Would You Have a Bromance Though No Sex Will Ever Be Involved?

Would You Have a Bromance Though No Sex Will Ever Be Involved?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Bromance is defined as two men having unusual amount of male bonding, but rarely below the waist. Would you, as a gay man, be willing to have a bromance with someone (gay or straight or any sexual orientation)?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/21/2018 at 05:00 AM

2 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

There is a rude name for straight girls who ‘have a thing for gay guys.’ I’m not aware of any neutral or nice names for the phenomenon. I don’t think I need to mention it since it doesn’t add anything to the conversation.

😱No rude names! Let's come up with a nice one then..... hmmmm........ Gaymance...... or ...... Homance? No that doesn't sound right..... I'm gonna stick with Gaymance, that sounds cute. Although what I have with my gay guy friend is an Annoyance..... he drives me insane on more occasions than my husband does.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
On 5/21/2018 at 11:41 PM, Ashi said:

Red Daddy doesn't have that age limit issue, but as my nickname for him implies, he's off-limit because he's married with a child. 

I thought you were a daddy? :huh: Didn't you tell me once, that a little tyke you were babysitting accidentally blurted that to you? :rofl:

On 5/22/2018 at 12:39 AM, Ashi said:

I'll pull a Love Simon, sitting on a Ferris Wheel by myself this Christmas, hopefully

I still need to see that movie. :D

On 5/22/2018 at 2:48 AM, droughtquake said:

I have a new nickname – clearly inspired by my love of desserts!  ;–)

:rofl:

Well, to answer the question, I currently have three bromances: Danny, Lachlan, and Jesse, from my old neighborhood. Jesse was the earliest; I'd walk down the road to his adopted parents' farm when things got too "loud" at my house. Later, Danny and his younger brother Lachlan moved into the house directly across from mine, and I stopped visiting Jesse as often, though I'd still see him from time to time. Lachlan is gay, Danny is straight, and Jesse is somewhat of a mystery to me, even today. I guess some people just have different priorities in life. I've been openly gay since I was 13, and none of them have ever had an issue with how I present myself to the world. Danny and Lachlan's family moved away three years ago, but they still drop by whenever they happen to be in town, and Jesse still lives on the farm with his family. All three of them, regardless of their history, are like brothers to me. :heart:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 6/8/2018 at 1:28 AM, Pmsingtiger said:

😱No rude names! Let's come up with a nice one then..... hmmmm........ Gaymance...... or ...... Homance? No that doesn't sound right..... I'm gonna stick with Gaymance, that sounds cute. Although what I have with my gay guy friend is an Annoyance..... he drives me insane on more occasions than my husband does.   

I think I know how Lauren feels when dealing with Tristan, now! :rofl:   :rofl:

Edited by Page Scrawler
It's a Comicality reference
  • Wow 2
20 hours ago, droughtquake said:

There is a rude name for straight girls who ‘have a thing for gay guys.’ I’m not aware of any neutral or nice names for the phenomenon. I don’t think I need to mention it since it doesn’t add anything to the conversation.

I cannot imagine ever falling for a woman myself. This is not to say that I believe everyone is either straight or Gay since I believe many people are bisexual. I just think that there really are people who are at the two extremes. I believe there are all sorts of variations in human sexuality and orientation.

But I’m no expert. Most of what I know comes from documentaries created by people who are not like me. They have exposed me to concepts that I’d never have considered on my own based on my personal experiences. I’ve been awakened.

I never consider that term for a straight girl who tags along with gay guy a "rude name."  I think it's cute.  Honestly I've been using gay slang so liberally, I am curious why no straight people ever ask me about my sexuality.  Maybe I am presumed gay until proven guilty.

I cannot imagine myself falling for a woman either.  Never been... even when I was in naive stage, or when I was so closeted that denounced everything gay....  Nothing against woman, but I only get turned on by men (sometimes in the most inconvenient time).

I didn't believe in bisexuality until I met a guy who is like having an ambiguous relationship with me (only to tell me he's not gay).  He always tried to get me out of the closet, and asked me to watch his hockey games (and him in the locker room... in jock straps no less... <_< ), went to dinner with him or tried to ask me to move in with him.  And then..., he said that ultimate humiliating statement.  Now I look back, I think he is bi..., though he is married to a woman now.  

