Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

HMS Valiant

You can claim ANYTHING, but none of Mark's millions of fans will concede "best" to the silly RICKY. 

Again, you are inaccurate. ONE has already granted that title to me. ME! And that's all that is important.

Again, you are inaccurate. ONE has already granted that title to me. ME! And that's all that is important.

Once again, you must be talking to yourself.  You are a legion in your own mind, but is about as far as it can. fly.

• Like 1

Once again, you must be talking to yourself.  You are a legion in your own mind, but is about as far as it can. fly.

Ya well my mom could beat YOUR dad's butt with one arm tied behind her back and her mustache tied in a knott! So there.

Ya well my mom could beat YOUR dad's butt with one arm tied behind her back and her mustache tied in a knott! So there.

That just shows how wrong you are.  :funny: My mon has been dead for fifteen years and my dad for over twenty.  Hope you don't expect me to help digging them up.  :rolleyes: ​

My dad has been dead for 42 and my mom for 12, so they can duke it out on the other side. And I'll bet her mustache is longer then your mom's

LOL. my mom was a very tiny woman.  She was tiny but powerful.  I'll give you that your mom might be able to whip mine, but my mom didn't have a mustache.  Therefore you win the mustache debate hands down.

Now boys, play nice or I'll ask the Lead Mare aka Mommy aka Kitt to come over and tell you to behave. :lol:

Hmm, or even better - hollers : Mark, Mark, they're :fight: in your forum. Quick, post a Granger chapter to distract them!

• Like 1

Now boys, play nice or I'll ask the Lead Mare aka Mommy aka Kitt to come over and tell you to behave. :lol:

Hmm, or even better - hollers : Mark, Mark, they're :fight: in your forum. Quick, post a Granger chapter to distract them!

Oh sure, try and get him to post it know just when I have to leave for a 5 hour drive to Chesapeake Bay Md. No,no,no. Mark you can't post it for 5 hours or I'll have to pull over.

UHM! Mark, I leave for a two day show at 7 AM Eastern. I would LOVE to have three hours to listen to this chapter.

OF COURSE I'll wait since I have no choice but it would be REALLY awesome to have a chapter to listen to so I don't cap a bad driver.

Jus' sayin'.

• Like 1

Does it really take 3 hours to listen to one of Mark's chapters? :huh:

I never read them just once. The first read is for pure enjoyment, the second analytical towards the story and the politics. And I never read a new chapter without first reading the last one, just to make sure my mind is in the groove. So listening to three chapters could take that yes.

It would be close, anyways. And I have other shorts to listen to, staples if you will just to keep me occupied for the odd minutes.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got the last one sent off for editing.  Hang in there!

30 days to edit?

OFF with their heads!

Man, I've got writers that are on me 24 hours later with a, "DID YOU GET IT?"

• Like 4

30 days to edit?

OFF with their heads!

Man, I've got writers that are on me 24 hours later with a, "DID YOU GET IT?"

Ricky, I'm afraid that avid and demanding readers like you and I are the reason, Mark is afraid to give us another chapter, because we just demand another.  I wish we could just vote in another chapter, but we all know it doesn't work that way.  If it ever did come to voting, I would vote every chance I got and also contribute to any stuffing the ballot box scheme we could come up with.

Ricky, I'm afraid that avid and demanding readers like you and I are the reason, Mark is afraid to give us another chapter, because we just demand another.  I wish we could just vote in another chapter, but we all know it doesn't work that way.  If it ever did come to voting, I would vote every chance I got and also contribute to any stuffing the ballot box scheme we could come up with.

Maybe we could get tips on stuffing the ballot box from Pillary? Think it would help? I mean she knows how to buy an election. 

I hope the next chapter has something from/about our young prince. He is still a bit of an enigma. Westie, is the prince relevant to UK history that you know of?

Not at all.  He is in this instance a made up character (I think).  Prince Genarro (1 n, 2 r) - our character - has no entry that I can find in any of my usual sources.  That said, Prince Gennaro Bourbon-Two Sicilies (note 2 n, 1 r in the spelling of the first name), can refer to two people.  The first is the eighth child of King Ferdinand (the King we meet in the story).  He dies aged 8 of Smallpox, and for historical reasons would more usually be referred to as Prince Gennaro of Naples and Sicily.  The second is Prince Genarro, son of Prince Alfonso, Count of Caserta - who was a grandchild of our King Ferdinand and died in 1944.

I would suggest he is a composite character that has no place in real history, but has been created to fit in with the overall era. Additionally, I think he was a convenient plot device at the time, but there is little evidence he plays a significant part in the story.  I would suggest that as the junior midshipman, we will see very little interaction between him and the captain - as indeed we rarely do with the other midshipmen.  Regardless, as Chapter 42 saw the ship transfer to Calvert - headed to St Helena - and the only officer to leave was Clifton, I suspect the Prince will be off stage for some time.

• Like 2

Not at all.  He is in this instance a made up character (I think).  Prince Genarro (1 n, 2 r) - our character - has no entry that I can find in any of my usual sources.  That said, Prince Gennaro Bourbon-Two Sicilies (note 2 n, 1 r in the spelling of the first name), can refer to two people.  The first is the eighth child of King Ferdinand (the King we meet in the story).  He dies aged 8 of Smallpox, and for historical reasons would more usually be referred to as Prince Gennaro of Naples and Sicily.  The second is Prince Genarro, son of Prince Alfonso, Count of Caserta - who was a grandchild of our King Ferdinand and died in 1944.

I would suggest he is a composite character that has no place in real history, but has been created to fit in with the overall era. Additionally, I think he was a convenient plot device at the time, but there is little evidence he plays a significant part in the story.  I would suggest that as the junior midshipman, we will see very little interaction between him and the captain - as indeed we rarely do with the other midshipmen.  Regardless, as Chapter 42 saw the ship transfer to Calvert - headed to St Helena - and the only officer to leave was Clifton, I suspect the Prince will be off stage for some time.

Thanks Weatie. Since the prince died t 8 that means he can have an accident later with no effect on history. He hasn't provided anything to the story yet and Mark isn't known for bringing needless characters onboard. So perhaps he is off with Calvert for now, but I'm sure Mark has something planned.

Let's hope anyways. Thanks so much!

Anyone in the know? It was June 9th when Mark said he sent off the chapter for edits. Over a month ago. Now it's getting to the point where I'm concerned whether he is alright or if something happened.

And just so ya get it straight, ya a chapter would be awesome but knowing my friend is well is priceless. And if not, do I need to give him a kidney or something?

Anyone in the know? It was June 9th when Mark said he sent off the chapter for edits. Over a month ago. Now it's getting to the point where I'm concerned whether he is alright or if something happened.

And just so ya get it straight, ya a chapter would be awesome but knowing my friend is well is priceless. And if not, do I need to give him a kidney or something?

I'm sure he's just busy.  I had mail from him as recent as the 27th June.  Going quiet for a few weeks isn't unusual if work gets in the way.  

• Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..