Fun World Maps they never taught you in school

Thorn Wilde

Found this on the intertubes. Thought people might enjoy it. ;)

40 Maps They Didn't Teach You In School

Apparently, the biggest sport in Japan is baseball, England has at some point invaded all but 22 countries on the planet and there are only three countries on Earth that don't officially use the metric system. I was gonna include some of the images in this post, but the site won't let me, so you'll just have to click the link. :P

• Like 5

:great: Cool, and I thought that ice hockey was the number one sport in Sweden but no ! :huh: A few of the maps made me laugh - thanks for sharing..

Ice hockey is the only sport worth watching. All those other guys have no idea what they're talking about! :P

Incidentally, I found myself at an O'Leary's in Stockholm during the Finland vs. Sweden semifinal this year. I rooted for Finland. It was humiliating. My brother gloated mercilessly. He's lived in Stockholm for nearly fifteen years and plays hockey on the weekends...

• Like 1

• Site Administrator

I don't believe a thing :o

I want to put Canadian penises up against American penises any day of the week :D

I don't believe a thing :o

I want to put Canadian penises up against American penises any day of the week :D

Are you saying the map is wrong and you think American penises are bigger, or...?

... i have no idea what you guys are talking about since the link doesnt work for me :facepalm: , i knew about japan and baseball, but the other info was interesting. 

Are you saying the map is wrong and you think American penises are bigger, or...?

thorn, i think he's gloating, he Canadian.

• Site Administrator

... i have no idea what you guys are talking about since the link doesnt work for me :facepalm: , i knew about japan and baseball, but the other info was interesting. 

thorn, i think he's gloating, he Canadian.

I misread this one map :unsure:

Yay to big Canadian penises :D

Boo to Canadians not to be able to read legends of maps :(

• Like 2

I like the map "Every Country England Has Ever Invaded (all but 22 countries in the world)".  It explains a lot about many of the other maps except, notably, "Worldwide Driving Orientation".

• Like 2

I like the map "Every Country England Has Ever Invaded (all but 22 countries in the world)".  It explains a lot about many of the other maps except, notably, "Worldwide Driving Orientation".

Prolly explains the worldwide spread :P of Marmite *ignoring the counterfeit New Zealand version and the Aussie "Vegemite" abomination :lol:*

Worldwide Driving Orientation map is wrong - in India I believe they drive in the gaps :funny: :funny:

Edited by Zombie

- in India I believe they drive in the gaps :funny: :funny:

On the Autostrada in Italy, there may be two lanes clearly marked in each direction, but the natives often drive three or four abreast.  :o

Prolly explains the worldwide spread :P of Marmite *ignoring the counterfeit New Zealand version and the Aussie "Vegemite" abomination :lol:*

Worldwide Driving Orientation map is wrong - in India I believe they drive in the gaps :funny: :funny:

In Turkey, if you have the bigger truck, you get the lane not falling into the sea. fun stuff.

In Turkey, if you have the bigger truck, you get the lane not falling into the sea. fun stuff.

I once went with my best friend Edd to visit her dad in Ireland. He drives this banged up old Landrover that's been to Africa and back a few times, and the roads around where he lives on a farm in the middle of nowhere are really narrow and can really only fit one vehicle at a time, and he drives really fast. In addition, there's no actual backseat, so when I was sitting in the back I just kind of had to hold on for dear life and hope against hope that we didn't meet any on comic traffic while we sped down this narrow forest road at about 70 mph. Made me appreciate being alive. :P

• Like 1