Whoops, I completely forgot that I'd promised myself to post on Mondays. My bad.

As far as I know no one took up the first prompt. But that's okay. :) Maybe someone will later on, some day. So I'll continue forth.

So here we go. Something simple and just considering yesterday was Remembrance Day.

Prompt du jour #2 – Creative
Tag: list of words
Cross, war zone, lighter, torn picture, flashlight

Leave a comment if you try this out :)
~CHEERS~

Andrew

Zeke screamed in sadness when he saw his foxhole partner fall into the trench, blood spurting from the bullet hole in Dan's neck.  He grabbed his flashlight, leaning down and praying that it was his imagination.

The war zone was somewhere that neither of them had ever dreamed of being, but for the last two days, life had torn that picture of life into confetti, almost laughing in their face.  Bear your cross, and man up is what had happened. 

Zeke saw the sky become lighter, meaning the bombing was escalating.  He stayed as low as he could, staying out of the brightness of the searchlight the enemy was scanning the area with.  Looking at Dan's body, Zeke asked for forgiveness before he put his pistol into his mouth, hearing the footsteps of the enemy as they got closer.

Lee McDonald looked at the two soldiers minutes later, knowing that one of them took their life thinking that the enemy was upon them.  He fell to his knees and prayed for their souls.

• Like 3

Very well done... :) You found a different use for lighter than I thought. I was thinking of lighter as in to light a smoke. But very well done. And I thank you for honoring the plight of our veterans. God bless those that have died, lest we forget their sacrifice.

Al shaheed Mohammad alzakivi wasn't accustom to seeing a cross, never in his life had he seen something with such beauty, but as he found a picture on the ground, possibly dropped by American soldiers who’d invaded, he’d grown to love such a symbol of forgiveness. Growing up as a Muslim in a strict family was always something that was hard, it was known by many devotees of the faith that Christianity was that of folk tale, and of blasphemy.

The war in Syria had taken its toll over these many years and while he couldn't understand how his country had become a war zone, he greatly wished a resolution would come about.

Now all that was left was his house blown to bits, a torn picture of his wife, whom he loved dearly, until one day she’d been taken from him by an improvised explosive. Being in the dark was the norm. It was rare that electricity had been in place, so in his own time of need, he would take out an old flash light to look at his wife's picture while using his lighter to have a smoke.

Edited by podiumdavis
  • Like 2