I have two types of guys I like, and those two types are polar opposite.  Red Daddy and that guy mentioned above actually belong to the same type....   Maybe they're super secured about their sexuality, they don't mind having an open relationship with a guy who's presumed gay until proven guilty....

Edited by Ashi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
15 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

I thought you were a daddy? :huh: Didn't you tell me once, that a little tyke you were babysitting accidentally blurted that to you? :rofl:

I still need to see that movie. :D

:rofl:

Well, to answer the question, I currently have three bromances: Danny, Lachlan, and Jesse, from my old neighborhood. Jesse was the earliest; I'd walk down the road to his adopted parents' farm when things got too "loud" at my house. Later, Danny and his younger brother Lachlan moved into the house directly across from mine, and I stopped visiting Jesse as often, though I'd still see him from time to time. Lachlan is gay, Danny is straight, and Jesse is somewhat of a mystery to me, even today. I guess some people just have different priorities in life. I've been openly gay since I was 13, and none of them have ever had an issue with how I present myself to the world. Danny and Lachlan's family moved away three years ago, but they still drop by whenever they happen to be in town, and Jesse still lives on the farm with his family. All three of them, regardless of their history, are like brothers to me. :heart:

Go watch Love Simon already!

I am not a daddy..., though that boy is confused about me being his daddy.

So nice to hear about your bromance.  :D  Jesse is probably still figuring it out....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, Ashi said:

Go watch Love Simon already!

I am not a daddy..., though that boy is confused about me being his daddy.

So nice to hear about your bromance.  :D  Jesse is probably still figuring it out....

I'll order a copy from Amazon next week. After I get paid. :lol:

Awww, that's sweet. :*)

And actually, Jesse is only a month older than I am. I've never heard him talk about boys or girls in any romantic or sexual way in all of the fifteen years that I've known him. It's very likely that he's Ace (asexual).

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

And actually, Jesse is only a month older than I am. I've never heard him talk about boys or girls in any romantic or sexual way in all of the fifteen years that I've known him. It's very likely that he's Ace (asexual).

And after knowing him for15 years, you’ve never seen him paying attention to any particular boys or girls?

1 minute ago, droughtquake said:

Not just repressed due to religion or a conservative family or ethnic culture?

Oh, no way! His adoptive parents are very open and loving. They're non-denominational Christians, I think. They know I'm gay, and they don't have any problem with it. Jesse is a very sweet guy, and he could be really "physical" when we were growing up. Still is, whenever I see him. :lol:

As for ethnic culture, the largest minority group around Traverse City is probably the Odawa and Ojibwe Indian tribes, but Jesse is all-white meat. :rofl: Besides which, the Indians revere "Two-Spirit" people. ;~)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

Oh, no way! His adoptive parents are very open and loving. They're non-denominational Christians, I think. They know I'm gay, and they don't have any problem with it. Jesse is a very sweet guy, and he could be really "physical" when we were growing up. Still is, whenever I see him. :lol:

As for ethnic culture, the largest minority group around Traverse City is probably the Odawa and Ojibwe Indian tribes, but Jesse is all-white meat. :rofl: Besides which, the Indians revere "Two-Spirit" people. ;~)

Maybe he’s Page Scrawler-sexual!  ;–)

6 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Maybe he’s Page Scrawler-sexual!  ;–)

No, we never did anything :X. I meant, he's the kind of guy who'll give you a hug or a slap on the shoulder, or even snuggle under a quilt with you on a cold day. :blushing: But he's never had a single boyfriend, girlfriend, or "friend with benefits", to my knowledge. Nor has he even expressed interest in romance or sex. Like I said, he's probably Ace.

Edited by Page Scrawler
  • Like 2
14 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

No, we never did anything :X. I meant, he's the kind of guy who'll give you a hug or a slap on the shoulder, or even snuggle under a quilt with you on a cold day. :blushing: But he's never had a single boyfriend, girlfriend, or "friend with benefits", to my knowledge. Nor has he even expressed interest in romance or sex. Like I said, he's probably Ace.

