The first story of a planned series has just been posted.

These will be tales of a day in the life of a different demon from myth or legend. A few will be demons of my own invention, as is the case with our first tale.

Story:

The Kindertotenlieder https://www.gayauthors.org/story/andy021278/thekindertotenlieder

The demon created for this tale is based on Mahler's song cycle Kindertotenlieder. This demon feeds on children, so warning dear readers, approach this one with caution.

Good story, intriguing read, realistic setting, disgusting demon, but more angst and pain was needed. I like the prologue more. All in all good. Liked it. Just a question, no tresspass on the children's behalf should keep them safe from any demon and especially a low level one. So how did he take Cherlie? Anyways Keep writing and keep sharing... er... nightmares. Hugs and chocolates.

Thanks for reading and providing feedback.

As this series expands, the stories will probably become more detailed and intricate - this one is more so a kind of feeler, see what the response to it is like.

I didn't want to make this first story too dark and painful (especially since the victim was a child), though I'm sure some of the stories to follow will be filled with darkness, pain and suffering :lol:

So how did he take Cherlie?

It's one of those things that I decided to leave open to the reader to fill in for themselves. Most demons in mythology don't care about someone's protection by a god, so in keeping with that tradition, my Kindertotenlieder is not hampered by the innocence of childhood.

Hope that answers your question.