Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99 +9) Inferno

Inferno is up.

BTW, the issue of how many chapters remain has come up. We are getting close to the end; as a rough guess, eight to go, plus an epilogue.

Fear not though; I have, as always, endeavored to keep the chapters entirely cliffhanger-free.

It's been a very long haul... longer than I thought, that';s for sure, but we're in the final stretch. I thank those who have stuck with the story this long, and especially those who have commented in some way (here, e-mail, PM, etc).

CJ :)

• Like 1

You may be trying to keep each chapter "cliffhanger free" - but the whole story is a cliffhanger at this point. Really good and thanks.

Hopefully Trevor will speak to Greg about the "reporter". At the moment that's the only way I can see getting Trevor out of the mess he's walking into.

CJ: I thought once Trevor and his mom met, we'd be near the end of the story. Not so.

I feel like I'm caught in an ephemeral froth. There are so many complicated links between parties. Trevor and Shane are in the center spotlight and at the same time, they are completely in the dark.

Thanks for letting us know that the end of the tunnel is about two month's away. Also thanks for a year of cliffhangers and a great story.

WinStuart

Posted Image ...................... Nice to know Bridget was able to get a hairdresser appointment, I wonder if a cop will get lucky in showing the before photo in the mall to a hair dresser, after all red hair does stand out. Posted Image Looks like Bridget will very busy going from town to town along the coast for the next few days to collect her mementos from her 'former life'. Hmmm, looks like a race between her and Gonzales and she is taking a great risk... in 18 hours she will be taking possession of the 'Sea Witch' and she still needs to stay close to Florida to collect her loot. Now Gonzales knows about the Sea Witch, but does Bridget know that he and maybe others know that? Will her greed outweigh her survival instincts which so far have been pretty good, she needed time and at this moment believes Gonzales to be dead. Will that change if she has other infiltrators in the police department? Should be interesting! Posted Image The problem she faced was that her safe deposit boxes and businesses were scattered up and down the Florida seaboard, and getting to them all would take time.

"The problem she faced was that her safe deposit boxes and businesses were scattered up and down the Florida seaboard, and getting to them all would take time."

Trevor has to report this encounter of 'Butch' to Greg, if not he is putting his friends and himself in danger. I think also when they dock up in Perth the Australian Navy is going to ask him about the GPS transponder he has on-board, confused Trevor will find out that someone has planted it. Now will the Navy agree to take it off his hands and place it aboard one of their out going boats to misdirect? Another chase is on! Posted Image After all Trevor should give something back after getting his beloved 'garlic crusher' back!! Posted Image

Will the police drain Bridget's beloved pond and find the remains of Henry and George amoungst many others I suspect, should be quite a shoot fest for Florida and a boom in purse and boots production.

I was being generous in stating this could be closed out in 5 chapters and I'm pleased it will be at least 8 with an ending, I have loved this novel since it's inception, over two years in the making. IT MUST BE PUBLISHED CJ!

Edited by Benji

As I started to read of our favorite "kids" (very punny, I know) back in the restaurant I began to have a distinct fear

that Trevor would somehow be separated from the other three by B'stoke and thereby come close to losing his head...shudder! Of course we would have ended the story chapter with B'stoke and Trevor walking off into the distance and next week...courtesy of our favorite cliff hangin' goat!

One way or another this has been a great story ride and I hate to see it coming to a conclusion, but all good things must come to an end, or so I've heard. I 2nd the motion that this story become a published work - I would buy it!

That being said CJ, I trust you have another story that you will start soon after this story ends? You wouldn't leave your faithful readers without their weekly dosage of CJ would you???

One last thing CJ...did you ever have a story posted here that involved a band that lost their lead singer, only to having an impoverished starving roadie take his place when he was overheard singing during a sound check in what he thought was an empty theater? I swear there was a story here on GA and that it was yours...if I'm wrong, does the short description ring a bell and can you tell me who wrote it and where it is?

Thanks...

• Site Administrator

It is called Let The Music Play and is unpublished on Gay Stories right now. Not sure why :unsure: but maybe CJ can answer that one :)

It is called Let The Music Play and is unpublished on Gay Stories right now. Not sure why :unsure: but maybe CJ can answer that one :)

So I'm not crazy, it was here on Ga, but was it CJ's? If not who wrote it and why is it gone - sniff? I was going to re-read it...

