there was nothing that could be done yet when i stuggle to see why it had to happen in the first place.

Sorry if this is rambling and makes no sense, i just, im sitting her by myself and still so very upset over the whole damn thing that each time i try not to think about it,it just makes me feell worse.

• Like 3

I'm sorry for you and the little one.  I can't stand to even run over an animal in the road no matter what it is.  My dog can make me cry when I am packing to go somewhere.  She will take my clothes out of my suitcase with her mouth or lay down in the suitcase.  It breaks my heart to leave her.  Don't be ashamed to admit emotion.  We all have different triggers for our tears. :hug:

Edited by joann414
  • Like 2

So sorry Layla, :hug: I get more emotional about animals too, they are all I had as friends growing up. Rabbits are notoriously nervous about anything and stress is the biggest factor, if mummy rabbit was young, maybe she didn't have the mummy instinct? That happened to my cat just recently, she gave birth without a clue what to do, and not everything is just instinct, she needed me to show her some things too. So don't blame yourself it might have happened anyway, giving mum a better home than the one she had is a much better focus. Also, have you considered having her spayed? its worth it in the long run, and if you do want more, go to your local rescue centre they are always overun with them and many other animals too. Hugs to the little one too its a lesson in life and every life lesson helps. :hug:

Hey Jo :) Missing you :hug:

Hugs all round :hug:

• Like 2

So sorry Layla, :hug: I get more emotional about animals too, they are all I had as friends growing up. Rabbits are notoriously nervous about anything and stress is the biggest factor, if mummy rabbit was young, maybe she didn't have the mummy instinct? That happened to my cat just recently, she gave birth without a clue what to do, and not everything is just instinct, she needed me to show her some things too. So don't blame yourself it might have happened anyway, giving mum a better home than the one she had is a much better focus. Also, have you considered having her spayed? its worth it in the long run, and if you do want more, go to your local rescue centre they are always overun with them and many other animals too. Hugs to the little one too its a lesson in life and every life lesson helps. :hug:

Hey Jo :) Missing you :hug:

Thanks Mark :) She is a young bunny, small too, which is why we never expected when we purchased her that she was pregnant. We're taking our male in tomorrow to be neutered, we'd pulled him out of the cage when she had the babies, so he's been kept away from her and will be until she's healed. I'd read that it was important to fix the male first or he'd harass her endlessly so in to the vet he goes. We'd intended her as a companion for our male so now they'll be able to live  happily together once he heals up. I was really proud of my daughter, she's been extra attentive to smore (the little bunny) she said she didn't want her to be sad about losing her babies. i just had to hug and kiss her for being so thoughtful.

• Like 1

Good to hear Layla :)

Kids bring out some pearls sometimes. Lukey's girls (age 9 and 10) said to me "why can't you love a man? People are so silly sometimes" maybe a few grown ups, well more than a few, could learn that.

Hey Thaddeus :hug: Thanks for stopping by. :)

I'm all out of likes folks, catch ya next time :hug:

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 years later...

I guess, seeing this thread dead, is also depressing for someone. Dude, why don't you just start a new thread? I mean, what is the point in replying on a 7 years old thread. I don't really think that people would appreciate that. And in the case you really suffer of depression, trust me, this is not the best forum for this kind of discussions. I also suffered of depression a couple of times. To be honest, this is the state when you are the most powerless, and having no joy for life. The only great solution i found, actually working solution, was weed. I used to order a lot of weed from UrbanAroma.com during those times. I consider that depression is the worst state you might have.

Edited by emmanuelglover

I'm guessing this thread is somewhat akin to actual depression. With help depression might disappear for good, or for a time, but it all too often returns. So who cares if someone resurrects a old thread when depression is such a dangerous condition.

41 minutes ago, Ron said:

I'm guessing this thread is somewhat akin to actual depression. With help depression might disappear for good, or for a time, but it all too often returns. So who cares if someone resurrects a old thread when depression is such a dangerous condition.

Agree, and after so many years and life experiences, including an ex-boyfriend and finding myself in need to re-evaluate life, I've learned Depression is one of those things that people who suffer from it do not just get over it. It's part of you and it's like a shadow, sometimes covering you in self-doubt and anger, other times receding to be a foregone memory of darker times.

For me, self doubt and anger go hand in hand with Depression; others it might be different.

Additionally, I think Depression has sadly become part of many people's daily lives in the midst of social isolation created by COVID-19. People should express their emotions freely and openly without fear.

Also for coping ideas, again for me, to avoid feeling down about the forced imprisonment at home, I took to diet/exercise and lost 60 pounds or 27 kilograms in the last 7 months. Tracking my calories, my exercise output, and watching my weight daily kept me focused on a goal and kept my focus away from feeling alone.

Edited by W_L
  • Like 1