Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Broken Advertisement Links

Brayon
Go to solution Solved by Myr,

1 minute ago, BHopper2 said:

Been seeing a lot of Broken links, around the forum, and other areas. Like this one:

Screenshot-2017-9-30 Discussion.png

I think the topic about the fantasy and sci-fi story "rules" is still online, I've replied. If it's a link to another site... Then I don't know if it's broken...or still working. And yes there were dead links... But that's just the interwebs.... Some pages/sites/content just come and go.

2 hours ago, Dennis191 said:

I think the topic about the fantasy and sci-fi story "rules" is still online, I've replied. If it's a link to another site... Then I don't know if it's broken...or still working. And yes there were dead links... But that's just the interwebs.... Some pages/sites/content just come and go.

The link is between the two post, titled "advertisement_alt."

• Like 1

• Site Administrator

I'm not able to repeat the issue here.  And I'm not using an Ad Blocker. 

If you do happen to be using an ad blocker, are you aware that Gay Authors can only stay open because of a combination of displaying advertising and our Premium Membership?

If you want to block ads and make sure we don't close then spend the cost of a couple of coffees and get Premium Membership:

There are no ads for Premium Members and you get access to even more great stories.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, mogwhy said:

BH, could this be because you have ad-blocker software on your computer? i see this stuff you're talking about, too

1 minute ago, Myr said:

I'm not able to repeat the issue here.  And I'm not using an Ad Blocker. 

If you do happen to be using an ad blocker, are you aware that Gay Authors can only stay open because of a combination of displaying advertising and our Premium Membership?

I do have an AdBlocker installed... However, I've disable it several months ago, so GA can get the revenue from the ads while I'm here. I have verified it is still disabled for GA. I also see ads on most pages as well. There's this new Amazon Book Ad, that is appearing now, and it is HUGE. Like 4 or 5 inches tall.

Was posting a heads-up, in case it was like one of the internal ads for someone's book, etc.

• Like 3

I've been getting this on my tablet and my laptop, neither of which have any sort of ad-blocker at all. Both run Chrome, on Android or Windows. As BHopper2 says, I see probably all the other commercial advertising. I wouldn't dream of blocking them.

• Like 1

• Site Administrator
  • Solution
11 minutes ago, northie said:

I've been getting this on my tablet and my laptop, neither of which have any sort of ad-blocker at all. Both run Chrome, on Android or Windows. As BHopper2 says, I see probably all the other commercial advertising. I wouldn't dream of blocking them.

Please try now.  It should be the Premium Content ad about coffee.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myr said:

Please try now.  It should be the Premium Content ad about coffee.

i used to see ads for Amazon e-books, now i don't even see that. i use chrome and i believe it has an ad-blocker. i'll go look if i can exempt GA 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mogwhy said:

i used to see ads for Amazon e-books, now i don't even see that. i use chrome and i believe it has an ad-blocker. i'll go look if i can exempt GA 

Chrome's ad blockers usually have the option to "white list" individual sites. If not, then you can always get a new one from chrome's store. :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..