So I'm not crazy, it was here on Ga, but was it CJ's? If not who wrote it and why is it gone - sniff? I was going to re-read it...

Posted Image ...........It's still here, as much as I can see "Let The Music Play" is still at CJ'S forums, it was follwed by a sequal called "Changing Lanes". Look at Authors and look up the Author and click his novels.

You may be trying to keep each chapter "cliffhanger free" - but the whole story is a cliffhanger at this point. Really good and thanks.

Hopefully Trevor will speak to Greg about the "reporter". At the moment that's the only way I can see getting Trevor out of the mess he's walking into.

Basingstoke made Trevor and his friends a bit suspicious, which is good. :) Well, it's good, unless that's what Basingstoke wanted. :)

CJ: I thought once Trevor and his mom met, we'd be near the end of the story. Not so.

I feel like I'm caught in an ephemeral froth. There are so many complicated links between parties. Trevor and Shane are in the center spotlight and at the same time, they are completely in the dark.

Thanks for letting us know that the end of the tunnel is about two month's away. Also thanks for a year of cliffhangers and a great story.

WinStuart

There are still a few little minor issues to iron out for Trevor and friends, such as the cartel's hit on them. :)

Posted Image ...................... Nice to know Bridget was able to get a hairdresser appointment, I wonder if a cop will get lucky in showing the before photo in the mall to a hair dresser, after all red hair does stand out. Posted Image Looks like Bridget will very busy going from town to town along the coast for the next few days to collect her mementos from her 'former life'. Hmmm, looks like a race between her and Gonzales and she is taking a great risk... in 18 hours she will be taking possession of the 'Sea Witch' and she still needs to stay close to Florida to collect her loot. Now Gonzales knows about the Sea Witch, but does Bridget know that he and maybe others know that? Will her greed outweigh her survival instincts which so far have been pretty good, she needed time and at this moment believes Gonzales to be dead. Will that change if she has other infiltrators in the police department? Should be interesting! Posted Image The problem she faced was that her safe deposit boxes and businesses were scattered up and down the Florida seaboard, and getting to them all would take time.

"The problem she faced was that her safe deposit boxes and businesses were scattered up and down the Florida seaboard, and getting to them all would take time."

Trevor has to report this encounter of 'Butch' to Greg, if not he is putting his friends and himself in danger. I think also when they dock up in Perth the Australian Navy is going to ask him about the GPS transponder he has on-board, confused Trevor will find out that someone has planted it. Now will the Navy agree to take it off his hands and place it aboard one of their out going boats to misdirect? Another chase is on! Posted Image After all Trevor should give something back after getting his beloved 'garlic crusher' back!! Posted Image

Will the police drain Bridget's beloved pond and find the remains of Henry and George amoungst many others I suspect, should be quite a shoot fest for Florida and a boom in purse and boots production.

I was being generous in stating this could be closed out in 5 chapters and I'm pleased it will be at least 8 with an ending, I have loved this novel since it's inception, over two years in the making. IT MUST BE PUBLISHED CJ!

Thanks Benji!

Bridget is indeed taking one hell of a gamble. She needs to transfer her buisnesses to Sanchez's people, and get into all those safe deposit boxes. Will she push it too far? She's already able to leave at once; she has millions seqestered overseas, so it's not like she's looking at poverty.

One thing to consider; Lisa and Joel were going to have their wedding reception in Bridge's house. It's quite possible that recent events sent that plan up in smoke. This also puts an end to them inadvertantly revealing info via the bugged guesthouse.

And yep, those aligators might find out that their christmas dinner had conseqences.

As I started to read of our favorite "kids" (very punny, I know) back in the restaurant I began to have a distinct fear

that Trevor would somehow be separated from the other three by B'stoke and thereby come close to losing his head...shudder! Of course we would have ended the story chapter with B'stoke and Trevor walking off into the distance and next week...courtesy of our favorite cliff hangin' goat!

One way or another this has been a great story ride and I hate to see it coming to a conclusion, but all good things must come to an end, or so I've heard. I 2nd the motion that this story become a published work - I would buy it!

