GA 4th Annual Playoff Pool

wildone

Btw, chance are, since they, the blues, always seem to win in washington, and they are p'd off the the max, that this may end up being a 2-4 series in the blues favor.

Edit: I had to combine last year and this year to get that total of: Well never mind.... it still doesn't work, yet I don't care. St. Louis is my pick, and they are gonna win it, lol.

Here's some good odds, from sbnation.com (http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/odds)

DATE TEAMS Opening

05/01/2012 New Jersey 135

7:30 PM Philadelphia -155

Over/Under 5½u-130

05/02/2012 NY Rangers -105

7:30 PM Washington -115

Over/Under 4½o-125

05/02/2012 Phoenix 165

9:00 PM Nashville -185

Over/Under 5o-110

05/03/2012 Philadelphia Odds not yet decided

7:30 PM New Jersey

Over/Under

05/03/2012 St. Louis 100

10:00 PM Los Angeles -120

Over/Under 4½o-110

• Site Administrator

Hockey.....we'll talk maybe after today Posted Image

Notice though how some of the greatest signs come out during the playoffs Posted Image

Posted Image

Matt, do you know these fine ladies Posted Image

Edited by wildone

I can't believe they lost :cry: Why do the Blues always do that when they manage to kick some ass in round one? Oh well, didn't hurt anyone unless myk picked LA. If he did, it's his win this year, more than likely.

Btw, chance are, since they, the blues, always seem to win in washington, and they are p'd off the the max, that this may end up being a 2-4 series in the blues favor.

Edit: I had to combine last year and this year to get that total of: Well never mind.... it still doesn't work, yet I don't care. St. Louis is my pick, and they are gonna win it, lol.

So how did that plan work out? Posted Image

• Site Administrator

So I went for Los Angeles over Vancouver, as I felt with Sutter behind then bench, they would do much better than if they didn't. What I honestly didn't expect was them to manhandle the overall #1 and #3 team overall in the league so easily :unsure:

I really felt this was St. Louis' year to shine.

I will say that I've always maintained Sutter is a great coach. He took the Flames to the Stanley Cup Finals when really they didn't have the talent to be there, on the stat sheet. He is an amazing coach, I just wish he would keep out of the Front Office and not try to be General Manager.

Could this be a repeat with LA in the Finals? Quick is playing well enough to take em there.

Hockey.....we'll talk maybe after today Posted Image

Notice though how some of the greatest signs come out during the playoffs Posted Image

Posted Image

Matt, do you know these fine ladies Posted Image

This picture is fake, or at least the sign is. I saw the same exact picture where the sign said, 'Hey Tyler remember us, we sucked your dick in high school'. :P If that is true, I would love to be the lovely lady who went down on him. Posted Image

So I went for Los Angeles over Vancouver, as I felt with Sutter behind then bench, they would do much better than if they didn't. What I honestly didn't expect was them to manhandle the overall #1 and #3 team overall in the league so easily Posted Image

I really felt this was St. Louis' year to shine.

I will say that I've always maintained Sutter is a great coach. He took the Flames to the Stanley Cup Finals when really they didn't have the talent to be there, on the stat sheet. He is an amazing coach, I just wish he would keep out of the Front Office and not try to be General Manager.

Could this be a repeat with LA in the Finals? Quick is playing well enough to take em there.

If they are man enough to take the blues down, I suppose I should root for 'em in the end. I won't be a sore loser, lol. Lets go... eh, I just can't do it, lol.

This picture is fake, or at least the sign is. I saw the same exact picture where the sign said, 'Hey Tyler remember us, we sucked your dick in high school'. Posted Image If that is true, I would love to be the lovely lady who went down on him. Posted Image

The explicit sign is the photoshop. The two minutes for hooking was the real version. It was also not in Boston, but at the Islanders. You can tell because the Bruins are in their road whites, but the crowd is mostly Bruins fans anyways. The real sign:

Posted Image

• Site Administrator

Well some strange things have happened in this round. There is still a few people that can score more points based on the four remaining teams, Los Angeles, Phoenix, New York and New Jersey. Heck someone even got points even though they didn't pick the second round correct (Nate ;) )

So here is the order:

Bill W - 20 points

Red A - 20 points

Percy - 20 points

Ramon - 25 points

BlueSoxSWJ - 25 points

Wildone - 25 points

TetRefine - 25 points

Rakuten06 - 30 points

Krista - 30 points

W_L - 30 points

Jonathan C - 30 points

Myk - 30 points

Houdini - 30 points

NateB - 35 points

Andy021278 - 35 points

And the leader after 2 rounds.............................TrevorTime with 45 points!!!

If you think that Trevor will win it all, it is actually too early to say :) Yes, some people don't have any teams left, but the ones that do could sneak up and surprise Trevor ;)

These were my picks for the final two rounds:

Third Round

NY Rangers

St. Louis

-----------------------------------

Stanley Cup Winner

New York Rangers

EDIT: according to my calculations, only one person can tie me, and that's if he goes 3 for 3 in the final two rounds.

Congrats Trevor.

I proved my initial statement when I got involved in this. I don't follow hockey, but gave it a try. I figured if the woman in the office can win the March Madness pool, I might have a chance - NOT. lol

• Like 1

Don't fret Bill,

i think most of us didn't expect to win.

i am lucky at the moment to be stuck in 3rd place tie even if all i did was guess based on defense and shot averages.

I was doing so well, then wham, st. louis lost and took my other picks with them, lol. Congrats Trev, even though I thought I'd be :king: , I hope it's you that stands in for me :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

So after a very short overtime period, the New Jersey Devils scored quickly to put the New York Rangers out on to the golf course. Now it will be interesting to see if the New Jersey Devils have more than five games in them against the basically unchallenged LA Kings.

I said there may be movement, and there was Posted Image Special kudos goes to one of our overseas entrants who actually has a impressive distinction at the end of this round. Johnathan Colourfield was the only person to score any points in this round by picking the New Jersey Devils to win and is the only one out of all of us to actually pick one of the teams to be going to the Stanley Cup. So I say we all officially suck, and you John, rule Posted Image .

Here is the standings if anyone cares:

Bill W - 20 points

Red A - 20 points

Percy - 20 points

Ramon - 25 points

BlueSoxSWJ - 25 points

Wildone - 25 points

TetRefine - 25 points

Rakuten06 - 30 points

Krista - 30 points

W_L - 30 points

Myk - 30 points

Houdini - 30 points

NateB - 35 points

Andy021278 - 35 points

Jonathan C - 35 points

And the current leader (and unofficial winner Posted Image ) is Trevor with his 45 points.

So lets have some fun here....Let's post who you think will win between LA and NJ and in how many games Posted Image

Edited by wildone

• Site Administrator

What a great idea Steve Posted Image

I will pick Los Angeles winning it all in New Jersey in 5 games!