[Myr] Who has read Alex Rider stories?

• Site Administrator

Who has read any of the Alex Rider books by Anthony Horowitz?

Alex Rider is basically a young James Bond. He gets into some pretty wild crap over the course of the nine novels.

yes and its a pitty they didn't do more ... its a hard age group to film because

the character has to be of the age in the stories ... look a hp ... he suppose to be 17

but in Daniel is like 22

if its like a 16yo filming 7 movies he be 23 ... playing from a 16 yo to 18yo

perhaps why films are done as adaptations

the film scored a 5.1/10 ... it didn't wow the crowd

LOTR n HP took over the popularity

if it was release before 2003 it might have a chance ...

James Bond type films are a bit passe ... teens interest deviated from spy movies ...

the generation has changed

It would have been great if films where made during the writing of the books

spy movies came from the 60s ... lasting a good 40 - 50 years

lol, if it weren't for spies we would not have nuclear proliferation

if it weren't for spies we would have not stop the Cuban missile crises

I forgot but it seems the James Bond stuff is a cold war derivative

Stormbreaker seems to be a quest for Alex to find out more about his father

The bad guy was to use the power of the internet to control its users (kids)

not sure what the other books were about

I think the public would appreciate "Ruby Red - By Kerstin Gier" trilogy

the Crusade in Jeans scored a 6.1 .... lol one point better than the alex ryder movie

but it didn't trigger a cry for sequels

update: I check amazon and the books are a success but who are the readers and what age group is it so popular

There is a Stormbreak 2014 movie ... what it that movie about?

Are they the books that the film Stormbreaker with Alex Pettyfer was based on?

Edited by hh5
  • 1 month later...

A bit late of a response but I actually started reading this series awhile back.

I saw a Movie on HBO (I Am Number Four) then checked sites ("If you liked this movie, you might also like..."). Saw Stormbreaker and that it was based on a book. Read that and got hooked (I wasn't a big fan of spy movies/novels before). I read the first six books but I think I got sort of burnt out after that (there are nine total). After awhile, felt like the plot became predictable. It's still a pretty good read though (despite having some pretty absurd scenarios). Hehe.

Wish there were more movies like it though (and I don't mean Spy Kids). I like cool, not kiddie. Hehe.

its never too late to share

"I Am Number Four" is sort of like from some other movies or TV series ... sort like Alphas ... etc

A bit late of a response but I actually started reading this series awhile back.

I saw a Movie on HBO (I Am Number Four) then checked sites ("If you liked this movie, you might also like..."). Saw Stormbreaker and that it was based on a book. Read that and got hooked (I wasn't a big fan of spy movies/novels before). I read the first six books but I think I got sort of burnt out after that (there are nine total). After awhile, felt like the plot became predictable. It's still a pretty good read though (despite having some pretty absurd scenarios). Hehe.

Wish there were more movies like it though (and I don't mean Spy Kids). I like cool, not kiddie. Hehe.

its never too late to share

"I Am Number Four" is sort of like from some other movies or TV series ... sort like Alphas ... etc

I just checked that Alphas out on wikipedia. Looks promising. But unfortunately, it's not showing on any of the channels here (afaik). I'll find a way to watch it. :D

Just finished "Scorpia Rising" It was bloody brilliant! Although the lack of Alex in the first few chapters threw me for a bit. The power of five series by Anthony Horowitz is also amazing if youse haven't checked it out yet

I was thinking of starting on that just for something different. I can't find a copy though. >.<

They are different from the Alex Rider books, written for a slightly older audience and being fantasy, but they are still amazing with his great style of descriptive writing. I use the opening of the second book to demonstrate to my class how they should be writing.

Just finished Charlie btw, was also amazing :) one of those stories that you are sad to finish.

I was trying to list others but my mind went a bit blank ,,, Jumpers (staring haden christian) ...

I know there is a tv series where the special are being hunted ,,, but I forgot the name

#4 just brings the game down to teens

Fantastic Four comes close but in #4 these are children of aliens that are born on earth

but Alphas is a good compromised.

I just checked that Alphas out on wikipedia. Looks promising. But unfortunately, it's not showing on any of the channels here (afaik). I'll find a way to watch it. Posted Image

Just finished Charlie btw, was also amazing Posted Image one of those stories that you are sad to finish.

Thanks! Though I'm not sure Myr will like my story being mentioned in his forum. Haha.

I was trying to list others but my mind went a bit blank ,,, Jumpers (staring haden christian) ...

I know there is a tv series where the special are being hunted ,,, but I forgot the name

#4 just brings the game down to teens

Fantastic Four comes close but in #4 these are children of aliens that are born on earth

but Alphas is a good compromised.

Yeah, I've watched Jumper. It was nice. No idea what that TV series is. Hehe. I usually just watch TV whenever someone recommends a show to me. Otherwise, it's turned off most of the time.

Also, what do you mean #4? Is that a TV series? A movie? I couldn't find it on wikipedia.

Thanks! Though I'm not sure Myr will like my story being mentioned in his forum. Haha.

Yeah, I've watched Jumper. It was nice. No idea what that TV series is. Hehe. I usually just watch TV whenever someone recommends a show to me. Otherwise, it's turned off most of the time.

Also, what do you mean #4? Is that a TV series? A movie? I couldn't find it on wikipedia.

Haha he'll get over it.

Think he's referring to "I am number 4" it's a movie ( cute male lead, can't remember his name thoug) and a book. Pretty decent read

• Site Administrator

Alex Pettyfer. He played Alex Rider in Storm Breaker and John Smith in I am Number 4.

(good book series there too. 3rd book comes out... tomorrow?)(The Rise of Nine)

• Like 1

Alex Pettyfer. He played Alex Rider in Storm Breaker and John Smith in I am Number 4.

*facepalm!* how did I not know that!

It's not out to the end of the month in Australia or the UK. Not sure about other places.

Yeah, I actually put that date on my Calendar. Haha. Though I haven't actually gotten around to checking the local bookstores if the book is available.

Something I haven't checked yet... Does the itunes store sell books? Can it be bought and downloaded to my iphone or ipad btw? Sorry, new to this whole online purchase thing.

is this #4 x 2 + 1??? LOL