2017 Spring Anthology: Jagged Edges / Unintended Consequences ~ Discus

Bugger.

Uploaded my anthology story, the story published (the chapter didn't) and I can't unpublish it as I don't have permission.

Is that a thing now, are we not allowed to take down our own work?

11 minutes ago, Sasha Distan said:

Bugger.

Uploaded my anthology story, the story published (the chapter didn't) and I can't unpublish it as I don't have permission.

Stupid question first: did you untick the publish box on the story too?

Hopefully @Renee Stevens will arrive asap and fix things.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

I started writing, then decided the story had so many possibilities I want to turn it into a novel. So I didn't end up doing one, again. If I end up actually writing this now theorised novel, I'll be happy. I look forward to reading everyones work for this anthology. :) 

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator
55 minutes ago, Sasha Distan said:

Bugger.

Is that a thing now, are we not allowed to take down our own work?

It shows up in my story feed, but when I view the chapter there's a clock next to it and I get an error message when I attempt to view the chapter.  So it is unpublished, but maybe Renee needs to do something more so it doesn't show up in the story feed.  

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
1 hour ago, Renee Stevens said:

Okay, I just did a test and by clicking both unpublished boxes, it did not show up in the feed.

I can see it in the feed, Renee.  I get the same thing I saw with Sasha's story.  When I click on the link in the feed, I go to the story, but get an error message when I try to view the chapter. 

2 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

I can see it in the feed, Renee.  I get the same thing I saw with Sasha's story.  When I click on the link in the feed, I go to the story, but get an error message when I try to view the chapter. 

That was a second test that I did as I'm doing a walk-through via screen captures. Not sure if I screwed up or what. The original test I did DID NOT show up, even after I did publish it.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
1 minute ago, Renee Stevens said:

Yep, when I was trying to get the pictures I needed, I clicked the "publish" slide in Step 1 again and forgot to put it back. @Valkyrie do you see one that says Renee Anthology Test *take 2*

I don't see either of them now. :)

On 01/05/2017 at 6:17 PM, Timothy M. said:

Stupid question first: did you untick the publish box on the story too?

Hopefully @Renee Stevens will arrive asap and fix things.

I didn't.

She did. She's awesome.

I knew I'd miss something *grumbles to oneself*

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

Any news on when the Summer Anthology posts? @Renee Stevens

Sorry, Tim, I can only tell you that I'm working on it. I don't give out dates because if something happens and it can't post when I plan for, I end up with a bunch of PM's asking why it didn't post when I said it would.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Renee Stevens said:

I don't give out dates because if something happens and it can't post when I plan for, I end up with a bunch of PM's asking why it didn't post when I said it would.

Hmm, seems to me you've already told me this once but I forgot. :*)

I thought maybe you could say we're aiming for mid-June or something similar, but if you have no idea, that's OK. :hug:  I'll curb my impatience and go read some of Mann's stories.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

I thought maybe you could say we're aiming for mid-June or something similar, but if you have no idea, that's OK. :hug:  I'll curb my impatience and go read some of Mann's stories.

I will say that the wait won't be THAT long :hug:

• Like 3