Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

HMS Valiant

Thanks for the info here and the extra info on the CAP Black widow forum.

From the Black Widow Forum : Mark wrote, I'm in relatively good spirits, but I've just had some work issues that have absorbed my writing time and motivation.  New responsibilities, new semester, new challenges, so all good, but that has sort of left me a burnt out shell in the evening.  My mind migrates towards brainless video games or apps, as if it craves something easy and routine to do.

I hope Mark can handle his issues, as private issues and work issues are (unlike in stories) most times difficult to handle.

It seems Mark is in a  situation where Granger could be in.

On a small ship, in rough seas, under attack from stronger enemies and exhausted :fight:

---

Mark, think about yourself and take the time you need :hug:

Well said and Mark we are all hoping everything works out for the best.

I always find that some of the earlier stories still stand up quite well on their own.

I am about to fly out to Montreal (from the UK) and usually make sure I have a couple of the old stories as ebooks for the flight.  

Whenever Mark takes a break, I often find myself reading the old books to get my fix.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Dear Mark

I would love to hear there is /are new chapters coming up like in Black Widow.

Mark, from your last messages on Gay Authors  I realise you are struggling with personal issues.

No I do not want to pry but ,    may I guess probably your situation is a bit like George in this story ?

His and maybe your new situation might be a bit simular.  But maybe that is part of how you write ?

His with the fleet. Yours on your job. No longer independent/in command of his/your own , and being dependent and realising he/you cannot make decissions completely on his/your own anymore.

And suddenly having ranking commanders above him/you who are not all very friendly because of his/your past  ?

---

Again, it makes me feel you are in that type of situation.

If it is, maybe that will help you write new chapters here ?

I also realise it will maybe not help for it feels to bad, to painfull yet.

Mark I hope you will find the energy again to keep writing here.

love, hugs

AndyG

Edited by Northern Dutch Guy

Thanks for your post.  I actually have been working in fits and starts on the next Valiant chapter.  I've got a stream of CAP lines to write, but I'll get back to it.  I promise.

I'm holding you to that!

• Like 1

Thanks for your post.  I actually have been working in fits and starts on the next Valiant chapter.  I've got a stream of CAP lines to write, but I'll get back to it.  I promise. 

Good. I just read / listened to All of hem again and just finished with what there was of Valliant. You've been missed my Lord.

Thanks for the update.  I read and enjoy CAP, but it doesn't get me excited like the Granger stories do.  I may be weird, oh hell, of course I'm weird, but I am really looking forward for the next installment of Valiant.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Mark, you KNOW I love you right?

But if I don't get an HMS fix here soon I just may head for the orchard with a rope.

Hope all is well.

:blink: Nonono, don't do it, ricky! Granger will come to the rescue and sweep you off your feet instead. ;)

:blink: Nonono, don't do it, ricky! Granger will come to the rescue and sweep you off your feet instead. ;)

We if that is what it takes to get Granger to sweep me off my feet, i am going out to find an orchard now! Makes sense, if you want fruit, go to an orchard....

• Like 3

Hmmmm.... Patience men. Like Granger, sometimes we will spend weeks becalmed on an ocean like glass, but eventually the wind will blow... Usually just in time to fight off and escape a bunch of xebecs...

• Like 1

Hmmmm.... Patience men. Like Granger, sometimes we will spend weeks becalmed on an ocean like glass, but eventually the wind will blow... Usually just in time to fight off and escape a bunch of xebecs...

Hell Westie we have been becalmed.  Those slaves could have rowed to England and back a dozen times by now. 

• Like 2

The semester is over, so hopefully I'll be able to pick things up soon.

Mark, that is music to my ears.  I'm sure there are many that would agree that statement is like a symphony to a lot of our ears.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mark! Glad to hear it. I hope all is well with you and yours. 

Cheers,

John

I think a whole lot us are holding our breath hoping to speed it along.  I can't wait to see who cheers the loudest when we see the awaited chapter.

• Like 1

I think a whole lot us are holding our breath hoping to speed it along.  I can't wait to see who cheers the loudest when we see the awaited chapter.

I will of COURSE! I'm his best fan.

• Like 1

RICKY, RICKY, RICKY.  Your so delusional, you are just one of millions.  I, of course, am his biggest fan.

That should be "you're". See! I appreciate the flawlessness of his work as WELL as the story.

(Nose in the air) I am obviously the biggest fan. I am also almost always the first to read after posting and the first to comment.

:fight:

• Like 1

That should be "you're". See! I appreciate the flawlessness of his work as WELL as the story.

(Nose in the air) I am obviously the biggest fan. I am also almost always the first to read after posting and the first to comment.

:fight:

You can claim ANYTHING, but none of Mark's millions of fans will concede "best" to the silly RICKY. 

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..