Favorite Internet Stars

methodwriter85

Anyone check out Jenna Marbles? She's basically a suburban stoner Boston chick who's exploded on YouTube over the past couple years. Her profanity-laced observations on life, and being a woman in the post-feminist 21st century, are pretty funny satire and on-point. Jenna recently got a write up on the New York Times: The Woman With 1 Billion Clicks.

Here are some of my favorite videos by her:

What a great, funny broad. She's got this brutal honesty to her, juxtaposed against her highly made-up, bleach blonde looks. Beneath the piles of make-up and Forever 21 wardrobe, Jenna's a socially astute observer of the social mores of the twentysomething life- she gets on a soap box, but does it in a way that doesn't feel preachy because of the way she presents herself.

Definitely check out her stuff, if you have the time. I feel like I'm getting an incredible window into the mindset of a young woman in contemporary American society.

You guys have any internet stars you're adoring right now?

Shane Dawson :) Who could forget about the famous Shanaynay haha

I also enjoy PewDiePie's videos, I really like playing all kind of video games and what he's doing is hilarious.

Anyone check out Jenna Marbles? She's basically a suburban stoner Boston chick who's exploded on YouTube over the past couple years. Her profanity-laced observations on life, and being a woman in the post-feminist 21st century, are pretty funny satire and on-point. Jenna recently got a write up on the New York Times: The Woman With 1 Billion Clicks.

Here are some of my favorite videos by her:

What a great, funny broad. She's got this brutal honesty to her, juxtaposed against her highly made-up, bleach blonde looks. Beneath the piles of make-up and Forever 21 wardrobe, Jenna's a socially astute observer of the social mores of the twentysomething life- she gets on a soap box, but does it in a way that doesn't feel preachy because of the way she presents herself.

Definitely check out her stuff, if you have the time. I feel like I'm getting an incredible window into the mindset of a young woman in contemporary American society.

You guys have any internet stars you're adoring right now?

dude i fuckin love jenna marbles!! I think that's the only internet celeb I follow. She's hilarious and she has an excellent sense of what's wrong and what's right about society

Someone who is famous on the internet.

@Thorn: I can't believe i forgot Nerimon! I also enjoy Charlieissocoollike, Kristina Horner, Sam Pepper, and Caspar Lee.

• Like 1

talentless fame scares me...

Me too. Terrifying how many people reach fame who seriously don't deserve it. They're not clever, they're not creative, they just happened to be in the right place at the right time, or get noticed by the right people. Reality TV stars, bimbo bloggers, dull generic pop singers... I'm so bored with the lot of them.

That said, there are a lot of clever, talented and interesting people on the Internet who get famous. Them I like. :)

• Like 1

I like Fred. I enjoyed his content for quite a while. I see nothing wrong with him making it big (did he really make it big? I'm not really sure....) especially since he opened the doors for other Youtubers to get their own fame. Ex: Annoying Orange TV Show.

Calling him talentless is ridiculous. Imo.

Edited by iSimba

That said, there are a lot of clever, talented and interesting people on the Internet who get famous. Them I like. :)

What I like about Jenna Marbles is that she's packaged as a Kelly Bundy-style bimbo in how she dresses...but in actuality she's pretty shrewd and witty, and very good at pointing out the b.s. that goes on in American society.

• Like 1

But not enough of them get famous. Look at 50Shades of bollocks. How many other decent BDSM authors are out there. damn loads, and she, who can't structure a sentence let alone a whole damn novel, gets all the money in the world handed to her.

But not enough of them get famous. Look at 50Shades of bollocks. How many other decent BDSM authors are out there. damn loads, and she, who can't structure a sentence let alone a whole damn novel, gets all the money in the world handed to her.

Calling 50 shades BDSM is an insult to the BDSM community. The kink in that heap of manure is just what the author thinks BDSM is like. Started out as Twilight fanfic. :P But I respect what those novels have done, because they've opened the doors for a lot of people to get into and read decent erotica. My friend works in a book shop and she gets loads of people coming in and asking for recommendations for books like 50 shades, and that I think is a good thing. Means that those good BDSM and other erotica authors get a leg-up riding the shockwaves. (I like mixed metaphors, sue me.)

Also, it means we can have awesome stuff like this:

one-shade-of-grey-tatsuya-ishida.jpg

• Like 2

What I like about Jenna Marbles is that she's packaged as a Kelly Bundy-style bimbo in how she dresses...but in actuality she's pretty shrewd and witty, and very good at pointing out the b.s. that goes on in American society.

Yeah, I watched the one about sports bras, it was awesome!

I love this.

*giggles*

I started out in BDSM actually, which is why my first site was StoriesOnline, even though 95% of content is straight.

I started out in Harry Potter fanfic, myself. :P