Furthering an Already Astounding Segregation

Shatt3r3dGlass77

• Site Administrator

Although there has been multiple calls for this topic to be moved to the soapbox, I have yet to find any political motivated or emotional response that requires it to move.

I shall bring it to the attention of the other Moderators and Administration though. I am only one voice on a team.

I do ask that everyone discuss the issue at hand, the rights of transgender people and the people around them. Name calling and insinuations will not be tolerated. Be prepared for Moderation action if you choose to ignore this warning.

Steve

Forum Moderation Team

Here is one quote from one of them, "Dionne Malikowski, 16, a transgender student at the school, said she believes she should have the same rights as any student to use the bathroom of her choice." I can't say that I knew a student has the right to pee in a restroom of their choice? So actually, we all know they don't. Boys use boys restrooms and girls use girls, I've never heard of the option to do otherwise.

Yes, Tim. Boys use boy's toilets. Girls use girl's toilets. They both attempted to do so. That is very much the whole point.

Martin

• Like 1

Gender is between your ears, sex is between your legs. I'll be damned if someone told me I couldn't pee in the boy's bathroom. Posted Image

So Lacey, did you use the boy's bathroom in high school? No hassles, no comments, no one complained?

Gender is between your ears, sex is between your legs.

I think you'll find this is exactly what I was saying earlier, but OMG what a brilliant way of putting it. I'll remember this one. Points to you.

• Like 1

The controversy, and the discussion of it, demonstrate that increasing recognition and respect for diversity of all kinds leads to some cultural questions that are not always easy to answer when we consider how, at a cultural level, to put that recognition and respect into practice.

• Like 1

I did. No one ever complained either. I look and act entirely like an average guy so I assume a ton of people never even knew I was different. My school principal was also very accepting as well.

So Lacey, moving to the theoretical, what if someone had complained or if you had been roughed up in the boys bathroom, would using the staff restrooms have been an amenable solution? And to you think MTF or FTM makes a difference? In other words, are girls more likely to be uncomfortable than guys?

Hmmm, personally I wouldn't use the staff bathroom under any circumstances. Its not a solution if you ask me. It feels like giving up to bigotry. I understand it may "keep them safe" but at what cost, targeting someone out? If someone has the balls to try to harm me in a bathroom, I'm going to put my foot down their throat. :P I dont care how uncomfortable they feel, I'm a guy and I'm using the guy potty. Lol. They can wait until I'm done if they feel weird.

As for ftm and mtf, I dont think it matters. A lesbian isn't excluded from the girl's bathroom because they're attracted to girls, the same should be applied for transgenders.

Sorry for the mistakes. I'm on my phone

Edited by Arpeggio
  • Like 1

So Lacey, moving to the theoretical, what if someone had complained or if you had been roughed up in the boys bathroom, would using the staff restrooms have been an amenable solution? And to you think MTF or FTM makes a difference? In other words, are girls more likely to be uncomfortable than guys?

But there is absolutely no evidence that any of the students had a problem or that there had been any incidents. This isn't protecting the kids from the other students, this is using potential student actions as an excuse to put measures into place when there is no evidence to support the need.

If the two trans* kids prefer to use the student toilets and feel perfectly comfortable doing so, then just maybe this suggests that they do not particularly fear being strung up the moment they take a whizz.

This sort of pointedly pre-emptive protection just doesn't ring true. It's very much the same as all those parents saying that coming out as gay should be banned because "they're worried for their safety". They might mean it in the best possible way but it still really isn't helping anybody.

Martin

• Like 1

• 3 months later...