i can't believe i caught it first. lucky me. :2thumbs:

this was such a good chapter. i sooo can't wait for the next chapter now. here i am, up at 5 in the morning to read a dk story when i should be writing a 10-page essay. oh well. :P

Edited by Philistine

Yay! Davey meets Brian!!! And he meets Reagan.

Regarding Davey's headaches, didn't that happen to Sean in one of the past timelines? Does anyone remember where that was in the story? I want to read what the impact of the headaches was (or how it was explained.

Vic

Regarding Davey's headaches, didn't that happen to Sean in one of the past timelines? Does anyone remember where that was in the story? I want to read what the impact of the headaches was (or how it was explained.

Vic

That bugged me too so I searched (thx Firefox and ctrl+F. ^^)

Coma and then loss of the memories of the previous timeline.

Do over ch40 :

Before going into the coma, the memories had started fading and it was believed that the coma was his body's attempt to rid themselves of the 'invasive' memories. Unlike me, there'd not been enough of the drug to make the transfer permanent.

But, Redux ch 19 :

Later, he came back in time and saved my life during the Third World War. We were good friends after that even though he

I might want to hire Kitee as my official researcher...I so hate when I have to go back into past chapters and find out what I wrote because I can't remember it...although Robert does a decent job keeping me ironed out on Sandy vs Susan (it's Susan, right?)

interesting chapter... though... the ending was a bit... upsetting

Yeah, but you have to realize that the end is near, and some drastic changes could be possibly about to happen

It would appear that our hero is about to fall to either something to do with old age(mentally speaking of course) or the nuked and flubbed DO. I'm glad he is trusting papa with what needs to be done if he cannot take care of it.

Ok on a different part...

I think davey could take care of it with people he has met already, but if he is smart, he will take some of his earned cash, and not involve the government at all unless absolutely necessary. There are ways to "take care of business" without democrats and republicans getting involved. For instance, The mafia asks no questions--they just take the money and do it. Same results with bikers, But a slight explanation may be needed on that route. I vote for hit-men to take care of business now so davey can complete his mission(s) and finally get to RIP. I hope he can be happy with brian by the end, But I wont specualte on that--even if Dan has written the last chapter already, until its posted, I'm not cursing what I want to happen by saying it out loud.

Excellent torturous, gut wrenching, evil cliffhanger Dan!! :worship: Almost reminds me of a Dom cliffer.

Excellent torturous, gut wrenching, evil cliffhanger Dan!! :worship: Almost reminds me of a Dom cliffer.

yeah, but i don't think it's quite the being stabbed in the back, twisting the knife to-and-fro as dom's tend to feel. :boy:

Vic

Well, yes, I remember... And I suppose you want me to tell you? 0:):D

OK, I did a quick check to confirm my memory, and the key chapters are 38 & 40 (right at the end in 40) in DO, and 19 & 22 in DOR.

Chapter 38 in DO is the key, but, BEWARE! The first time I read DO, I didn't realize that the big blank spaces were not the end of the chapter! It confused the heck out of me because I missed the whole part about Sean. Keep scrolling down, and there are two big blank areas. Read everything after the first one, but read after the second one, too.

As for 19&22 in DOR, it's not as critical, but explains a bit more about Sean, and shows that eventually Sean regained his memories somewhat.

HOWEVER, I don't recall (nor does a text search show) any mention of "headache" or "headaches"

in those chapters. Just that Sean's Do Over had problems, and at first he had memory trouble.

Yet, in Ch 36 of DOR , it says

Time was growing short, I knew. These headaches weren

Edited by C James
yeah, but i don't think it's quite the being stabbed in the back, twisting the knife to-and-fro as dom's tend to feel. :boy:

I don't know about that... What if the next chapter is Davey's funeral?

Does Davey survive the fall?

Remember, this is written by the same dkstories who has killed off Brian, TWICE! :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:

BTW, great chapter, Dan! And now we know why the blog entry predicted screams coming from Florida (Emoe). :devil:

Remember, this is written by the same dkstories who has killed off Brian, TWICE!

Three times actually if you count being obliterated by nuclear war before Sean goes back in DO...

I'm pretty sure Dan hasn't killed Davey...but he did mention that the house was renovated to accomodate Aunt Bev's wheelchair. That's the kind of hint he likes to drop when he's doing something really evil...

Edited by Trebs

Ok,

what about this, (oh and Trebs, THANKS FOR PUTTING THAT UGLY POSSIBILITY IN MY HEAD), IF this davey does revert back to his youger selfs memories, would;nt his 2nd timeline self just overwrite him, whenhe comes back in a few years???

JJJ

Holy Heart Failure, Batman ! Yeah, who's really the evil one for putting such idea in our head now ?

Even if he loses his memories, I don't think he'll be re-writen, he must have some sort of brain-tag. But I guess that's something he could have take care of with his letters. Same goes for Sean who will come back from the second timeline in his 14 years old self.

Of course I have no idea how Dan has planed to take care of the other times travelers but I'd be slightly disapointed if hitmen do it. I don't know... it's not very ethical. That's kind of saying that the goal justify the means. I'll always be uneasy with this idea even if I must admit that when he tried other methods it failed big time. ^^

Remember, this is written by the same dkstories who has killed off Brian, TWICE! :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:

Three times actually if you count being obliterated by nuclear war before Sean goes back in DO...

You are right!!!

I'm pretty sure Dan hasn't killed Davey...

Killed Davey again, you mean? 0:) Even if you don't count the fatal effects of the Time Machine, he's already done so at least once. :devil:

but he did mention that the house was renovated to accomodate Aunt Bev's wheelchair. That's the kind of hint he likes to drop when he's doing something really evil...

I think you are on to something big here... Just do a word search on "wheelchair" in DOR 36. There seem to be a LOT of mentions of it.

Edited by C James
I do NOT foreshadow in my stories...ever...period...

Never? Hmmmm...

BTW, you do realize, of course, that if Davey DOES end up in a wheelchair in DOR 37, that you are going to be seeing a lot of this quote from now until doomsday? :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

I think his memory of all timelines but this one will be wiped-ie, it'll be like he is living a normal life, just in a different situation then the original. All the 'big' things are still the same, which suggests, in my mind, that in the end the fundamentals will be the same but Davey's family will be different.

Wow! chapter 36 is.....politically intense if I may say that. I really am glad that chapter 36 isn't gonna be the last chapter. I was quite worried too that Davey was falling off the stairs, gawd. I hope Dan wouldn't make him go with the wheelchair.

Interesting that Davey's family now moves in a high political circle. Hmmm... wonder if his dad is gonna be a secretary or undersecretary under Reagan administration? :D Perhaps governor or senator or congressman from California? :D

Either way, I hope I'll be seeing more of David and Brian :2thumbs: and the effect of Davey's dad's political life in their relationship. Always LOVE their love story. Set against the backdrop of high politics.

Cheers for Dan! :2thumbs:

Rad

Honestly after thinking about it, I think that Davey might be setting his dad up to become Reagans Vice President.

Now that is interesting!!!!!!! They do seem to be getting very close..

Hmmmm... Think about it from the Writer's point of view too: Rumor has it that Dan is not exactly thrilled with the current President Bush, and if Davey's Dad takes GHWB's place as VP, the effectively heads off both Bush presidencies. :read:B)