Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Brad at 55

rjo

11 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I wonder if Riley and Maddy (who are both 17 now) refer to Brad as Grandpa? (Robbie the 2nd would be 14.)  I don't think Brad would have Stefan's vanity about aging, so I'm guessing they probably do, and Brad likes it.

It always surprises me that Stef gets referred to as grandfather rather than uncle which is (more or less) his blood relationship to Brad's kids and sounds a lot more youthful.  The grandfather title is entirely because of his relationship with JP. 

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, Mark Arbour said:

I suspect that Brad at 55 is even more cynical than he is now. 

Well, I imagine the financial implosion of 2007-2009 is going to be fun for him. Not that he's going to be screwed that much, but it's going to be a significant annoyance for him, especially if he's invested in real estate in areas that got hit hard. The estate boom should be going on right now, yes?

Plus, I mean,  even if he's aging great (which he so would be) he's still going to be over 50. He's going to have to grapple with questions about what to do with his 80-something parents and the other general issues of what happens when you're over a half-century old.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 5
On 10/2/2017 at 9:10 PM, methodwriter85 said:

Plus, I mean,  even if he's aging great (which he so would be) he's still going to be over 50. He's going to have to grapple with questions about what to do with his 80-something parents and the other general issues of what happens when you're over a half-century old.

If you think for a minute that JP and Steff aren't quite capable of putting plans in place for every contingency of age or otherwise and would let it fall to Brad to take care of things, then I think you underestimate that generation.  Some boomers had to take care of their parents but many of the greatest generation provided for themselves.  As a boomer, I don't have any illusions that my children will be in any position to take care of me or my wife and I don't plan to be a burden to anyone.  Trusts and plans for our care are already in place although right now, I expect at least another 15-20 years of independence. 

Brad will see the example of JP and Steff and put in place provisions for himself accordingly.  These guys see and plan ahead.  There will still be problems and obstacles, but I think he has already had to deal with the most impactful event of his life with the loss of Robbie.  The only thing worse would be to lose a child...and oh shit, I didn't mean to give Mark any more ideas...

• Like 4

Brad at 55 will most definitely be hot! I guess I can see him being more cynical, but I can also see him being less of a tightass. He might even relax into being a grandfather. Maybe that will depend, though, on whether he is happy... I believe he is a man who needs a relationship to be so... at least by that age.... 

• Like 3

I wonder if Brad will embrace the silver fox look when his hair starts going grey? (We all KNOW that Stefan has carefully dyed back to blond any hair that has gone grey.) I think it can look pretty sexy:

20cfb8b82bc9dfa79adf119ca8ba11f4--patric

c58c3d30c88ede49c278a3b854766412--steve-

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..