[DomLuka] With Trust - Chapter 3

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi LittleBuddha

I read this as soon as the alert came in.

I'm not sure that I like this story much at all, and I definitely don't like it taking Dom away from DD & VJ2.

It's funny but somehow none of the characters have imprinted themselves on me they way that Rory or Luke or Quinn & Jude have.

Just finished, and I still have no idea who I like. Milo's resisting, but clearly interested. I can't figure out if Nelson/Milo is going to be the main pairing.

I think by the end of the summer, Nelson is going to call Mr. Trust "dad"...wait, wrong story. I'm going through DD withdrawal.

Edited by hi_college_guy
I'm not sure that I like this story much at all, and I definitely don't like it taking Dom away from DD & VJ2.

I love 'With Trust'. I love this perspective where Nels is one of the bad guys :D .

I remember when DD first came out, there was concern from many fans that DD would take away from Dom writing TLW. Then TOU came out and there was more concern.

But fear not. Dom writes where his creative juices take him. If Dom were only writing DD, what happens when those characters don't speak to him? We'd just end up with nothing. Months and months of nothing. :(

Although Dom makes it seem effortless, he doesn't write on demand. I recall him talking about this in the past. He can't just say "I'll write about Dessert Dropping today, I'm finally hooking Luke up with Rory where he belongs." Sometimes the boys in AZ don't speak to him and he is unable to write about DD. I'm just glad that Dom has other tales to tell us.

Anywho...I did like this chapter a lot. I think Nels is only able to persistently pursue Milo because he has the luxury of knowing about the naked picture of himself in Milo's room. Milo's defenses are slllllooooooooowwwwwwwwwlllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyy starting to wear down. It's that same annoying oh so good kinda slow that Dom has mastered. The bastard :P .

Just kidding, Vic luvs Dom!! :wub:

IN DOM WITH TRUST!!!!!

Vic the MNITE

Edited by naper_vic

I too like this story. It isn't DD, but then nothing is. Nels is sort of the 'bad boy' type and that adds to the flavour of the story. Sometimes, these types are a little of what we all want to be...

Any way Dom, for whatever it means(probably nothing) I like it.

The firsrt thing I want to say is that I love this story.....I mean, I understand that it's going to take some getting used to, but c'mon people...this is Dom Luka. He's a master of all things great, and this story is no exception. If you've read it and don't like it, maybe you should wait untill DD is finished and start over.....maybe you're distracted or something by the whole Rory/Seth, Luke/Grandma Alice thing

I've noticed that Dom's sense of humor has been a lot more pronounced in this story, and I've found myself cracking up a lot more during WT than any of the other stories.

Another thing is that the plotline is so unique, it's not contrived like so many stories out there, just rehashing basically the same story, except with new characters and a new setting. It's totally unique and creative.

Even though fiction is fiction, every work reflects something of the author, so in a sense there is no way for an author to write a story that has nothing autobiographical in it. It would be interesting to try and analyze the story from the angle. Something gives me the feeling that WT, in terms of the characters, may be particularly close to Dom in some way.

Although I'm sure he's not Assface ... at least I hope not ... hehe

:D

I really, really like this story. If I had to find one thing I don't like about it, it's the name "Nelson", but everything else is great. I especially like the characters of Milo and Nelson. At this point, I'd rather have a WT update than a DD update. :2thumbs:

*waits eagerly for CH. 4* :ph34r:

0:) Nah, I think Dom is more like Nels. I don't know about Dom, but with Nels and the double piercings, and a little, not quite good, but not real bad, just makes me think that is how Dom is. From his blogs, I think there is devilish side to Dom...
I really, really like this story. If I had to find one thing I don't like about it, it's the name "Nelson", but everything else is great. I especially like the characters of Milo and Nelson. At this point, I'd rather have a WT update than a DD update. :2thumbs:

*waits eagerly for CH. 4* :ph34r:

I agree with all the above except for the not liking 'Nelson' bit. Nelson is a wicked name.

The story's seems fast paced, the locations are captivating, and the characters really well drawn (as always).

Nuff said.

More please... And DD too!

