Editing Chapter Comments

Go to solution Solved by Drew Espinosa,

One of the new features on GA is the ability to edit what were formerly chapter reviews.

However, I don't have that option. For example, here is a comment I left on a chapter by @Timothy M. 

CaptureD.PNG.1cd24fe52ad46bc4c734cadb2d535bbc.PNG

I would have posted this in the Bugs Thread, but after asking around, it seems I'm the only one dealing with that issue. So, it's most likely not a Bug. 

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

• Site Moderator

Drew,

Generally there is a time limit on the editing feature for members. I'm not sure what the limit might be since that feature is new, but the example you posted is from the 9th. Have you checked comments as you have made them and not seen the edit option?

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, drpaladin said:

Drew,

Generally there is a time limit on the editing feature for members. I'm not sure what the limit might be since that feature is new, but the example you posted is from the 9th. Have you checked comments as you have made them and not seen the edit option?

Thanks DrP, I made a comment on a story I'm following and it does have the Edit option next to the quote option. However, I have talked to some of my friends, and they have been able to edit their comments made prior to the upgrade, however, I am unable to do the same.

Edited by Drew Espinosa
  • Like 1

For clarity's sake, here is a discussion about my issues:

I put it in a spoiler box, since it takes up a lotta room.

Spoiler
5 hours ago, Drew Espinosa said:

This is my comment from Tim's latest chapter in Terrible Prompts. I don't see the option next to the quote button. :( 

CaptureD.PNG.38247a1caba1dc9958df859c0f4504b1.PNG

5 hours ago, Drew Espinosa said:

I also checked my replies on my stories. I don't see the button there either. :( The problem is probably on my end, since I seem to be the only one with the issue.

4 hours ago, spikey582 said:

It should look like this Drew, and it appears for all comments, all your old reviews, everything.

IMG_0238.PNG

2 hours ago, Drew Espinosa said:

I left a new comment on a story, and it has the edit option! :D But checking old comments, the problem remains. :/ 

For example, here is a reply to a comment from my story, Day and Night:

CaptureE.PNG.bb0a5c56043c8d7d281878c68eb10bab.PNG

2 hours ago, spikey582 said:

Okay, I would think it wouldn't make a difference, but have you tried old stories you just left comments on and not just your stories?

Just earlier today I edited a comment I left in like May of 2016.

2 hours ago, Drew Espinosa said:

The following comment is a year old:

CaptureF.PNG.870775dc42a336644983871ce308031b.PNG I'm at my wits end. :( 

2 hours ago, LitLover said:

Strange.  I just looked at a review I wrote in March 2015 and there's an edit option. 

I'm able to edit old comments and replies in all the places I've looked, including ones which are way older than the comment Drew left on my prompt story.

I would be very sad to see this option go, so I hope Drew's situation isn't what the rest of us should experience too.

• Like 1

Seriously, this is incredibly strange. I am unable to edit old reviews, but I can with new ones. :huh:

For example, this is from my comment in Chapter 11 of Choices by Litlover

CaptureG.PNG.5b6f6c8d66f96f2f404ff5988f68164c.PNG

However, as @Timothy M. indicated, I should be able to be able to edit all my comments, no matter how old they are.

I've looked at my settings on GA and on my browser to see if if anything there was causing this issue- there was nothing there that could help me as far as I could see. :( 

• Like 1
  • Solution
15 hours ago, Kitt said:

Drew, this may sound like a silly question, but have you signed out since the upgrade? I has a few issues I thought were bugs that exterminated themselves by signing out and back in.

:facepalm:I feel so stupid. Over the weekend, I cleared my history and my cookies on both Chrome and Firefox so I could sign in and out. But that was on my laptop, there was one place I forgot to check... my freakin' tablet. When I tried to sign out of GA on my tablet, I wasn't able to. And I realized why, I hadn't cleared my history or cookies on the device! :pinch:

So, after I did clear out my history on my tablet, I got back on my laptop and cleared my history/cookies once again on the browsers I have (Chrome, Firefox, and Edge) just to be sure.

After all that, I signed back into GA, and when I checked the earliest reviews I left...

...I saw I had the edit option! :D

But good god, I feel stupid for having forgotten my tablet! :*)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Drew Espinosa said:

:facepalm:I feel so stupid. Over the weekend, I cleared my history and my cookies on both Chrome and Firefox so I could sign in and out. But that was on my laptop, there was one place I forgot to check... my freakin' tablet. When I tried to sign out of GA on my tablet, I wasn't able to. And I realized why, I hadn't cleared my history or cookies on the device! :pinch:

So, after I did clear out my history on my tablet, I got back on my laptop and cleared my history/cookies once again on the browsers I have (Chrome, Firefox, and Edge) just to be sure.

After all that, I signed back into GA, and when I checked the earliest reviews I left...

...I saw I had the edit option! :D

But good god, I feel stupid for having forgotten my tablet! :*)

Woo Hooo! I got something techie right!  :D

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator
21 hours ago, Drew Espinosa said:

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Try now.

• Like 1