Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99+52) 'Till Death do them Part

• Site Administrator

"A rose by any other name is still a rose"

-William Shakespear's Romeo and Juliet 1600 AD

"A Cliffhanger by any other name is still a Cliffhanger"

-Wildone in CJ's Forum at Gay Authors Feb 12, 2013 AD

Come on guys and gals, that was definitely a CLIFFHANGER!!!!  Also, it puts him in the forefront of the 2013 Readers Choice Awards for King of Evil Cliffhangers!

For anyone who needs clarification about how many chapters are outstanding, please see CJ's original post and then the one I helped him out with here :P

Benji, I would say that I'm pretty sure that the rival cartel's gang members are about to create a blood bath at the Restaurant, the old wedding location. The reason I say that is the spotter that Bridget talked to was on an encrypted line, while Xavier, aka Bruno, talked on a normal cell phone to each of the gang members. This was all heard by the cell tower that the police had overtaken. At the new wedding location there is only 3 FBI agents as told by the narrator.

Gonzales is ready for the bloodbath, the rival gang has been duped into causing the blood bath, yet Bridget saw through Gonzales' plan is now all we have to do is wait to see what Bridget has in plan for the actual wedding site. The thing is that she hasn't revealed how many people are there except for her informant that is now at the new site.

One encouraging thought...Bridget told the informant to capture Trevor and Shane alive, the rest are collateral damage. So Bridget's people, not the rival cartel's gang members, are not to shoot either of them.

• Like 2

One encouraging thought...Bridget told the informant to capture Trevor and Shane alive, the rest are collateral damage. So Bridget's people, not the rival cartel's gang members, are not to shoot either of them.

Yes, but "the rest" includes Joel and Lisa.

• Like 1

Does the title imply more than one wedding?   We agree with Winemaker, our guess is that BB will lead the fringe cartel lambs to slaughter at the foundry wedding location where they will come upon the FBI, Coast guard, Miami SWAT team and local police, just ridding herself of some competition, at a cheap $5000/per combatant....Then we are a bit concerned about the loyalty of Gonzalez!! Smiling at Franks concern that either police agents or Trevor and Shane may be killed at the wedding...Seems to me our author has more tricks up his sleeve, who is in with whom and does anyone care for anyone but themselves???  Only time will tell, I for one can't wait for the ending as my plans then include a one weekend reading binge, all at once, how fun!!!

Come on guys and gals, that was definitely a CLIFFHANGER!!!!  Also, it puts him in the forefront of the 2013 Readers Choice Awards for King of Evil Cliffhangers!

For anyone who needs clarification about how many chapters are outstanding, please see CJ's original post and then the one I helped him out with here :P

Benji, I would say that I'm pretty sure that the rival cartel's gang members are about to create a blood bath at the Restaurant, the old wedding location. The reason I say that is the spotter that Bridget talked to was on an encrypted line, while Xavier, aka Bruno, talked on a normal cell phone to each of the gang members. This was all heard by the cell tower that the police had overtaken. At the new wedding location there is only 3 FBI agents as told by the narrator.

Gonzales is ready for the bloodbath, the rival gang has been duped into causing the blood bath, yet Bridget saw through Gonzales' plan is now all we have to do is wait to see what Bridget has in plan for the actual wedding site. The thing is that she hasn't revealed how many people are there except for her informant that is now at the new site.

B) ............ I have to agree with your and Winemakers assessment here, I guess I playing into Bridget's countdown of the wedding vows. Yep, there most certainly be a bloodbath. So she and Jefe have hatched this plan to take the heat off of them because of the tape.

Bridgets other plans obviously involve Haiti..... :)

Quote: "He’d been in Haiti for several days, overseeing the preparations there." :devil:

As for the wedding at the other location CJ was very specific in the wording of who was there...

Quote: "The three FBI agents, posted at the room’s three entrances, stood guard. They were the only law enforcement officials of any kind within miles"

I wonder if the military or others than Law Enforcement are in attendance at the other location??? :lmao:

Bridget has arranged a special "Gift" for the happy couple (Maybe a Honeymoon in Jamaica??)

