Bug Report: Blogs

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

I can't seem to get to my blogs anymore. I get this error instead:

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX0

Thoughts?

• Like 1

I was able to get to mine, via the menu above, but had trouble locating yours with the search options.

I was also able to get to all six of yours via your Profile page, and the blog tab there.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

I was able to get to mine, via the menu above, but had trouble locating yours with the search options.

I was also able to get to all six of yours via your Profile page, and the blog tab there.

What do you get when you try to get to this link?

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

I see your full link there.

So you can see the blog when you click on it? I get the error above when I try to go to that page.

Might be an IOS thing again. Annoying, but the risk I take using my IPad for everything. 

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
16 minutes ago, MrM said:

What do you get when you try to get to this link?

I get an error message.  I am not able to view it.  I use a laptop with Windows 10 and Google Chrome. 

Edited by Valkyrie
Forgot to mention system I use.
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Valkyrie said:

I get an error message.  I am not able to view it. 

Ok. Thanks Val.

That's what's happening to me. Are you using Safari to see the site?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, MrM said:

So you can see the blog when you click on it? I get the error above when I try to go to that page.

I'm getting both the Blog and an Error message now. Was just the blog. Now it's both.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
Just now, MrM said:

Ok. Thanks Val.

That's what's happening to me. Are you using Safari to see the site?

I edited my post because I forgot to mention what I use... I use a laptop with Google Chrome.  

• Like 2
1 minute ago, BHopper2 said:

I'm getting both the Blog and an Error message now. Was just the blog. Now it's both.

Ok. Thanks for checking.

Just now, Valkyrie said:

I edited my post because I forgot to mention what I use... I use a laptop with Google Chrome.  

Ok. It might be a general error. Let me try my more 'standard' Blog entry with no links to YouTube.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, MrM said:

Ok. Thanks for checking.

Ok. It might be a general error. Let me try my more 'standard' Blog entry with no links to YouTube.

A regular blog entry with just text does the same thing. Are you guys able to get to your own blogs?

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

I've looked at the issue (via my Surface Pro with Edge) and found that I can see the blog with the post in your profile and go to the blog itself. When I click on the "Read More" drop menu the post opens. When I click on the link "Read More" I get the EX0 error with these details.

The error also occurred on the blog: Snowflake The Soundtrack, Brandon Smiling The Soundtrack and any blog post with a YouTube link in The Wisdom of M blog, but the error did not occur on any of the regular posts, even if they had offsite links that were not video related. 

Edit to add: I just tried clicking on Valkyrie's Musings From Valhalla post October 2006, which has images but not a YouTube link, and got the same error. 

Edited by Myr
Removed code that should not be shown to non-technical folks
  • Like 2
  • Site Administrator
  • Solution

There was an issue that got corrected during the software upgrade and the rebuild process.

It seems to be working now.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On August 29, 2017 at 1:20 PM, Myr said:

There was an issue that got corrected during the software upgrade and the rebuild process.

It seems to be working now.

Many thanks, Grand Archwizard of the GAness! Yay! Now I can post all kinds of annoying things! Hehehehe!

• Like 1