Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

HMS Valiant

Ooh! Look! Nelson's letter confirming his affair with Lady Hamilton  is up for auction! And the article says that Nelson and Lady Hamilton conceived a child while they were traveling back to England together in 1800.  Did this conception happen on George's ship? Lol!

http://report24uk.info/article/337168/admiral-lord-nelsons-letter-confirming-affair-with-lady-hamilton-to-auction-at-10000

• Like 2

So are these declared itches of yours effect or cause with respect to chapter postings? :huh:  :rolleyes:

I'm just intuitive. I get an itch usually just before a chapter arrives. Usually within a day or two. I post it to track how accurate I am. Let's call it an experiment.

• Like 1

Seeing as there is a bit of a time out and Nelson was mentioned again. I have found a film (sort of) on Nelson from 1926, by British Pathe. I think it predates even our oldest member here on GA (if you are older, WOW, let us know). I think there is a lot missing from reels one and two, but three and four make about an hours worth. Even if it doesn't really turn your crank, I would suggest watching it. You will not see its' like again I'm thinking. Dispite the melting near the finish, the film really does end.

http://www.britishpathe.com/workspaces/show/jhoyle/N0xOG0eb/full

Sandrewn

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mark, and everyone,

I have been ill, but am doing much better.  I hope to be back in the middle of the forums.  Can't wait to get back in the flow of things.

Welcome back brother. It's been way too quiet around here. Glad you are making a comeback. Here's a tip, stay away from doctors and hospitals, they're full of sick people. You might get something.

Meanwhile let's try it again. See if my averages will be driven down. I'm getting the itch again. I was wrong the last time, perhaps I'll be right this time. the next 2-3 days will tell the tale.

• Like 2

I might have a problem with my account. I tried to like your post and got a message I had a problem with my reputation or some such message.

Welcome back brother. It's been way too quiet around here. Glad you are making a comeback. Here's a tip, stay away from doctors and hospitals, they're full of sick people. You might get something.

Meanwhile let's try it again. See if my averages will be driven down. I'm getting the itch again. I was wrong the last time, perhaps I'll be right this time. the next 2-3 days will tell the tale.

• Like 1

I might have a problem with my account. I tried to like your post and got a message I had a problem with my reputation or some such message.

No clues. It let me like you just fine. Maybe it's gotten to know you and has voiced it's opinion. 0.o

:rofl:

• Like 2

I occasionally get error messages when I try to like a post that say there was a problem saving my reputation score, or something to that effect. The "like" usually shows up when you refresh the page. And it looks like yours worked. :)

• Like 2

Puts on his Svengali hat, "Iiiii Prediiiict . ." lol, looking forward to reading the chapter Mark, but wanted to wish you and yours a safe and blessed Thanksgiving holiday tomorrow. And to all my friends here, a happy, healthy and safe holiday season this year.

Hugs to all.

• Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..