[dkstories] Doing it right 4

So I'm first at this :D and my first posting :2thumbs:

What to say - as religious as he is, he is a good father. But will he learn from his alter egos of past/other timelines? Or is he learning from his other ways in this timeline?

On an other level. Please Dan reconsider your future here... I am happy you will end this timeline/story properly, but I want to follow Dawn of tears to the end also - and what about your idea of sellting an college campus in the midevial times

Please :worship:

Edited by Ratatosk

Nothing wrong with jumping in at ANY time but it is sweet that you got to loose your virginity on a new chapter of DIR!

Nope, I thought to myself as my eyes watered from the strong scotch, this father of mine was like no other I

What to say - as religious as he is, he is a good father. But will he learn from his alter egos of past/other timelines? Or is he learning from his other ways in this timeline?

On an other level. Please Dan reconsider your future here... I am happy you will end this timeline/story properly, but I want to follow Dawn of tears to the end also - and what about your idea of sellting an college campus in the midevial times

Please :worship:

Welcome, Ratatosk!!

Congratulations on your first post, and having it start a new chapter discussion!

What a chapter, too... This sure changes things a great deal!

I'll put the rest of this in spoiler (just highlight to make the text show)

So, did Davey really fake the fainting spell and memory loss in the President's office? Or was it just temporary? Chapter 39 of DOR makes me think he did have some memory loss, especially this bit

"The really odd thing was Dad asking if I

Be nice Emoe, or I'll make you edit chapter 6 again!

That was cold....

lol anyways... great chapter made me smile... alot... Can't wait for the next exciting episode of DIR :o

Another great chapter DK!

I honestly fell for the loosing the memories thing! But I'm very curious about the coma thing! How did that happen?

I am also glad that Davey's father is taking this so well! I hoe he continues to do so! That said, I'm a little worried about his political ambition... Would he use his son to win an election... or as a bargaining tool?

And thanks again for reconsidering your decision.

I honestly fell for the loosing the memories thing! But I'm very curious about the coma thing! How did that happen?

I sure fell for the memory loss too. I jokingly predicted that either Davey would regain his memories, or he wouldn't. But, he still had them, so I was wrong in spite of playing both sides! :lmao:

My interpretation on the Coma (and I might have it wrong) is that opinion on the Coma is that Davey was sent back to a "self" too young to hold the memories, which caused his headaches, and then his coma. When he came out of the coma, he was without his future memories for quite some time (for real, I think).

No! You wouldn't write another chapter like that so soon! Would you? :unsure:

That was cold....

Wait until you READ chapter 6 ~ you will really be on him for that crack!

Luckily, it'll probably be posted next week. Lord knows I haven't looked at it since you sent it back to me, Emoe, because I don't think I can handle it right now. Of course, I just realized we're being cruel talking about it like this, but I think it's good enough that a little anticipation won't ruin the chapter for people (Chapter 6, btw, is probably one of the best chapters I've ever written in any story, in my own personal opinion).

No! You wouldn't write another chapter like that so soon! Would you? :unsure:

That was cold....

Wait until you READ chapter 6 ~ you will really be on him for that crack!

Luckily, it'll probably be posted next week. Lord knows I haven't looked at it since you sent it back to me, Emoe, because I don't think I can handle it right now. Of course, I just realized we're being cruel talking about it like this, but I think it's good enough that a little anticipation won't ruin the chapter for people (Chapter 6, btw, is probably one of the best chapters I've ever written in any story, in my own personal opinion).

Uhoh... It looks to me like things are about to get all too interesting for Davey! This does indeed sound ominous...

I'll add in my own bit of wild speculation: Sean's future self is due to arrive soon, so I'm betting that is part of it.

So I just read chapter 2 through 4 and it was WOW :2thumbs:

okay, i was a bit surprised that the p.o.v went back to davey as i thought now we'd see the world from Brian's eyes. Any chance we might see that one of these chapters? 0:)

Second thing.............Davey has his memories?? But I thought he lost it when he regained from his balck-out? Now Sean's future self is here too!! Darn, that's a bit too much for me to process in one reading :P

Did I miss something here? :blink: how did davey regained hi smemories? Since I read through the pages and the first signs he got his memories back was at chapter 3, I think.

