What a chapter!!! It's the best yet IMHO.

Well, it's too soon to discuss much, as it's so new, but I will include this one tiny spoiler, mainly to see if I'm doing the spoiler blackout correctly....

The characters don't just sit around watching the grass grow for 20 pages! Lots of things happen!

Hey, I warned you it was a tiny spoiler, didn't I? :lmao:

Wow, great chapter!!!! I loved the part where Brian was talking to 'Dying' Davey, telling him to go back and enjoy & put his heart into the timeline.

But is Davey really going to go back...AGAIN???? (as if there were a doubt).

And why was it that the 'nice' Bush had to die???? :lmao:

Thanks Dan!!! You've been a writing machine lately :2thumbs:

Yep, Puberty, for the third time! I wonder if we will get to hear Davey's thoughts on this? :nuke: :wacko:

4th time !

Somehow, I had no doubt he would go back. But then, I'm such a soft heart. I'm the kind to stop watching Romeo and juliet in the middle just so it appears to have a good ending. >_>;

4th time !

4th time? OK, what did I miss? In DO, he went through puberty once. So far in DOR, he's been through puberty once, and if he goes back now (as it looks like he will) that would be the third time?

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, I just got it... I forgot to count his original life!

:stupid:

So, you are quite right, this will be #4! Yipes, poor Davy!

I have honestly found this series to be one of the best that I have ever read. This saga is touching and deals with so many things found in both reality and in fantasy. That said, I honestly hope that things work out for Davey in the end! I want him to end up with Brian and to have his happily ever after and the world to be a great place and yeah, I just want the happy ending!!!

Thanks DK!

I sorta always had the feeling that DOR was a filler; the 'Two Towers' of the DOR series.

Request-Davey and Brian go on holiday in Australia. Perhaps Melbourne hosts the 1988 olympics or something. :)

It was good to see that there was more election coverage in this timeline, I appreciated that :)

I was confused about this section for DOR 31. It was a conversation between a Russian KGB agent and Davey...

<No, this war has damaged too much of the earth.> He said sadly. <Alexei Shevardnadze himself has come to the war theater. He is in Mexico now, with reserve troops that will come forward to take the base where the machine is located and then he will go back in time once it is captured, but we must ensure the machine does not work. Wait here while I radio command and inform them you are here and alive.>

I'm not sure which way to understand this...Does the KGB NOT want the machine to work BEFORE Alexei Shevardnadze gets to it or does the KGB want to let Shevardnadze use it and then disable it????

Edited by naper_vic

OOh migawd!!

I dunno wha tto say. At first I acepted that DO Redux is not that fun to read like the previous DO. :( After all, I consider DO as the love story between Davey and Brian against the backdrop of high politics.

Now? Wow. When Brian dead I was realllyyy upset. Whew! And they were just starting to get back! :2thumbs: What really took me by surprise is because Davey decided to return. Maaan. I had thought that Davey would not return.

The most memorable scene in this chapter is when Brian told Davey that Davey did not invest his heart in the timeline until after it's too late :great: It all makes sense huh? After all, Davey did not ry to find Brian but went right through the gov't.

Where will you go from here Dan? DO 3 or another chapter?

Also, how could the US caught with a surprise attack? Where are the soldiers and marines? The Navy? How come hundreds of thousands of troops be sent into Mexico without prior knowledge of the US intelligence?

Cheers! :great:

Rad

Rad-if you read carefully, they did have knowledge of the build-up. I think the biggest problem was the fact that actual Mexicans were the soldiers, not just imports. Australia doesn't have a land border, so it's obviously a bit different for us, but if a nation on your own nation's doorstep goes commie, especially a nation with a hundred million people in it, some people are going to want to fight for the cause...even if that's only 10%, that's still ten million people right on the border...some'll slip through.

Also, remember that this is the 80s-the US is less powerful, and the USSR is also very very powerful, and with the whole Shervadnadze thingie, as or more militarily capable and with equal or better intelligence services. Add a dash of it being fiction; a few nukes and chemical weapons, and it's totally understandable-and completely unfortunate-but them's the breaks.

I don't know what to say other than WOW. I started reading Chapter 1 of Do Over this weekend after my boyfriend got tired of me complaining about being bored. I've never been much of a sci-fi fan, but this story is a HUGE exception to that rule. Every moment when I haven't been at work (and even a few while I was at work) I've been reading this story. It is SOOOOO good!

Like Rad, I didn't like DOR as much as DO at first. I am a sucker for a good love story, and that aspect of DOR was lacking a lot at first. But, especially toward the end, as things just got more and more messed up, I just KNEW that he was going to have to go back again. And he has to get Brian back, or else I'll travel back to the 80s myself and kick his ass.

Good job Dan. This story rocks.

Just a quick note for those that e-mailed me already...Chapter 32 of Do Over Redux has been readied for posting, and it's in Myr's e-mail in-box as of this morning (just afternoon his time). He should see it when he gets home after work, which means you have 4-6 hours before the chapter gets posted (unless he's out of town).

I'll post the story-related blog entry after the chapter itself goes up...

Just a quick note for those that e-mailed me already...Chapter 32 of Do Over Redux has been readied for posting, and it's in Myr's e-mail in-box as of this morning (just afternoon his time). He should see it when he gets home after work, which means you have 4-6 hours before the chapter gets posted (unless he's out of town).

I'll post the story-related blog entry after the chapter itself goes up...

Thank you, thank you, thanks you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :great:

Hmmm, so do just relax, sit back, be patient, and do page refreshes ever 10 minutes instead of every 5? Decisions, decisions....

Hmmm, so do just relax, sit back, be patient, and do page refreshes ever 10 minutes instead of every 5? Decisions, decisions....

Save the wear & tear on the refresh button :D

An update won't come out at the earliest late tonight or early Sunday am.