Shaving / Trimming

What is it with young straight guys these days? Why does it seem like they more and more shaves down there.

What do you guys think... Do you shave/trim? Do you like better when guys shave/trim?

Not to make the bi/straight ladies on here feel left out... what do you like it better on guys?

what about you French Canadian... what do you like....

:o and how do you know young strait guys are shaving?

I might trim, but I don't think i'd shave....

and I don't mind a guy who does either, or not at all.

I personally don't do either... 

The reason I ask is that, since I had the week off, I went swimming all week long at a time where CEGEP students also go (this is a 2-3 year school we have in Quebec between  the 5 years of high school and uni). Anyhow, I noticed in the locker room that a good percentage, 4 out of the 5 guys I managed to see, were shaven.

I personally don't do either... 

The reason I ask is that, since I had the week off, I went swimming all week long at a time where CEGEP students also go (this is a 2-3 year school we have in Quebec between  the 5 years of high school and uni). Anyhow, I noticed in the locker room that a good percentage, 4 out of the 5 guys I managed to see, were shaven.

wells techncially this is a place where swimming people who do it for the sport... trim... better water dynamics.

wells techncially this is a place where swimming people who do it for the sport... trim... better water dynamics.

Right, and that's what Jason told me,, but the thing is that they weren't "swimmer" they were just guys that took the fun PE class of scuba diving... So the whole,, they shave because it's a swimmer thing is not a perfect answer here ;)

:lmao:  This is a funny topic.  I don't know much about what other guys do, I don't go anywhere that they show that part.  I've heard a few comments before, and so I'm guessing it's a popular thing to do.  My friend Shelley says it makes sex better.  I guess if there's lots of hair there it doesn't feel as good.  I trim it down some myself because it's pretty thick and I feel more comfortable with less hair.  I wouldn't shave it all off though, since I did do that once and when it grew back it itched so much it drove me crazy.  As far as what it looks like, I like my hair.  It makes me feel, I don't know, sexy maybe?  So, I guess for me, it's a lot like getting the hair on my head cut.  It's kind of a practical thing, as well as a "looks" thing. 

I just can't bring myself to ask the stylist to do it, even though I have a suspicion she wouldn't mind.  So, once or twice a month I get a comb and some scissors out and carefully snip away until I have the perfect amount of insulation around my favorite physical attribute.  I'm toying with the idea of some new styles just for that project.  I'm just not sure what I would do.  Maybe cut some eyes in and make a face, or maybe cut a big "D" to monogram my stuff.  I suppose for Valentines I could have made a heart shape.  But, so far, I've only trimmed it to make it more comfortable, and I don't have any creative plans for the near future.

• Like 2

Manscaping is what they like to call it! And what guy - at some point in his life - hasn't had a go at trimming back the bush to see what's hiding under there!

The thing is, for those that want to hack back the foliage, I think it's quite individual when it comes to the amount of trimming or even shaving. Some guys look like utter GODS shaven completely smooth (eeeek did I just confess to looking at naughty pictures of guys online?). So I tried it and looked a total twerp - and it itched like crazy and I got bumps as it grew back. NEVER AGAIN!

So perhaps you have to discover what's right for you, because what might look good on someone else could be complete pants on you. I prefer trimmed and have tried trimming in a few ways. Not sure what looks the best. Maybe I could put up photos, and you could vote?
…… or maybe not!  :blink:

Riley

• Like 5

well riley being 29 i would hope you've looked at naughty pics of guys online....

You are of the computer generation after all :lol:

And yeah Ghost, I understand it makes the skin in that area more sensative, (not like razor burn :P ) and some people like the feeling of their hand going down shaved skin...

Definitely trim. I keep it trimmed down there because if I don't it grows like a forest. My boyfriend appreciates it too. :P I think trimming down or completely shaving it all off is pretty common now. All the guys I've ever been with have been either trimmed or completely shaven down. I've yet to come across one who lets it grow wild and I hope I never do. :P

There is nothing wrong with the 'au naturel' look.  Styles change.  Some folks will always like the wild bear look.  Of course, I like the shaved, trimmed and sculpted look so prevalent today too.   My tastes are very wide ranging.... :*) !

Seriously, this topic has had me giggling and snorting from the title :gikkle:

I prefer some hair on me men. Though I don't mind it if they're shaven either - except that I kind of expect a man to have hairy legs. I mean, come on. You need to draw a natural line somewhere with that damn razor :D

Me personally, I trim. I don't like shaving. Itchy and everything and I don't like the way it looks on me either :/

I've met a few guys that wax everything off :| I don't even want to think about what happens to the loose and delicate parts.

I bet they're all constantly grumpy @_@

btw I've not seen you in chat for a while Symph,

or some others at all...