That being said CJ, I trust you have another story that you will start soon after this story ends? You wouldn't leave your faithful readers without their weekly dosage of CJ would you???

One last thing CJ...did you ever have a story posted here that involved a band that lost their lead singer, only to having an impoverished starving roadie take his place when he was overheard singing during a sound check in what he thought was an empty theater? I swear there was a story here on GA and that it was yours...if I'm wrong, does the short description ring a bell and can you tell me who wrote it and where it is?

Thanks...

Well, Basingstoke actually has THREE contracts; one on Trevor's head, and the other to kill Lisa and Joel. So, he's being very careful in the setup; he doesn't want it to look like a murder and spark a huge investigation. But... he's also pressed for time; around the first of December, or a few days later, Sanchez gave him a month.

We know he can't leave witnesses (so Shane is in great danger too), Basingstoke needs to make the deaths look non suspicious. A bit problematic, when he needs to take Trevor's head.

I do have other stories in the works, but I need to finish Circumnavigation before making any decisions. :)

And you described "Let the Music Play" (and a sequel, "Changing Lanes"), one of the completed novels on my old site that I have got to get to work on and get moved over to GA stories. I have to make corrections (typo fixes and such) so some of the chapters, and there's a few things I want to fix, so it's not just needing to copy it over. I plan on getting that done in the next few weeks. In the meantime, it and other stories are at my

http://cjames.gayauthors.org

site.

(Thanks, Wildone and Benji, for helping Kevin find it; I was offline and couldn't reply).

BTW, I haven't released the title of the coming chapter yet, but this time the reason isn't my usual bad memory. Well, sort of, but not the usual way. The title currently on the chapter is "Ignorance is Bliss" but I realized I'd used that title before, so I need a new one.

:)

• Site Administrator

Well.......... I usually see the glass half empty when CJ posts a chapter. It must be his writing style ;)

Except this time there is absolutely great news to look forward to if Trevor, Lisa, Joel and Shane survive :D

Trevor's car is safe and sound and waiting for him when he gets home :D

Well.......... I usually see the glass half empty when CJ posts a chapter. It must be his writing style Posted Image

Except this time there is absolutely great news to look forward to if Trevor, Lisa, Joel and Shane survive Posted Image

Trevor's car is safe and sound and waiting for him when he gets home Posted Image

Indeed!!! It all worked out very well; they were paid far more than the car was worth, and now they get the car back too!!!!

See? A happy ending, for one and all. :)

Indeed!!! It all worked out very well; they were paid far more than the car was worth, and now they get the car back too!!!!

See? A happy ending, for one and all. Posted Image

Posted Image ..................... Don't forget the happy re-union Trevor had with his beloved garlic press! Posted Image

Posted Image ..................... Don't forget the happy re-union Trevor had with his beloved garlic press! Posted Image

Indeed!!! A very thoughtful gift from the considerate Mr. Basingstoke. :)

So, let's look at the history of that garlic press. Trevor saved it from the pirate ship (mistaking it for an EPIRB in the dark, due to its similar shape and his numb hands). This directly resulted in Trevor's ordeal in the Southern Ocean. He then used it as a mayday beacon, by setting that huge log on fire and tying it to it with a mayday note inside. That note was indeed discovered (and resulted in the press descending on Trevor). Now, the garlic press has served to introduce Basingstoke to Trevor.

Perhaps we were wrong to think of Bridget as the primary antagonist in this story? Could his garlic press be the actual antagonist? Will it redeem itself before the end? :)

Indeed!!! A very thoughtful gift from the considerate Mr. Basingstoke. Posted Image

So, let's look at the history of that garlic press. Trevor saved it from the pirate ship (mistaking it for an EPIRB in the dark, due to its similar shape and his numb hands). This directly resulted in Trevor's ordeal in the Southern Ocean. He then used it as a mayday beacon, by setting that huge log on fire and tying it to it with a mayday note inside. That note was indeed discovered (and resulted in the press descending on Trevor). Now, the garlic press has served to introduce Basingstoke to Trevor.

Perhaps we were wrong to think of Bridget as the primary antagonist in this story? Could his garlic press be the actual antagonist? Will it redeem itself before the end? Posted Image

What an unmitigated load of cow flops.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..