me-watermelon_zps918eb99c.jpeg

I am enjoying it so far!

In July I'm going on vacation all the way to... Crater Lake National Park! (Yes, I R a geeky cat)

crater-lake_zps73935005.jpg

What are you doing this summer!? :)

Edited by jamessavik

Avoiding any and all aspects of nature, and luxuriating in my air conditioned apartment. I will occasionally take a walk along the beach, but that's as far from civilization as I plan to travel.

• Like 1

Avoiding any and all aspects of nature, and luxuriating in my air conditioned apartment. I will occasionally take a walk along the beach, but that's as far from civilization as I plan to travel.

Hopefully, your apartment has a view of the beach too!

Hopefully, your apartment has a view of the beach too!

Sadly no. Through a quirk in how buildings were laid out, I have a view straight down an intersecting alleyway.

However, I live only about 6 blocks from the shoreline, so I'm not complaining in the slightest.

• Site Administrator

I don't have much planned for the summer, just an odd weekend or two. I'm hoping to take a trip to NYC and Long Island this fall to visit some friends. 

************SNIP*********

In July I'm going on vacation all the way to... Crater Lake National Park! (Yes, I R a geeky cat)

crater-lake_zps73935005.jpg

What are you doing this summer!? :)

For those that like the wilderness, Oregon has some beautiful places.

I have lived about 250 miles from there for the last 26 years, yet I have never been there. The beaches are much closer. About 2 hours difference in driving time. 

Sadly, I already took my main vacation.  But I had a blast at the beach - the Atlantic was awesome!  I'll probably take a long weekend or two though - hit Chicago and go to Shedd's or something.

A week by the lake, some hiking, walks along the river with the dogs and renovating the damn kitchen and hall. Oh yes and watching football (soccer) world championship.

• Like 2

Long, long-awaited 6 weeks in Europe. Then ferrying kids about to grandparents in August. Then my little brother's wedding. It'll probably be one of the most eventful summers we've had as adults. I've promised camping, but that's unlikely to happen till September now.

• Site Administrator

Long, long-awaited 6 weeks in Europe. Then ferrying kids about to grandparents in August. Then my little brother's wedding. It'll probably be one of the most eventful summers we've had as adults. I've promised camping, but that's unlikely to happen till September now.

Nice!  I am insanely jealous of the 6 weeks in Europe.  That is my dream trip.  I'm hoping to make it to England in the next couple years.  I'll probably never want to leave. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...