Sign in to follow this  
C James

Short Story: Ben

Back in Chapter 2 of Circumnavigation, we met Ben, who was in just the one chapter. I received many inquiries about him, and it gave me an idea; write a short story about him, and then distribute it via PM and E-mail as a private "thank-you" to those who were active in the forum or e-mail or PM, etc, regarding feedback or comments. I'd been looking for a way to express my thanks, so this looked like a good fit.

The story is a spin-off of Circumnavigation, but I've been told it can be read alone.

It's now on my GA site, but I still get an occasional request for it, so I thought I'd post a link here in a thread for it. Ben

CJ :)

I read this story a while back and liked it then and liked it again just now when I re-read it.

It was reading Ben that prompted me to start on Circumnavigation in the erroneous belief that if it had a spin-off, it must be complete. And so began the week-to-week odyssey that's taken over my Tuesdays for the last several months.

Thanks, CJ...

Cute story. It also told me something about Lisa that I didn't pick up in Circumnavigation: she'll lie exagerate in order to accomplish something, like getting a boyfriend for Ben.

Colin Posted Image

I read this story a while back and liked it then and liked it again just now when I re-read it.

It was reading Ben that prompted me to start on Circumnavigation in the erroneous belief that if it had a spin-off, it must be complete. And so began the week-to-week odyssey that's taken over my Tuesdays for the last several months.

Thanks, CJ...

Thanks!

Look at the bright side; even though Circumnavigation isn't complete quite yet, at least with me as the author you know with absolute certainty that you don't have to worry about a cliffhanger happening, because there are none. :)

Cute story. It also told me something about Lisa that I didn't pick up in Circumnavigation: she'll lie exagerate in order to accomplish something, like getting a boyfriend for Ben.

Colin Posted Image

Thanks!

Yep, she can be sneaky, especially if she thinks its in a good cause. :)