Do You Get Preferential Treatment from LGBT Community?

Just out of curiosity.

The other day I was at a supermarket, I think I immediately spotted one girl who was probably a lesbian (though my gaydar is very broken). I think the girl spotted me also, though I don't think it was that difficult. I was like wearing a lemony yellow T-shirt with "Viva Tequila" written on it, and a pair of Nantucket red cargo shorts. Basically I was just this short from flaming.... Don't know why I dressed up that way, but I guess I just felt like it. Anyways, she was doing stocking, then she dropped whatever she was working on to ask me if I needed help with anything, and then she followed up on me. Very personal service, which I don't think I'd get if I were just any guy in the supermarket.

Then some time ago I was somewhat depressed and decided to treat myself with an expensive dinner (by myself, of course...). I couldn't help but thought the waitress who waited on me was a working as a drag queen at her other work place.... But anyways, I left her more tips than I usually give, especially she was so nice to me.

Anyone got any similar experience? Do you like giving or receiving preferential treatment from LGBT community?

I can't tell a gay person from a straight person half the time, but no, I don't get special treatment, but I also don't come off as gay to a lot of people. If anything, I've been subjected to a lot more bigotry. =[

I was like wearing a lemony yellow T-shirt with "Viva Tequila" written on it...

It sounds/looks like you have a neat collection of yellow tee shirts. Squirt is one of my favorite sodas, BTW.

My favorite yellow tee shirt in my collection is a Mr. Goodbar shirt.

I don't get especially deferential treatment from anyone in the supermarkets, but I do get a great feeling when I ask for a senior discount and they card me. Posted Image

• Like 1

I can't tell a gay person from a straight person half the time, but no, I don't get special treatment, but I also don't come off as gay to a lot of people. If anything, I've been subjected to a lot more bigotry. =[

Oh no.... (*hugs*) I mean a more positive differential treatment, not stupid prejudice. BTW, I read something you wrote in another thread, so I am confused. So do you date guys or gals? And does that make it hard to identify your sexuality? I mean I am confused, of course. It's probably not confusing to you.

It sounds/looks like you have a neat collection of yellow tee shirts. Squirt is one of my favorite sodas, BTW.

My favorite yellow tee shirt in my collection is a Mr. Goodbar shirt.

I don't get especially deferential treatment from anyone in the supermarkets, but I do get a great feeling when I ask for a senior discount and they card me. Posted Image

Cool. I remember I went to a lounge once with my cousins, and I kind of wanted the waitress to card me. LOL. I did look a lot younger than my age (I still look younger than my age, but the gap is drawing closer...). Then I realized I didn't bring my driver's license that day. Posted Image I guess I was just very silly.

I never get any service that's especially nice like that in a supermarket, so that's really special.

Edited by Ashi

I did look a lot younger than my age (I still look younger than my age, but the gap is drawing closer...).

When I was in my mid-30s, I looked younger than that. Now that I'm twice that age, not so much. Posted Image

young & cute is going to get more attention than old & non-cute

add hawt and its pretty much a given

Sometimes it's hard to understand you.... Are you like... saying like... I am old... and non-cute? OMG! I can't breathe anymore. Someone please..., bring me some sniffing salt before I faint.

I don't think I've ever actually been anywhere with a gay community. But I never get special treatment anywhere anyway :P I do have an awesome yellow Japanese Sonic the Hedgehog tshirt though so if I'm ever in a gay area I'll wear it and see what happens. :D

I don't think I've ever actually been anywhere with a gay community. But I never get special treatment anywhere anyway Posted Image I do have an awesome yellow Japanese Sonic the Hedgehog tshirt though so if I'm ever in a gay area I'll wear it and see what happens. Posted Image

Umm..., you'd never know if there is a gay community around. I don't think I live near a gay community either. Anyways, just wear your T and see if they give you a fist or they give you a wink. LOL!

nooo Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image gay people hate me

sucks being ugly

moooooommmmmm I thought you said I'm handsomeeeee :....(((((((( liaaarrrrrrrr

You? Ugly? Well, at least you're young.... Anyways, I don't believe you. Besides, it's the inside that counts. If gay people all hate you, then this site would be called Straightauthors (or at least bicuriousauthors).

Anyways, quoth Holden Caulfield, "You're a real prince, a gentleman and a scholar, Ackley." Though I think I may have misquoted. Posted Image

EDIT: Just remembered Jamessavik is a Leo.... No wonder he didn't find my teasings funny.... Oops. Sawry.

Edited by Ashi

to MikeM: Well when you're an old frog, you tend to croak twice as much Posted Image

to Y_B: yeah well when you have a giant bulbous head and a tiny little body...combined with an perminately angry look, that tends to happen :D

To Ashi: At least you didn't get called your mother's younger brother on your birthday...by someone related to you by marriage no less :o and i am younger then you, have no idea what you look like and am ugly :oPosted Image

To Ashi: At least you didn't get called your mother's younger brother on your birthday...by someone related to you by marriage no less Posted Image

Ouchie. Those in-laws. If someone invented an in-law zipper, that'll sell like hot cake.

Ouchie. Those in-laws. If someone invented an in-law zipper, that'll sell like hot cake.

^_^ yes well it made my mother feel good anyway considering she's in her fifties, and the inlaw didn't actually know who i was so yeah *shrugs*

to the topic of this forum, well we don't actually have many "known" gays here in this town, so i don't think i've seen preferential treatment because of my Sexuality, I have had preferential treatment just because people like me thought :)

as I said to one of my friends, "It's because I just so Charismatic you know" Posted Image

as I said to one of my friends, "It's because I just so Charismatic you know" Posted Image

There you go. :) Now use that charm to turn the whole town gay-friendly.