[Renee Stevens] Story News: Eternity & Eternal Christmas

I have recently started to look at some of my older stories on GA.  One such story is Eternity.  It was the first story I wrote and at the time I didn't have my current editing/beta team.  I have temporarily unpublished the story so that I can do a basic edit.  When reading through, I found a lot of basic editing issues.  Missing words, extra words that disrupt the flow, etc.  I plan to edit and re-post one chapter a week until the edit is done.  I am not doing a complete rewrite at this time, just the editing.  I will probably go through Eternal Christmas as well, but have unpublished it simply because it is the second story in the series and without the first, the second one won't make a lot of sense.

Amazing what we learn along the way and how we cringe at what we wrote once upon a time before we learned all we learned. 

But the story is strong and that's what matters most.  You can always clean up a strong story - and you know how I felt about Eternity so I'll wait to see the new and improved story. :D

Thanks Andy!  I'd considered doing a complete rewrite, but I don't want to keep it down for as long as that would take.  The scenes won't really change and it will still have the multiple perspectives, but my biggest hope is that it will read smoother than what it currently does.  I guess we'll have to see how that works out!

• 4 weeks later...

I was just looking for Eternity earlier today and presumed it had been taken down prior to publication - which has happened to several stories I had bookmarked.  Google pointed me to this thread when I thought to do a search; glad to find out where the story went and I'm looking forward to the new version becoming available.

I was just looking for Eternity earlier today and presumed it had been taken down prior to publication - which has happened to several stories I had bookmarked.  Google pointed me to this thread when I thought to do a search; glad to find out where the story went and I'm looking forward to the new version becoming available.

Thank you Jox!  I had planned to have the first couple chapters up again by now, but different issues coming up have kept me from being able to get it done.  Don't worry, I am still working on it and it will hopefully be back up very soon!

Okay, with everything going on, I am running into many issues while trying to do the new edits on Eternity.  For the time being, I have republished the story while I work on it as I don't know when the re-edited version will be ready to go live.