2017 Spring Anthology: Jagged Edges / Unintended Consequences ~ Discus

24 minutes ago, Puppilull said:

I'm about to upload my story now. Is there still a risk of accidental publishing? 

I think the answer is still yes - at least that was Renée's thought on Friday. 

37 minutes ago, Puppilull said:

I'm about to upload my story now. Is there still a risk of accidental publishing? 

My main worry is that an unpublished story will show up in the Latest story spot, even if it isn't available. I don't think you need to worry about accidental publishing, and it looks like postdated stories are now being shown in the story feed.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

it looks like postdated stories are now being shown in the story feed.

seems I was wrong about post-dated stories showing up in the story feed. :(

Myr says they're still working on the bug for that. I'm going to wait and see before I upload my anthology story. I've already missed out when the Tollbooth Operator didn't show up in the story feed, I don't want it to happen to my A.I. story too.

7 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

I've already missed out when the Tollbooth Operator didn't show up in the story feed, I don't want it to happen to my A.I. story too.

That may happen regardless of whether or not that story bug gets fixed soon. I'm not sure how the new system will handle the anthologies, but the old system wouldn't post them either. I'm not sure how that was fixed each anthology, but with a different system none of us knows exactly how it will work with non-published, non post-dated stories.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Puppilull said:

I'm starting to sweat a little bit over here.  Is accidental publishing still happening?

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, CassieQ said:

I'm starting to sweat a little bit over here.  Is accidental publishing still happening?

Puppi's just had a go and it didn't work - the publishing bug is still alive and well, unfortunately. :/

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

I can see it and read it.  But that may be because I'm listed as editor.  On the old site, I could see stories if I was listed as editor or beta even if they weren't published. 

I can see it too, @Puppilull and I'm not listed as editor. And it's also in the story feed and in the Latest Story spot.

I'll wait with my A.I. story, then. :( 

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, Renee Stevens said:

I will be on for the next hour or so (until around 6:30pm MST) if you get it uploaded in that time then I can go in and unapprove it.

I've uploaded and stuck a link in the other topic, Renee.

Just now, Timothy M. said:

I've uploaded and stuck a link in the other topic, Renee.

The chapter is unapproved now and the story itself is unpublished, but even if the "story" publishes again, the chapter can't repost (or shouldn't be able to)

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Renee Stevens said:

The chapter is unapproved now and the story itself is unpublished, but even if the "story" publishes again, the chapter can't repost (or shouldn't be able to)

Thanks, I can see it in the story feed, but marked green. Hopefully, no one noticed while it was 'live.'

LOL, @AC Benus noticed both mine and Val's, but I can't see hers anymore, so it should be OK:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Site Administrator
7 hours ago, comicfan said:

Okay, I've managed to write one. Lord, I missed doing these. Poor Val. She is an angel for doing this but she is going to want more, I just know it.

0:):gikkle: