What about an East Coast Meet Up?

comicfan

I'm planning on it being still on, I've requested off the friday and monday around that weekend and it was granted.

I suppose we need to get a first head count so we can start planning things, it is only 2 months away now :)

I'll see you guys in DC, but I really need to know where and if some one know a good hotel.

Cassie, W.L et al

The answer really depends on where you want to be. In DC proper? In the burbs, close to metro? In the burbs, but you'll have a car so where ever is cheapest and you'll drive to metro. I can offer suggestions but tell me where you want to stay.

I can say you'll probably get better rates in the suburbs, but don't go too far out or else. That said as an example - the Marriott in Greenbelt, MD was not very expensive when Anyta stayed there last month, so it might still be cheap in June. It is close to metro - not walking close however, but it is also at the end of the Greenline which means you need to factor in Metro costs - not exactly cheap but far cheaper than paying for Parking at a Hotel in DC. All things to consider.

Let me know if anyone needs help. Probably best to email me directly - Belsport09@gmail.com

I can't drive, so it's urban high rates for me.

Is it still June 22-24th?

Should we plan out an itinerary, book brunch, or register for a demonstration in front of Congress (if we have enough members :P )?

I want to make sure I know the dates were set sometime earlier. I need 2 months advance warning for a day off.

Plus, if it is 15-17, then I would be much better off. June 24th is my birthday.

The vote was for the weekend of the 16th and 17th. Don't no one go changing the dates after I got that vote finished. lol. Besides I put in for those dates off.

Perfect, so I don't have to rush back to Boston for my Birthday :D

Okay 15-17th it is, thanks.

Comicfan, you might want to edit your first post to show the date in the subject heading or in the first post as a bold text.

Okay these people have confirmed so far:

1) Andy (Quonus)

2) Intune

3) Cassie

4) W_L

5) Prince Duchess

6) Sharon (Sat8997)

Possibles Include

1) Myr

2) Calien

those dates are available. i could probably go, just depends if i can get the right hotel. i guess you can put me on the possible list.

Show up and bring your sketti :P

Show up and bring your sketti Posted Image

I might! I'm kind of excited, everything is going to depend on a hotel.

Does anyone know any good hotels in DC? I'd prefer if it was smack in the middle of the city. It'd be easier access for everything.

Hotels will be the next thing tackled. I am coming in from Long Island so not sure if I am driving or taking the train down from NYC yet.

Okay so none of the other DC folks are chiming in so I can see this falls to me.

I guess what I need to know is what is more important to folks? Price but a metro ride to get to places or convenience but a bit more money?

I also need to know budgets - how much are we talking? I know what areas to avoid and what areas are okay. I can then look around and give you some options. to be honest I don't exactly book hotels in DC area so I'm not that up on what hotel is nice inside or not. I will not be able to check out the hotels for you, but you can make your choices based on the websites.

So I already know Ryan wants down town or close to down town - I'll look this weekend and get back to you.

I've booked a room for Saturday to Sunday at the State Plaza, not sure where that is, but it's close to transportation (Yes, I am taking the Amtrak down to DC using the Northeast Regional line, which should be interesting as I have not taken extended train trips in the US).

The combined price was also right under $300, so it seemed good compared to some stuff I found online.

Yes, I'm a tourist :P

Just looked that up, WL, it's smack dab in the middle of George Washington University. You'll be a few blocks from the Foggy Bottom metro stop, the Kennedy Center, and the National Mall. Excellent location.