EleCivil's Latest: Laika

EleCivil, after completing his much loved story Leaves & Lunatics, has embarked on a new one.

It's called Laika and four chapters are out at Awesomedude and Nifty.

Laika is off to a GREAT start. It is as sweet, funny and gentle as L&L with another cast of fascinating characters.

Link to: Laika

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Chapter 7 was great, EC! :2thumbs:

I really like your sense of humour. It's obvious and subtle at the same time. I don't know how you pull that off. :blink::great:

It seems the chapter's over before I barely get started. Oh well, always leave your audience wanting more. :music:

Never having done the mosh pit thing (nor is that likely to happen :( ), I must admit I enjoyed your description back in chapter 6.

I enjoy Mark's pnone calls. I miss that lad.

The ten-mile death string! :lmao:

Hugs,

Conner :boy:

• 1 month later...

Hey, guys and girls. Hey, EleCivil and James. -- It's Blue, but that was taken, so here, I'm "adblue" and a newbie for now.

Laika is now up to chapter 9, with another out whenever the juggling one gets done with it. I'm waiting impatiently too.

Leaves and Lunatics is also excellent.

Both are available at AwesomeDude. -- This commercial message brought to you by mismatched socks...but we like same-socks relationships too. ;D

Chapter 10 is now up on AwesomeDude ...

http://www.awesomedude.com/stories/Laika/l..._chapter_10.htm

As usual, an excellent job by EleCivil! :worship: Unfortunately (or fortunately for some maybe :P ), EleCivil is working on a chapter of Comicality's "Gone From Daylight" series, so he says that there will be a delay in getting Chapter 11 of "Laika" out ... *sigh*

But I'm sure it'll be worth the wait! :great:

*Hugz*

Buddha

Chapter 10 is now up on AwesomeDude ...

Oh yes! I love this story, and was reading it on Nifty where it's only up to chapter 7

3 More chapters! :2thumbs:

Gotta go!

I have to say that EC's humour is unparalleled in gay fiction. :2thumbs: Even during the "fight" scene between Brandon and Alex, the one liners are flowing from Brandon's brain.

I can't wait for Mark (Brandon's bro) to return for spring break. :lol: More yuks.

I still haven't figured out the title as yet. The closest I've come is an old English word "laik" which means to play. :ph34r:

Hugs,

Conner :boy:

I still haven't figured out the title as yet. The closest I've come is an old English word "laik" which means to play. :ph34r:

I forget which chapter it was in ... maybe five or six ... but "Laika" was the name of the Russian dog who went up in space, and one of the band members said that Brandon kinda looked like him ... I think that's it ... :P

Anyway, now that Alex is out of the picture, I can only hope for something to happen between Brandon and the preacher's son ... I never get tired of stories that involve corrupting preachers' kids ... 0:)

I forget which chapter it was in ... maybe five or six ... but "Laika" was the name of the Russian dog who went up in space, and one of the band members said that Brandon kinda looked like him ... I think that's it ... :P

Yep. I was thinking about how out-of-place and confused the characters seem to be feeling all the time, and thought...what's more out-of-place and confused than a dog in space?

I never get tired of stories that involve corrupting preachers' kids ... 0:)

Heheh. Speaking as a corrupted preacher's kid, I agree.

Anyway, thanks to everybody who's posted. And, hey, I'm in a good mood, so thanks to everybody who hasn't posted, too.

I would love to see EleCivil's stories at GayAuthors.

EleCivil is already hosted at another website (AwesomeDude.com), and while I can't speak for GA, I don't believe the "management" believes in "poaching" authors from other sites, unless the author him/herself approaches the Gay Authors Committee with a request to be hosted.

I've seconded a request in the Story Archive Suggestions category for "Laika" - by EleCivil.

Yes, it's up to EleCivil and the GA management. His stories can be at both sites, or, if he and they wish, only at AD. I'm not asking for "poaching" of an author.

I know his story is at AD. I'm one of the people who saw Leaves and Lunatics at Nifty, and urged Dude to ask EleCivil if it could be hosted at AD.

This is blue, but I had to register as adblue on GA, since three other members have names similar to blue. In the interest of full disclosure, I am no longer at AwesomeDude, but I am still elsewhere and still editing. -- I hope there will be good changes in store for AwesomeDude.

Edited by adblue
Heheh. Speaking as a corrupted preacher's kid, I agree.

Sorry to hear your parent was a corrupted preacher.

(Ducks and runs off, but pauses to say he really is enjoying "Laika," one of the most humourously written stories since James Thurber (another writer from Ohio). And because he pauses, gets hit in the head by something launched from a trebuchet.)

--Rigel

• 1 month later...

So I've been reading Laika faithfully since a tip from JamesSavik, but I just found this topic. I agree with earlier posts, with emphasis on the punchy style and humor. :2thumbs: In Chapter 5, I worried for Brandon, because Laika the dog burned up in space. But now I guess he'll be OK, sort of, maybe.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

(just found this part of the forum)

CH11 rocked! I'm a big fan of EleCivil's stories and Laika is truly amazing in my opinion (and quite obviously the opinion of many others.)

Very excited for the rest. The story is one that makes you smile, contemplate using bits and pieces of the writing in everyday interactions, grip with computer in anticipation or distress, all as you read. :D

I am yet to include 'mandolin' in an everyday conversation