Quote: "A wedding is a very special thing indeed, and I have always believed that it behooves one to put the greatest of care and thought into choosing a present for the happy couple.” Bridget shared a chuckle at her wit with the first amongst equals, raising her glass to his." :whistle:

Bridgets other plans obviously involve Haiti..... :)

Quote: "He’d been in Haiti for several days, overseeing the preparations there." :devil:

As for the wedding at the other location CJ was very specific in the wording of who was there...

Quote: "The three FBI agents, posted at the room’s three entrances, stood guard. They were the only law enforcement officials of any kind within miles"

I wonder if the military or others than Law Enforcement are in attendance at the other location??? :lmao:

Bridget has arranged a special "Gift" for the happy couple (Maybe a Honeymoon in Jamaica??)

Quote: "A wedding is a very special thing indeed, and I have always believed that it behooves one to put the greatest of care and thought into choosing a present for the happy couple.” Bridget shared a chuckle at her wit with the first amongst equals, raising her glass to his." :whistle:

B) ............. I think the goat mentioned getting the coast guard involved, but technically they are law enforcement, as they patrol the waters off the coast for lawbreakers (drug smugglers).  I fear that Lisa will have her honeymoon ruined by Bridget :whistle:  I wonder if they will even make port before getting chased by a crew of Bridget's people. Yep, that 30-06 should come in very handy as it's reach far surpasses that of AK-47's and with armor piercing rounds I can see the boat speeding too quickly allowing Trevor time to send rounds into the boats bottom as it crashes up in the waves during the chase. Maybe a lucky shot at the driver also, it wouldn't take long for the boat to slow down as it sinks. Perhaps time to waste another Ice chest?  And change the honeymoon plans, Bridget is such a bitch to ruin Lisa and Joel's honeymoon!   :lmao:

Are there a few paragraphs missing from the end of this chapter, seems you have inadvertently left a wee bit of a cliffhanger! Really enjoyed the twists and turns of this chapter, but cannot see how Trev can ever have a normal life at the end of this (assuming that you aren't mean enough to kill him off in the next chapter).

There isn't a cliffhanger! My team and I carefully scrutinize each chapter to be absolutely sure. :pickaxe:

Why do I get the feeling that the new location is not as unprotected as it appears? :) This was a good chapter, a lot going on and the suspense is high. I can't wait for the next chapter.

Thanks!!

All I can say is... those 3 FBI agents are the only law enforcement (or military) within miles.  :)

Wow, two chapters and an epilogue remaining.... Why do I find this hard to believe?

Could someone refresh me on the doll?  Every time I wrack my brain I get visions of Skippy th Bush Kangaroo.

What an idylic wedding, and they have such a peaceful and restful spot for the honeymoon.

Bridget is about to deliver some really big wedding present.  How nice.

Just two chapters and an epilogue left.  Nothing bad could possibly happen..and NO CLIFFHANGERS.  ;  ), RI-I-I-I-IGHT!!!!! 

Two wedding locations....is the author saying there'll be two weddings? 

Arnold mentioned the doll on the tape. It was a childhood toy of their daughter, Stacy, whom Bridget killed. However, Ned found the doll years ago, and gave it to one of his kids, then sold it. They are trying to find it, but the trail is cold.

As for two chapters and an epilogue remaining, I have been quite consistent on that. :) We have two more chapters to go... The one in beta now, the one after it, and then the one after that, which is the final chapter. 

Indeed, it is an idyllic setting for both the wedding and the honeymoon. :)

And I absolutely agree, no cliffhangers!! Thank you!!!

I don't have the right vocal range or ability to scream; I don't think I could conjure one if my very life depended on it. But I did manage a totally respectable roar as I read the last line of this chapter and realized there was no more. I can't imagine any more suspense and nail-biting tension if you were one to actually use cliffhangers! I desperately don't want this story to end, yet I can't wait for the ending. Thanks, CJ! (I think.)

Thanks!!!!