This is the first time I've ever begun one of Dom's stories without being able to read many chapters. I think DD was at about Chapter 15 when I showed up, and TOU was well underway.

So, with WT, my impression was different. I like it a lot, though what I don't like is now being hooked on another serial! :D

On a less pleasant note, I do wish people would stop complaining that Dom is writing this instead of finishing up DD. For many writers, they write as the muse strikes them, not on demand. And, speaking of demands, as far as I know Dom is not being paid for this, so no one should be complaining about what they get. :chris:

I don't really get why some people don't like Nelson ... so he's an occasional trouble-maker with his friends, but nothing serious ... and all teenagers should get into a little trouble ... that's what teenagers do (except for the geeks).

I like the name "Nelson," by the way. I'm not to keen on "Milo" though.

I'm also wondering if there could end up being a little more tension between Caleb and Milo because of a little secret crush that Caleb has on Nelson?

And I'm not a violent person ... I'm a Buddhist and all ... but I really think Nelson needs to let Caleb beat the crap out of Assface ... I can't think of any character in any of Dom's stories that I hate more than Assface (except for Owen's and Dennis' parents). Anyway, Assface needs to go down ... taken downtown to Chinatown ... :2thumbs:

I don't know, I've read all of Dom's other stories and I loved them all dearly. However, this story captivated me in a different light. I really really enjoy it so far, and I think the charecters are well developed. I like how at the beginning of the first chapter he develops and defines Nelson's family and personality. It's really awesome. I am totally hooked and can't wait for some updates on it! :read::2thumbs:

Firstly... I LOVE <3 WT!!! I love the way that Dom has set everything up, and the way that Nelson has the upper hand on Milo, by knowing about the naked painting of him.

I do have to say though that i get a feeling that Caleb might just have a little more than just friendly feelings for Nels. Caleb has to be my favorite character in this story. He seems that he cares for Nelson in a way that no one else does and i think that is really sweet.

I am still trying to decide if i want Milo and Nelson to hook up though, because i don't know if i really like Milo that much. I think him and assface would be a great couple... that is if they are not already a "secret" couple. Because there is never hardly one with out the other. Just thinka bout it... Milo takes up for assface all the time anyway.

I can't think of any character in any of Dom's stories that I hate more than Assface

I agree with LittleBuddaTW, on this matter. I really hate assface he is up there with Aaron. They are both pricks.

But I think i shall run away and start the CNITE group... Caleb & Nelson In The End!!!!

I REALLY LOVE THIS STORY DOM!!!!

later ~ nick :read:

AHHH!!! I'M HOOKED!!!

ofcourse I can't say this is my favorite story by dom yet (only three chapters), but I REALLY REALLY like it! A lot of times when I read, I read for mood. I think dom has made a significant jump from writing about content and emotion, to writing about content, emotion, and overall mood/atmosphere of the story!! its great. I agree with all of you about the humor. Its great. Its just plain great ok?

I love how Nelson is a bad boy. (I guess I can finally relate more closely to a story) haha, but mostly because thats more realistic from a teenagers point of view, AND it adds a certain mood to the story. This story is so unique. I love the point of view. I love the characters. I love the setting especially. Its all just great.

One think I don't like about the story is..... the name Jame. I'm not a big fan of it. Actually I end up saying Jamie in my head anyway so it all works out. But I really like how the only bad things we can find in the story are the names. Thats a HUGE compliment dom. And even with the dislike of the names, I think they all still fit really well with the characters. I don't like the name Jame, and I don't like Jame.

I had a lot of things I wanted to say but I can't remember them all. So maybe I'll add more later.

A couple of people have said that they don't know if they want Milo and Nelson together... I couldn't disagree more. I like how Milo tries to pretend that he can't stand Nelson when Nelson knows that it's all a front. I can't wait to see how they will get together, and how they'll be like when they get together. I mean, I can relate to Milo and why he tries to push Nelson away. Just because he does push him away doesn't mean he's a bad guy.

I agree with the poster that said it's the mood that is so captivating about this story. I even like the "bad" characters in this story. :lol:

But I really like how the only bad things we can find in the story are the names. Thats a HUGE compliment dom.

:2thumbs: