[DomLuka] With Trust - Chapter 3

I think Dom's description of the surroundings/environment is much better than in DD ... I get a much clearer picture in my mind of the settings in the story, such as Hangman's Cove, inside Milo's house, etc. In this regard, I think Dom has improved a lot over not only DD, but TOU and TLW.

I tend to think that the "uncommon" names that Dom chooses for many of the characters tends to distract from the narrative, but that's just my personal perspective as a reader. It's obviously Dom's personal style, part of what makes him unique as an author, and obviously his prerogative to do so.

With that said, I don't think I'd ever heard the name "Rory" before until it appeared in DD, but now it's got to be one of my favorite names for a guy. :P

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'm not a violent person ... I'm a Buddhist and all ... but I really think Nelson needs to let Caleb beat the crap out of Assface ... I can't think of any character in any of Dom's stories that I hate more than Assface (except for Owen's and Dennis' parents). Anyway, Assface needs to go down ... taken downtown to Chinatown ... :2thumbs:

I'm completely of the opposite viewpoint. Caleb, from what we know, is an unprovoked jerk to Assface(I can't remember his real name). There is no reason for him being a jerk, but Nelson plays along. The popular kids make his life a living hell, and then his biggest enemy's best friend, who also tortures him, seems to be trying to take his only friend away. Caleb is an asshole, and when Assface gets defensive, we shouldn't take Calebs side. Nelsons friends are the popular bullies, reckless drunks, and all around jerks.

Edited by hi_college_guy
I can't think of any character in any of Dom's stories that I hate more than Assface (except for Owen's and Dennis' parents). Anyway, Assface needs to go down ... taken downtown to Chinatown ... :2thumbs:
Assface I can tolerate to an extent. Atleast he's not someone like Queen Bitch from TLW, Janie. She's my most hated character from all of Dom's stories. As for Aaron, I really did not hate him. Before all you Aaron haters replace the scarecrow in Hangman's Cove with me, let me say that I just did not like him. Believe me, there is a difference in not liking and hating. At least I felt some sympathy for him in parts of DD, but I just hated Janie all the way through TLW. Aaron is someone that MAY be worth feeling sorry for. As for Janie, she could get raped and I could care less. I know that's a little harsh, but remember karma's a bitch. If that really did happen to her, then she deserves it by the way she was treating people who just wanted to be left alone.(Owen and Aiden) I wouldn't feel anything sympathy for her considering the fact that she is harboring immense hatred for the wrong reasons. Just like how I would not feel any kind of sympathy for homophobic people who prey on gay people for no apparent reason. Isn't that what she became in the end?
I'm completely of the opposite viewpoint. Caleb, from what we know, is an unprovoked jerk to Assface(I can't remember his real name). There is no reason for him being a jerk, but Nelson plays along. The popular kids make his life a living hell, and then his biggest enemy's best friend, who also tortures him, seems to be trying to take his only friend away. Caleb is an asshole, and when Assface gets defensive, we shouldn't take Calebs side. Nelsons friends are the popular bullies, reckless drunks, and all around jerks.

This is SO my thought as well. What is Calebs problem? He really doesn't get it.

I've been noticing that there are a lot of references to Caleb being Nelsons "best friend". Not so strange you would think, but I think it is. On at least two accounts, I remember thinking "Wasn't that a funny way to put it" when Dom used the words best friend. Is there a reason for this, you think, or am I just imagining things?

I get the impression that Caleb and Jame provoke each other. I also doubt that Jame is completely without friends, if he hangs out with Milo Trust, who is most likely just as popular as Nels and Caleb. Jame comes off as a jerk to me. If Jame is loyal to Milo, then Caleb is just as loyal to Nelson.

I get the impression that Caleb and Jame provoke each other. I also doubt that Jame is completely without friends, if he hangs out with Milo Trust, who is most likely just as popular as Nels and Caleb. Jame comes off as a jerk to me. If Jame is loyal to Milo, then Caleb is just as loyal to Nelson.

It doesn't seem to me that Milo's the kind of guy who has a lot of friends. He seems way too wary and distrustful of people who may only like him for his last name.

I think both Milo and Jame are gay, and Milo likes Jame as a friend, but Jame wants more. Jame had an experience of some kind that is related to him being gay with Caleb, which is why Caleb makes his life a living hell. His liking Milo is why he's so defensive about anyone else talking to Milo.

Edited by hi_college_guy

Some thoughts...

I also doubt that Jame is completely without friends, if he hangs out with Milo Trust, who is most likely just as popular as Nels and Caleb.

Except that Milo doesn't go to their school, so the popularity bar doesn't really apply. And quite honestly, justified or not, Jame is a jerk to keep up the tension between himself and Nelson. If Nelson had said something first, ever, Jame might be more likeable, but as it is, he's just a Sh**-disturber who can't keep his mouth shut. Yeah, I realize this spat has been going on for quite sometime, and that Nelson is just as much an idiot for keeping up the agruement once it starts too. I've wanted to smack both of them. I keep hoping one will say "Chill out, I don't feel like fighting today," but I'm not going to be holding my breath for that.

Just form these chapters, my mind is turning trying to guess what will happen. I want to see what happens when Nelson comes out to his friends. Caleb, by his remarks towards the end of the chapter, I'm guessing already knows Nelson is gay and is waiting for him to tell him. Haley will flip, but that's her lot in life. Joe I'm REALLY curious about, because there is so little to work with as far as how he relates to Nelson and the others. I can him either turning his back on Nelson, or trying to sleep with him (though I dont see the second one as terribly likely). I hope he just doesn't say "ok, whatever," because that is not something a wild guy character needs to say.

I also wonder if Jame is gay. That would explain a lot of his animosity towards Nelson in particular (frustrated attraction, since apparently everyone wants Nelson's nuts), and against the popular set in general, as well as how Milo and he met and why they hang out.

Edit: I also wondered about the possiblities hi_college_guy just raised.

Edited by B1ue
And what's the deal with Juanita? If she's not the housekeeper, than who is she, and what did Milo mean when he said she's "family"? (Somehow, I didn't think he meant she's a Lesbian. ;) ) Hmmmm ...

I have a friend who has someone living in their house that is not really related to them. She takes care of the kids, cooks, and cleans, but my friend is adamant about not calling her a housekeeper/nanny. Having known her for 6 years, I would tend to agree. She's lived with them since before my friend was born and played an integral role in raising the kids. She's pretty much part of the family. I know her a lot better than my friend's parents. I saw the same kind of distance between Milo and his dad that my friend shows her parents.

Other than that, WT is really starting to get better for me. As people mentioned above, Dom's created an excellent sense of atmosphere in it. It really made me long for summer and just hanging out with friends. Also, I like how Nels is relatively more forward than the other protags. He seems to have fewer internal conflicts. I can't wait to see Milo open up.

I'm wondering if Assface is based on a real-life person ... something gives me that impression ...

But I still stand by my conviction that Assface is an ass ... and should be taken out ... 'nuff said. :P

Also, I think Dom needs to write "BoyNeedsTherapy" into WT, and let him get together with Caleb ... or Luke in DD ... one of the two would be fine ... hehe :ranger:

Vic the MNITE

But I think i shall run away and start the CNITE group... Caleb & Nelson In The End!!!!

Well, you can definitely find me in the MNITE camp.

Oh great - Just what I need. Several months more of acronymic hell. :nuke:

Sharon

Also, I think Dom needs to write "BoyNeedsTherapy" into WT, and let him get together with Caleb ... or Luke in DD ... one of the two would be fine ... hehe :ranger:

:thumbdown: :2hands:

Oh great, another one with a thing for Ben.

I'm not sure Seb would be too thrilled with Luke or Caleb. :angry:

Edited by naper_vic
:thumbdown: :2hands:

Oh great, another one with thing for Ben.

I'm not sure Seb would be too thrilled with Luke or Caleb. :angry:

Then I'll just have to write him into one of my stories ... hehe :D

I'll be sure to make it reeeaaaaallllly graphic just for you, Vic! 0:)

Maybe something like a certain cute English boy gets kidnapped and sold to a rich Taiwanese businessman as a "house boy," but is then rescued by a daring, heroic, and handsome foreign translator who works for the Taiwanese Ministry of Education. The cute English boy then falls in love with the handsome translator, they win the lottery so they never have to work, and spend the rest of their days happily in bed together ... how's that? :wub:

David

Maybe something like a certain cute English boy gets kidnapped and sold to a rich Taiwanese businessman as a "house boy," but is then rescued by a daring, heroic, and handsome foreign translator who works for the Taiwanese Ministry of Education. The cute English boy then falls in love with the handsome translator, they win the lottery so they never have to work, and spend the rest of their days happily in bed together ... how's that? :wub:

David

With funding from our good friend Milo at the Thompson Trust, a joint force of LRITEs, SRITEs, & LGAITEs plan a daring rescue of BoyNeedsTherapy(BBB) from the evil influences of the Foreign Translator.

Sneaking into the compound around midnight, the joint force make their way through the Foreign Translator

Edited by naper_vic
I have a friend who has someone living in their house that is not really related to them. She takes care of the kids, cooks, and cleans, but my friend is adamant about not calling her a housekeeper/nanny. Having known her for 6 years, I would tend to agree. She's lived with them since before my friend was born and played an integral role in raising the kids. She's pretty much part of the family...

Yeah. And Trust senior is probably hung up on his generation's political correctness. Hence his "snotty" response to Nelson's mistake. Is Milo also hung up on this? Probably not. His sharp response is part of his i-can't-stand-you schtick.

Yeah. And Trust senior is probably hung up on his generation's political correctness. Hence his "snotty" response to Nelson's mistake. Is Milo also hung up on this? Probably not. His sharp response is part of his i-can't-stand-you schtick.

This is silly, but I think it would be so cute if Juanita was Milo's nanny! :P

This is silly, but I think it would be so cute if Juanita was Milo's nanny! :P

Heh, if you get your wish, then I think we may have found a sloppy plot device: a nanny who therefore has been with the family since Milo was little but still speaks no English. :blink:

Heh, if you get your wish, then I think we may have found a sloppy plot device: a nanny who therefore has been with the family since Milo was little but still speaks no English. :blink:

Thus explaining Milo's fluency in Spanish :P

So I finally read this chapter :)

First off since everyone seems to be talking so much about names:

Nelson=ok

"Nels"=love it

Milo=love it

"Tommy"=love it, but Milo's cuter and seems to fit better.

Caleb = ho hum

Joe = I can stand it, I like "Joseph" better though, and love "Joey"

Haily = ok

Chad = ok

Leanna = ok

Jame = not wild about it

Rory = my all time least favorite Dom name.

I'm also wondering if there could end up being a little more tension between Caleb and Milo because of a little secret crush that Caleb has on Nelson?
I do have to say though that i get a feeling that Caleb might just have a little more than just friendly feelings for Nels. Caleb has to be my favorite character in this story. He seems that he cares for Nelson in a way that no one else does and i think that is really sweet.

I seem to be able to relate to this clique better than any of the previous ones in Dom's stories (even though we never got in trouble with the law). Frankly it isn't really that odd (IMO) for there to be a strong degree of protective feelings among the various members of a friendship group. And the whole idea that Caleb somehow longs for Nelson just seems silly to me. On the other hand I thought it (almost) equally silly to think that Luke might be in love with Dave...so what do I know?

Anyway Caleb himself is growing on me more and more each chapter; the first chapter I couldn't stand him. Now he seems like an ok sorta dude.

And I'm not a violent person ... I'm a Buddhist and all ... but I really think Nelson needs to let Caleb beat the crap out of Assface ... I can't think of any character in any of Dom's stories that I hate more than Assface (except for Owen's and Dennis' parents). Anyway, Assface needs to go down ... taken downtown to Chinatown ... :2thumbs:
I agree with LittleBuddaTW, on this matter. I really hate assface he is up there with Aaron. They are both pricks.

I really don't understand this either. What did Jame do that's so awful? We barely know anything about him, and Caleb and Nels would certainly seem just as bad or worse if the story were told from his or Milo's perspective.

I agree that it's unfortunate that he interrupted Milo and Nels in the last chapter, but Caleb and Hailey were about to do that anyway, and undoubtedly would have addressed Milo in a similar manner.

And what's the deal with Juanita? If she's not the housekeeper, than who is she, and what did Milo mean when he said she's "family"? (Somehow, I didn't think he meant she's a Lesbian. ;) )

:lmao::lol::lmao:

I couldn't agree more Matt!

...Atleast he's not someone like Queen Bitch from TLW, Janie. She's my most hated character from all of Dom's stories. ... As for Janie, she could get raped and I could care less. I know that's a little harsh, but remember karma's a bitch. If that really did happen to her, then she deserves it by the way she was treating people who just wanted to be left alone.(Owen and Aiden) I wouldn't feel anything sympathy for her considering the fact that she is harboring immense hatred for the wrong reasons. Just like how I would not feel any kind of sympathy for homophobic people who prey on gay people for no apparent reason. Isn't that what she became in the end?

I agree with for the most part. Janie is my all time least favourite character too. However, in her defense she was in love with Aiden, it's never easy to be spurned. She was also extremely homophobic and had quite a few issues with the whole thing. So I'm sure the fact that Aiden was in love with another guy made it that much harder on her. I'm not really trying to defend her exactly. I'm just saying that like many homophobic people she simply didn't "get it" and felt justified in her behaviour. She's really no different that any sort of "fundamentalist", and while these people really annoy me, and I can't stand it when people aren't willing to reconsider/examin/question what they supposedly "know", it should still be bourn in mind that she's opperating on a completely different (and to us mostly incomprehensible) level. I'm not saying this excuses her behaviour (I mean of course she should have re-evaluated her values as did her brother Adam), but it does explain it a bit.

Just form these chapters, my mind is turning trying to guess what will happen. I want to see what happens when Nelson comes out to his friends. Caleb, by his remarks towards the end of the chapter, I'm guessing already knows Nelson is gay and is waiting for him to tell him. Haley will flip, but that's her lot in life. Joe I'm REALLY curious about, because there is so little to work with as far as how he relates to Nelson and the others. I can him either turning his back on Nelson, or trying to sleep with him (though I dont see the second one as terribly likely). I hope he just doesn't say "ok, whatever," because that is not something a wild guy character needs to say.

Hmm I stand by my initial predictions about what was going to happen with regards to this:

-Caleb freaks out when he finds out Nelson is gay, and much of the storyline is about them working it out.

-Joe takes it well, and shows some of that fierce loyalty to his friends that was hinted at.

-Haily initially freaks out. Jame, who is of course already ok with Milo, helps her sort out her feelings. I'm guessing that during the course of this that's when their relationship develops.

-Look for Caleb to be serious trouble, and feel extremely isolated from his friends when all the above things occur (bestfriend being gay, Haily (who I get the impression is basically like a sister to him), dating his rival, and Joe mostly being ok with these things).

Also I think that the reason so much is being made about Caleb and Nels' friendship now (constantly mentioning that they're bestfriends etc.) is for later dramatic effect when Caleb freaks out...I could be wrong I've been getting a better vibe from Caleb in the last chapter, but I still think he's going to be the one to freak out.

I also wonder if Jame is gay. That would explain a lot of his animosity towards Nelson in particular (frustrated attraction, since apparently everyone wants Nelson's nuts), and against the popular set in general, as well as how Milo and he met and why they hang out.

It's possible, I suppose, that Jame is gay, but I still think he and Haily will ultimately be a couple.

As for everyone wanting Nels, well I must say he sounds rather hot to me! From reading their descriptions etc. I never got the impression that Rory or Quinn (especially Rory) were that hot. Owen I thought sounded hot. But Nels definitely sounds hot! It's quite nice reading another Dom story in which I think the protagonist sounds attractive. And since Milo also sounds pretty sexy (unlike Aiden who didn't sound like my type --don't get me wrong I thought he was great, just not my "type"); I could be in for quite a treat :2thumbs:

Anyway sorry I went so long with this post, but then I always do when it takes me this long to read a chapter and everyone else has already commented on it...lol just pretend this is 3 or 4 smaller posts :P

All the best and take care all,

Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace
(unlike Aiden who didn't sound like my type --don't get me wrong I thought he was great, just not my "type")

I got the same feeling.. maybe it's the long hair/pony tail that through me off. I completely agree though, Rory and Quinn didn't sound very hot.. I think the character I pictured to be the hottest was either Jude or Aaron, lol.

I always thought Quinn sounded hot. But maybe that's because Jude thought Quinn was hot, and if Jude thought so, it must be so. :P I keep thinking that those of you who think Luke, Owen, and Jude are all hot must have a thing for blonds.

Nels and Milo both sound great to me. Caleb, too.

I always thought Quinn sounded hot. But maybe that's because Jude thought Quinn was hot, and if Jude thought so, it must be so. :P I keep thinking that those of you who think Luke, Owen, and Jude are all hot must have a thing for blonds.

LOL I definitely have a thing for blondes! Redheads too but not as much. Not that I don't find dark haired people attractive too mind you, but blondes... :wub:

The firsrt thing I want to say is that I love this story.....I mean, I understand that it's going to take some getting used to, but c'mon people...this is Dom Luka. He's a master of all things great, and this story is no exception. If you've read it and don't like it, maybe you should wait untill DD is finished and start over.....maybe you're distracted or something by the whole Rory/Seth, Luke/Grandma Alice thing

Do you ever make a post ANYWHERE that DOESN'T mention your whole LGAITE fantasy? Seriously...

Oh great - Just what I need. Several months more of acronymic hell. :nuke:

Sharon

My thoughts exactly. <_<

How about this one: NMAITE. No More Acronyms In The End. Hey, we can hope.

Edited by TheJuggler

I just read it and I don't think I've read anything in Dom's, or in anyone's stories that has resonated quite so much as this paragraph.

"I guess in all honesty, I wanted what my friends could have. Last year, Haily had two boyfriends. Neither of them had lasted beyond a week, but she

Doms fault for making all the blond guys the hottest