It's not easy imparting a hint of tension to a serial while still avoiding anything even close to a cliffhanger, but that's what we do. :)

Definitely an exquisite cliff hangers.  It's so hard to believe that Trevor actually made it back to Florida in one piece.  It seems he may not stay in one piece for long.

it is my fondest hope that not only are the police more than prepared for a raid at the real wedding but also that an armed drone has been circling over the cottage containing Bridget and "Jefe".   

And yes, what is it about the doll?

Thanks for the chapter CJ.  Looking forward to the last three in very late December 2012. 

We're on a tight schedule to get these posted before the end of 2012, but we'll do it!

And a cliffhanger? What cliffhanger?

I didn't see no cliff hangers, maybe a mountain or two but definitely no cliffs. Another great chapter

Thanks!!! One thing about Florida; as Shane observed, it's flat, so no cliffs or cliffhangers there. 

I would say the ending of this chapter was a cliffhanger but our goat would disagree as he normally does and bolster his case by saying there are no cliffs in Florida.

Would Gonzalez really leave only three FBI agents at the actual location of the wedding? It sure seems to be the case...

It will be a looooong week - and even then Bridget gave instructions for Trev and Shane to be captured alive for her further and final, for our boys, entertainment...We will all be twisting in the wind until the epilogue is delivered!

Vile, evil and twisted old goat!

Yep, if he was depending on secrecy... he's been very worried about leaks.

B) .................. Great chapter, but I wonder if Bridget's bloodbath will go the way she has planned?

"The three FBI agents, posted at the room’s three entrances, stood guard. They were the only law enforcement officials of any kind within miles." 

Makes you wonder if any of the civilians are armed at the wedding, like the grooms and brides dads, grandpa and maybe even Trevor and Shane. The assault team of Bridget's consist of 12 gang bangers, right now outnumbering the agents four to one.

The thing is, what is Bridget's plan, exactly? :)

But which wedding venue are Bridget's troops at?

I have a very bad feeling that some of the central characters aren't going to survive. I'm particularly worried about Lisa and Joel.

And Benji's right to remind us of the 30-06. Nothing else in this story has happened without cause so it's inconceivable that it won't come into play soon.

HEre's one clue... The temporary cell "tower" Gonzalez is using to intercept cellular calls. That's called a man-in-the-middle intercept, and the temporary tower would act like a regular one, including in range. Unless Bridget is spoofing it (not hard to do) then her assault teams are near the marina, not the real wedding at Vero Beach. But.. that'd mean Bridget is knowingly sending her force into what she knows is nothing but a trap. What is she up to?

B) ................. I'm pretty sure Bridget outwitted Gonzales in the location switch and her 12 gang bangers are at the 2nd location. She has been using the Credit Card information rather effectively, and it strikes me odd that Gonzales didn't see this coming.

He doesn't know that she controls a bank. Also, even though the police use the same method, they get their data by serving warrants on the banks, so they don't actually know how it's done in most cases. :)  

MikeL, on 12 Feb 2013 - 15:40, said:

As for the issue of cliffhangers, the goat will never agree that there are any and will argue long and hard if any of us readers uses the word.

I propose that we start using another term for the tense endings to which we have grown accustomed.  That way everyone avoids the contentious word, the goat will be mollified, and we can use the new term freely.

Any suggestions?  I will throw out "goat gimmicks" as a possibility.

I've already admitted that there are, on rare occasion, ever-so-slightly tense bits... but as you know, there are no cliffhangers.  

Winemaker, on 12 Feb 2013 - 18:03, said:

There's been a few switches in this chapter but who's to say that Gonzales didn't switch the location twice? I really don't think he's the idiot that Bridget think's he is. I'll say it one more time guys........ THE DOLL will play a part in the end...

Unfortunately, the narration says that they are in the garden room at the Vero Beach resort. And Bridget has an observer there. :) 

Gandalf, on 12 Feb 2013 - 20:00, said:

I believe this is the third week we have been told there are "two more chapters and an epilogue". While I have learned many new things:geographical , historical, navigational, nautical , etc. I am not sure I will survive many more of CJ's dramatic chapter breaks.

I am wondering what he has up his horn when(if) Circ ends?

