Bug Report: Profile Left Hand Column

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

On your profile page, on the left-hand column at the bottom, use to be where you Favourite Authors, Beta Readers, Editors, and Favourite Stories was located. They are no longer there. I've been looking for them, and have not found them on anyone's profile, not just my own. I've gone into my settings, and have toggled them each on and off to no avail.

Running on Firefox v54, Windows 10.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Favorite Authors & Stories will be replaced with the Reading Lists that we've talked about with the next Stories upgrade. These lists will allow you to save what you've read, want to read, want everyone else to know you're reading, etc... I do not know if the ability to list your personal beta readers/editors is being axed because it's simply not a feature being supported anymore along with the favorites, or if that is something we can replace or reset the back end settings to show again. 

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator
5 hours ago, Cia said:

Favorite Authors & Stories will be replaced with the Reading Lists that we've talked about with the next Stories upgrade. These lists will allow you to save what you've read, want to read, want everyone else to know you're reading, etc...

As Cia mentions, Reading Lists, which will be a feature in our next major update, will handle all the favorites.  Favorite Authors, Favorite Stories, and you'll be able to create lists of people or stories.  For example, you could create a list of "My Favorite Readers".

The dropping of the old listings at this time was accidental.  But it actually plays exactly into what the problem was.   Favorite Stories and Favorite Authors was based on "liking" a story.  When we changed to reactions, that disappeared.  It was something we missed because we've been working on the replacement.  I'll check with the programmer... if it doesn't take much effort, I'll bring back the current system.  If it does, we'll have to wait until the replacement.  Sorry we missed this.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Myr said:

if it doesn't take much effort, I'll bring back the current system.  If it does, we'll have to wait until the replacement.  Sorry we missed this.

I don't miss the lists, since they didn't make sense in the new GA. I'd prefer to wait for the new system. I can still see the stories I follow (ie has as favorites) under Manage followed content, so it's not like my selection is gone.

However, what I miss is getting notifications (mainly for comments) about stories I follow. I've tried going back to some of them and liking the story as well as following, but I very rarely get any notifications about comments and never for chapter comments. Not even on my own stories. :(  I'm aware this is an old bug, but I'm hoping the coming update will deal with it.

Otherwise I like the new look. Great work, Myr & Co.

PS - I do miss the lists of editors and beta readers. I'd love to have those back.

Edited by Timothy M.
add PS
  • Like 2
  • Site Administrator

The lack of notifications on chapter comments is a reported bug and is being worked on.

• Like 3

I hope this is the right place to post this. If it isn't I apologize. I just noticed the 'likes' number on chapters is inaccurate... for example... Chapter one of Cards on the Table... Likes 7

I checked other stories and it's the same... no biggie... just bringing it to your attention... cheers... oh , and the author followers on the author pages has reverted to our friends number as it did in the prior upgrade. I haven't noticed anything else. It all looks amazing :D  

Edited by Headstall
  • Like 2
  • Site Administrator

Hi Gary. I just checked that chapter, and I see where it says 14 people reacted and there are 14 actual likes. I'm not sure where or when it said there were 7. Thank you for the report on the followers numbers; we'll look into that. 

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, Cia said:

Hi Gary. I just checked that chapter, and I see where it says 14 people reacted and there are 14 actual likes. I'm not sure where or when it said there were 7. Thank you for the report on the followers numbers; we'll look into that. 

Thanks, Cia. I checked chapter one again, and it's now 14 as you say,  but I believe there was about 100 likes on that chapter before this latest upgrade. It's the same with all the other chapters... maybe it will slowly fix? Cheers... Gary....

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator
1 minute ago, Headstall said:

Thanks, Cia. I checked chapter one again, and it's now 14 as you say,  but I believe there was about 100 likes on that chapter before this latest upgrade. It's the same with all the other chapters... maybe it will slowly fix? Cheers... Gary....

Got it. We'll keep an eye on that and look into it. 

• Like 3