Waking up gay

Mikelaing74

Like most human interest stories, last night's doc gave no clear answers to the questions raised:

- did the stroke make Chris gay?

- was he really gay all the time but prior to the stroke had "successfully" suppressed his gayness? (to himself and his family/friends)

- and if he was really gay all the time but had "successfully" suppressed his gayness, could he still claim the stroke "made him gay", bearing in mind his "latent gayness" might have emerged later?

- or was it all one big lie? I was satisfied that he was genuine in his belief - he seemed an OK guy - but maybe strokes also affect reasoning and self perception / awareness parts of the brain too?

- what actually determines sexuality: genes? hormones? foetal conditions? brain "wiring"? experience / environment? or combinations of all these? If Chris is right then the answer - or one answer - is in the brain (and the parts that die during a stroke and subsequent rewiring)

Whatever the answers, it's clear that our understanding of the brain is still in its infancy and that the more we learn about the brain the more we realize how much more we don't know about it.

See I had this in mind to post as well but i completely forgot about it. The story has been floating around for sometime I believe.

I don't know whether or not it's real/true but it does raise some interesting questions. If it is true though it would seriously screw with the Nature vs. Nurture debate. If something like a stroke could change one's sexual orientation which theory would be correct or would they both be?

And more importantly, what stops the freaks from setting up a private clinic where they would experiment with "little strokes" to "un-gay" people?!!