Just two more chapters (and the epilogue) to go; the one for next week, the one after thant, and the one after that, which is the final chapter. :)

After Circ ends, I'll be taking taking a writing hiatus for a couple of weeks while I flesh out the plot for the next story. :) 

mickey1952, on 12 Feb 2013 - 20:01, said:

Come on, everyone! Get creative and get on the bandwagon. Come up with your own substitute word or phrase for cliffhanger, then share it with all of us. Hey, I just thought of another one! How about "a goat grabber"? Or maybe "goat-tastrophe".

But but but... I never use cliffhangers!

JimCarter, on 12 Feb 2013 - 22:42, said:

As for the issue of cliffhangers, the goat will never agree that there are any and will argue long and hard if any of us readers uses the word.

I propose that we start using another term for the tense endings to which we have grown accustomed.  That way everyone avoids the contentious word, the goat will be mollified, and we can use the new term freely.

Any suggestions?  I will throw out "goat gimmicks" as a possibility.

I like that.  We can us GG for a short cut.

Wow don't know how I screwed up this quote so bad

But... there are no cliffhangers... 

wildone, on 13 Feb 2013 - 11:36, said:

Wildone!!!

This wasn't a cliffy... and besides, it can't be eligable for the 2013 awards, because as the time-stamp clearly shows, it was posting in December, 2012!

Bridget was being very considerate; she waited until Lisa and Joel were married. :)

RickMD, on 13 Feb 2013 - 13:40, said:

Does the title imply more than one wedding?   We agree with Winemaker, our guess is that BB will lead the fringe cartel lambs to slaughter at the foundry wedding location where they will come upon the FBI, Coast guard, Miami SWAT team and local police, just ridding herself of some competition, at a cheap $5000/per combatant....Then we are a bit concerned about the loyalty of Gonzalez!! Smiling at Franks concern that either police agents or Trevor and Shane may be killed at the wedding...Seems to me our author has more tricks up his sleeve, who is in with whom and does anyone care for anyone but themselves???  Only time will tell, I for one can't wait for the ending as my plans then include a one weekend reading binge, all at once, how fun!!!

One thing I can say about Gonzalez; *IF* he was on the other team, he wouldn't give himself away by smiling at Frank's concern. :)

Benji, on 14 Feb 2013 - 18:30, said:

B) ............. I think the goat mentioned getting the coast guard involved, but technically they are law enforcement, as they patrol the waters off the coast for lawbreakers (drug smugglers).  I fear that Lisa will have her honeymoon ruined by Bridget :whistle:  I wonder if they will even make port before getting chased by a crew of Bridget's people. Yep, that 30-06 should come in very handy as it's reach far surpasses that of AK-47's and with armor piercing rounds I can see the boat speeding too quickly allowing Trevor time to send rounds into the boats bottom as it crashes up in the waves during the chase. Maybe a lucky shot at the driver also, it wouldn't take long for the boat to slow down as it sinks. Perhaps time to waste another Ice chest?  And change the honeymoon plans, Bridget is such a bitch to ruin Lisa and Joel's honeymoon!   :lmao:

But maybe she's just... misunderstood? ph34r.png

Okay, time to announce the next chapter title. It is "A Grand and Deadly Design".

CJ :)

RickMD, on 13 Feb 2013 - 13:40, said:

Does the title imply more than one wedding? We agree with Winemaker, our guess is that BB will lead the fringe cartel lambs to slaughter at the foundry wedding location where they will come upon the FBI, Coast guard, Miami SWAT team and local police, just ridding herself of some competition, at a cheap $5000/per combatant....Then we are a bit concerned about the loyalty of Gonzalez!! Smiling at Franks concern that either police agents or Trevor and Shane may be killed at the wedding...Seems to me our author has more tricks up his sleeve, who is in with whom and does anyone care for anyone but themselves??? Only time will tell, I for one can't wait for the ending as my plans then include a one weekend reading binge, all at once, how fun!!!

From CJames--One thing I can say about Gonzalez; *IF* he was on the other team, he wouldn't give himself away by smiling at Frank's concern. :)

RickMD--Not unless Frank was also double dealing?? :lmao:

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..