Anyway, BRAVO! Hohohohohoho! :lmao::funny::2thumbs: Brian and Davey together again. Woohoo, I really like that. Especially since Brian made the first move. Again. Like in DO1. :worship:

Chapter 4 is the most emotioanal, at least so far and for me. I read through all the discussions Davey had with his dad and couldn't help but to smile on his dad's apparent acceptance :music: Yeah, time's rough ahead but at least now davey got his dad back and on his side.

:2thumbs:

As always Dan :king: , I can't wait for the next chapter.

Cheers!

Rad

Of course I worked on Chapter 11 for a bit while waiting for virus scans and I've been fighting the tears in my eyes...everyone's thinking Robert and I are fighting...

Tears in your eyes? From Chapter 11?

Uhoh... This does NOT bode well!!! Poor Davey, what have you done to him now? :blink:

Will this be another case of hearing screams from Florida (when Emoe gets it for editing)?

:lmao:

It's kind of funny...I don't normally remember what happens in what chapter. That can be really frustrating, especially when I need to go look something up and have to search a range of chapters because I know event A happened in the original Do Over when Davey was 14.

I just rarely remember which chapter it happened in.

Right now I could sit here and discuss all the major events that happen between chapters 5 and 11 without any problem. Because the range is so small, I could give you a decent synopsis of each chapter, but I would still get a few events wrong because it happened at the beginning of chapter 7 instead of the end of chapter 6 (for instance). Certain chapters always stand out in my memory, though, like chapter 14 of Do Over, Chapter 32 of Do Over Redux, and of course chapter 6 of DIR.

I'm discovering the same thing as I continue reading through Dawn of Tears (yes I'm reading through it in preparation for finishing DIR and starting writing on Dawn again). I'll remember an event but be surprised that it happened in a specific chapter...(like the seduction of Dawn's Jimmy - got to keep the VJ/Service and Dawn Jimmy's separated).

Oh, and having just written two chapters of Service in the last week can cause even further confusion...

Um, Rad, Sean's not back...Sean's 'memories' were part of the chapter 3 april fool's joke...make sure you read the real chapter 3.

YOU HAD ME FOOLED!!! :lol: dARN! I went in suspecting nothing! :lmao: Good job Dan. I just read you, um-"real" DO3-3 and couldn't be more pleased reading the blossoming relationship between Brian and Davey. Whew....especialy when they explored their feeling for each other-the first time. :great:

As for the Brandon-Sean-Trevor triangle? :lol: we already know what will happen. Still, it was fun reading how Brandon and Trevor seemed fighting over Sean-although they managed to "share" in the end :rolleyes:

Anyways, waiting-impatiently-for chapter 5.

Cheers!

Rad

Of course I worked on Chapter 11 for a bit while waiting for virus scans and I've been fighting the tears in my eyes...everyone's thinking Robert and I are fighting...

I can only hope that they are tears of joy.

At the risk of making future predictions (and hoping that Dan has already written past this point):

I wonder if Sean Rule will have problems with his parents when they discover his sexual orientation, and if Davey will be able to get Mary Lou Hacker to work things out... (y'all remember Mary Lou, don't you?)

And I'm looking forward to the evening when Sean comes back, and what sort of reception Davey will try to arrange for him. His previous return was not to a happy situation, as I recall, but creating a nice childhood for Sean is one of the best gifts Davey can offer him to make up for the very first timeline.

--Rigel

I can only hope that they are tears of joy.

And I'm looking forward to the evening when Sean comes back, and what sort of reception Davey will try to arrange for him. His previous return was not to a happy situation, as I recall, but creating a nice childhood for Sean is one of the best gifts Davey can offer him to make up for the very first timeline.

--Rigel

It will be interesting, I am sure.

I really liked Chapter 4. IMHO it really illustrated the changes in Davey's father, and how things can change.

However, Davey IMHO got off very easy after making two big blunders: being seen by his Father kissing Brian, and then reading Russian in front of his father. So, I'm thinking that his luck is about to run out in some way, and the ominous hints about Chapter 6 seem to indicate that something is about to hit the fan.

Dan mentions in his blog that Ch. 5 is on it's way very soon, which combined with the details he posted about the April fool's joke makes one thing very obvious: Dan is one heck of a fast writer. He said (If I read it correctly) that he did the April Fool's part of chapter 3 that day, AFTER Treb's post. Given that it had to be written, then e-mailed to Myr for posting, and then get posted, showing up just a few hours after Treb's post, that's incredibly fast. Looking at the posting rate for recent chapters, that's a heck of a lot of writing in a very short time.