Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Have you been on a burning cruise ship?

hh5

rancid air quality ... raw sewage leak ... 4 hr wait for onion sandwiches ... 
 ... exposure to viruses and possible bacterial infections

does a full refund trips and an extra 500 dollars compensate?
I guess it pays for a plane ticket and a taxi and a dinner

I wonder what the Costa Allegra gave?

Gosh isn't Carnival ruining their record for the best cruises?

2013 - Carnival Triumph - 4 days w/o power

2012 - Costa Allegra (indian ocean) - 3 days w/o power - open to the dangers of the pirates

They scrap this ship later that year.

Edited by hh5

No I haven't been on a burning ship but I was on a ship that sank when I was a kid with my dad and grandfather.  I the Atlantic Ocean a few miles off shore.  Got 1 distress call out then we were all swimming until coastguard got there.

OMG Lifeboat time? not rowboats???

No I haven't been on a burning ship but I was on a ship that sank when I was a kid with my dad and grandfather.  I the Atlantic Ocean a few miles off shore.  Got 1 distress call out then we were all swimming until coastguard got there.

• 4 weeks later...

Another one stranded but at least not at sea

Carnival Dream Generator Malfunction Cuts Cruise Short

stuck in St maartin

The ship suffered from a malfunction to its backup generator yesterday, the cruise line said, during regularly scheduled testing. The cruise linedisputed reports of widespread power outages and overflowing toilets on the Dream. 

But, the company said, "We are making arrangements to fly all guests home via private charter flights and scheduled flights from St. Maarten." It said that passengers on the interrupted sailing "will receive a refund equivalent to three days of the voyage and 50 percent off a future cruise." Guests may remain on board while awaiting flights, Carnival added.

another one will it make it to tampa?

The Carnival Legend is having technical difficulties that are affecting its sailing speed, the travel company told CNN on Thursday.

The Legend is on the last leg of a seven-day Caribbean cruise that departed Tampa on Sunday. Because of the problems, the ship is skipping its last stop in Grand Cayman and will head straight to Tampa, the company said.

Strange that these are all happening to Carnival, which owns several other lines (including Costa).

I've never been on Carnival, and these sort of incidents don't make me inclined to try. :) 

so whats left worth sailing on?

the titanic 2 in 2016

the poseidon? 

Strange that these are all happening to Carnival, which owns several other lines (including Costa).

I've never been on Carnival, and these sort of incidents don't make me inclined to try. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Gosh this ship has a mind of its own for getting into trouble again
lol

Report: Carnival Triumph damaged again in repair yard

"Due to strong winds in Mobile, Ala., Carnival Triumph, which was docked at a Mobile shipyard, broke away from its moorings," the statement says. "The ship drifted and is currently resting against a cargo vessel. Tug boats and the U.S. Coast Guard are on site."

The U.S. Coast Guard tweeted that high winds are likely to blame for the Triumph becoming loose. The National Weather Service reported winds between 35 and 65 mph blowing through the area.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..