UK Summer GA Get together.

Yettie One

Well I will not be able to come this time... Manchester is a little to far from France... See you all next time! (COOOL Johnathan! I would love going to the US! XD )

Hey Bleu and M!

• 4 weeks later...

Ok people 

So here it is.

Saturday the 13th July 2013 or Sunday 14th July 2014.  Please let me know which day would be best.

The venue I have selected is called Lammar's Restaurant and Bar. It is situated just off of Cannal Street in Manchester. They have a beer garden, so I think it would be wonderful if it is a warm summers day. I'd suggest meeting there for say 11.30 and plan to eat around 1.30 pm.

For the afternoon, we just lounge in the Beer Garden and have a good time before taking a stroll along Cannal Street in the evening for a few drinks and view some of the sights. 

Aim to end up around 8pm and get those travelling back to the stations, or where ever they need to be.

Manchester is really quite close to me, and I have a number of contacts in the town, so can sort out some sort of shuttle/taxi service for us all to be picked up and taken from A to B if needs be.

Please contact me and let me know directly your requirements and I'll make sure to get it sorted for you.

Anyone else think of anything else we could do or should be preparing?

Please let me know who's game for coming along, and I will let Lammar's know to book us the room. :)

Link to details for the restaurant would be - http://www.manchesterbars.com/lammars.htm

Anything else you need to know, just let me know and I'll get the answer. :P

The Saturday would be better for me.  I know that I can't get that Monday off work, and I really don't fancy getting home at stupid o'clock on Sunday night.

I'll probably stay over on the Saturday (there must be a Premier Inn or similar) and then travel home on the Sunday.

I've done the early morning up to Manchester and late evening home before for a work conference and it's not fun.

Sasha, you could probably do London to New York quicker than you could from your neck of the woods to Manchester :lol:  Hope to see you there :)

Sasha, you could probably do London to New York quicker than you could from your neck of the woods to Manchester :lol:  Hope to see you there :)

I know right? Hopefully i will make it, who knows at this stage.

Okies 

Saturday does sound a lot more fun. I suspect that a Saturday night out on the town along Canal Street ought to be an eye opener too! :P

Anyone else coming then?

Won't get the evening, will have to take what counts as the last train back home. Got permission from my boy to come up though, he doesn't mind me running away for the day, though the horse might!

Trying to arrange trains...i hate public transport.

Count me in.  I'll probably overnight in Manchester though and come back home on the Sunday.  I'd never be able to make the journey home in one piece after a night on the Jack Daniels :lol:

Manchester is great for me 10 minutes on the bus, anywhere else is a no go I cant spend to long away from work which is in Manchester anyways, i could probably do a night of pub crawling and come straight from work also if you needs place to eat im your man ask me and I will give some suggestions. but my place of work is available and we could probably get a discount but not promising.no need to provide accommodation for me im sound got my own place but love to attend in July keep us updated  on dates and times.

Count me in.  I'll probably overnight in Manchester though and come back home on the Sunday.  I'd never be able to make the journey home in one piece after a night on the Jack Daniels :lol:

You don't have to drink Jack Danielse, you can drink water you know ;):lol:

You don't have to drink Jack Danielse, you can drink water you know ;):lol:

Water??  I've heard of that.  Not sure what it is.  Does it taste nice?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

They're obviously still recovering! 

:lol:Yes, I think so too ! I told the sheep to stay away from the whiskey and drink water but obviously he didn't listen to me :gikkle:  :gikkle: 

:lol:Yes, I think so too ! I told the sheep to stay away from the whiskey and drink water but obviously he didn't listen to me :gikkle:  :gikkle: 

Water - isn't that the stuff they mix with the wheat before brewing the ale?  and ferment the corn mash in before distilling the Jack?

• Like 2