I cannot imagine any of my straight (male) friends snuggling under a quilt with me, no matter how cold it is! I have Gay friends who’d shy away from snuggling! Maybe you’ve just been so intimidating due to your incredible beauty and intellect that he could never express how he feels about you (when you’ve been available)!  ;–)

3 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

I cannot imagine any of my straight (male) friends snuggling under a quilt with me, no matter how cold it is! I have Gay friends who’d shy away from snuggling! Maybe you’ve just been so intimidating due to your incredible beauty and intellect that he could never express how he feels about you (when you’ve been available)!  ;–)

:blushing:  :blushing:   :blushing:

I'll ask him directly, the next time I see him. Hopefully that will put your mind at ease. :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Ashi said:

I think Jesse really is just figuring it out....  You're already married, so I won't suggest using your own body as a bait....

Ummm...I've taken showers with him before, back when we were kids. His parents are kind of frugal, so there was no wasting water allowed. He never showed any kind of sexual attraction to me. At least, not that I noticed. :P

• Like 2
Just now, Page Scrawler said:

Ummm...I've taken showers with him before, back when we were kids. His parents are kind of frugal, so there was no wasting water allowed. He never showed any kind of sexual attraction to me. At least, not that I noticed. :P

Showering together, snuggling under quilts, hugging. What a tease! You probably slept together too, right? (It would be wasteful to wash two sets of sheets.)  ;–)

5 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Showering together, snuggling under quilts, hugging. What a tease! You probably slept together too, right? (It would be wasteful to wash two sets of sheets.)  ;–)

Yes, we shared a bed sometimes, but not in the Biblical sense! We were too naïve to have any knowledge of sex, so our relationship was purely platonic! :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, droughtquake said:

Maybe Jesse has been impotent for a very long time, poor guy…  ;–)

I also had the same kind of relationship with Danny and Lachlan, later. Only they were more into sports: soccer, biking, climbing, wrestling, etc. I had to learn how to survive just to keep up with them, but they'd always snuggle in for a movie or two, and we used to shower together until they moved away to Grand Rapids. :lol:

Edited by Page Scrawler
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

I also had the same kind of relationship with Danny and Lachlan, later. Only they were more into sports: soccer, biking, climbing, wrestling, etc. I had to learn how to survive just to keep up with them, but they'd always snuggle in for a movie or two, and we used to shower together until they moved away to Grand Rapids. :lol:

I used to know a (Gay) lawyer with kind of a dominant personality. He once mentioned that (he believed that) if a boy invites another boy over for a sleepover, he was asking for sex. The rest of us couldn’t believe what he said! He said that he had lots of sex with his school-aged friends when they invited him over for a sleepover.  ;–)

You seem to have a personality that just encourages other guys to snuggle and shower with you! It’s a unique talent. Too bad it’s not more widespread…

19 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

You seem to have a personality that just encourages other guys to snuggle and shower with you! It’s a unique talent. Too bad it’s not more widespread…

Thanks. :*) As I think I mentioned before, Danny is straight, but Lachlan eventually came out as gay when he was 13. We were both very supportive of him, and he's had a steady boyfriend for about four years. Lessee...Danny is 22, and Lachlan should be...19? :huh: Yeah, that sounds about right. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

Thanks. :*) As I think I mentioned before, Danny is straight, but Lachlan eventually came out as gay when he was 13. We were both very supportive of him, and he's had a steady boyfriend for about four years. Lessee...Danny is 22, and Lachlan should be...19? :huh: Yeah, that sounds about right. :lol:

@Page Scrawler You got to teach us your gay jedi mind tricks :P:D

It's not so weird to shower with other guys, like hot tub and pool parties among male friends meant a lot of us are just sometimes naked and engaging in horseplay. Nothing sexual about a bunch of guys naked together.

As for male friends and snuggling, the only ones I know of who do it are gay, but I can vouch that I did share an intimate moment with a boy, who I had a crush on, under a quilt, who I still cannot figure his sexuality (like Jesse, he never has/had boyfriend, girlfriend, or as far I know been intimate with anyone to this day). Asexuality is something we're only beginning to chart in the spectrum, maybe that's the answer.  A Bromance between a gay man and an Ace man might be more common than we all realize.

• Like 3
  • Love 1