[dkstories] Doing it right 13

This is one of my favorite chapters!

I loved the way it was written! Even someone unfamiliar with California politics could follow it, yet the detail was IMHO superb!

One huge point I'd like to make: THANK YOU DK for the part where the huge similarities between the anti-miscegenation (anti-interracial marriage) crowd and the anti-gay crowd are pointed out! That's long been a favorite topic of mine.

I'll get into a more detailed discussion after more people have had a chance to read it, but for now, just wanted to say thanks!

Oh, and Demitz, I think that you are right about Davey's father! It would certainly be a great way to end this part of the story (Inauguration day?) plus it would change the timeline so that Davey Sr. would become President instead of the current president. I suspect that just might appeal to DK on many fronts, one of which is that DK is rumored to be, well, not exactly the greatest fan of the current occupant of the White House. :P:P:P:P:P:P:P

I love how that last sentence places the whole chapter--actually, the last few chapters--into a broader context than how revelations might affect Davey Sr's political career. It's as if the camera is moving around a room, tightly focused on the details, and then pulls back to show the whole scene.

Good work.

Hi,

This is my first post ever at the gayauthors forum, but I've been a Do Over fan since the first chapter. I just want to say that this is one of my favorite chapters ever :2thumbs: . Everything is just where it is supposed to be. After everything Brian and David had to go through, this timeline is the perfect closure. I think this story should end with one or two more chapters, and after that Dan should go back to writing to Dawn of Tears, and at the same time a completly new story, in a way that only his mind can fathom.

This is one of my favorite chapters!

I loved the way it was written! Even someone unfamiliar with California politics could follow it, yet the detail was IMHO superb!

One huge point I'd like to make: THANK YOU DK for the part where the huge similarities between the anti-miscegenation (anti-interracial marriage) crowd and the anti-gay crowd are pointed out!

I'll get into a more detailed discussion after more people have had a chance to read it, but for now, just wanted to say thanks!

Hey everybody.... It was worth to wait ! I agree with you James, one of the best chapters or DIR. thanks a lot from me too.

Could you imagin a gay President ? Like in France a gay mayor of Paris ? Why should'nt Davey junior candidate in 2008 for president. Dan try to imagin it and give us the pleasure to read this story.... :lmao::D

Hi,

This is my first post ever at the gayauthors forum, but I've been a Do Over fan since the first chapter. I just want to say that this is one of my favorite chapters ever :2thumbs: . Everything is just where it is supposed to be. After everything Brian and David had to go through, this timeline is the perfect closure. I think this story should end with one or two more chapters, and after that Dan should go back to writing to Dawn of Tears, and at the same time a completly new story, in a way that only his mind can fathom.

Hi, Jo!

As the unofficial, self-appointed welcome wagon, let me say Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the first post!

Hey everybody.... It was worth to wait ! I agree with you James, one of the best chapters or DIR. thanks a lot from me too.

Could you imagin a gay President ? Like in France a gay mayor of Paris ? Why should'nt Davey junior candidate in 2008 for president. Dan try to imagin it and give us the pleasure to read this story.... :lmao::D

Hmmm... Brian could be VP! :D

I've often wondered how a married couple would work as President and VP.. I also wonder if it's closer than we think?

Hillary Clinton looks like she will run in 2008... So, I wonder if Bill Clinton might be her running mate if she wins the nomination? Before anyone blasts me with the 22nd amendment, take a close look at the wording:

"Section 1.

No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of President more than once."

Bill Clinton therefor cannot run for President, but I see nothing to prohibit him from running for vice president.

The operative language for the qualifications for vice president is in the 12th amendment "But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States."

OK, my theory is this: Bill Clinton, per the 22nd amendment, is ineligible to be elected president, but is not ineligible to be president, and hence could be Vice-president (and also President by succession if need be). Therefor, could he be his Wife's running mate in 2008? THAT would be very interesting indeed, from both a political and legal perspective.

Finally, was anyone else sweating during Davey and Brian's drive in the rain? I was expecting disaster... I keep seeing impending doom everywhere, perhaps because things have gone so well overall in recent chapters (except for Jeremy's death). Actually, except for Jeremy, I don't think anyone has even died in recent chapters!??! Yes, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop... :P

Hi, Jo!

As the unofficial, self-appointed welcome wagon, let me say Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the first post!

Hmmm... Brian could be VP! :D

I've often wondered how a married couple would work as President and VP.. I also wonder if it's closer than we think?

Hillary Clinton looks like she will run in 2008... So, I wonder if Bill Clinton might be her running mate if she wins the nomination? Before anyone blasts me with the 22nd amendment, take a close look at the wording:

"Section 1.

No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of President more than once."

Bill Clinton therefor cannot run for President, but I see nothing to prohibit him from running for vice president.

The operative language for the qualifications for vice president is in the 12th amendment "But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States."

OK, my theory is this: Bill Clinton, per the 22nd amendment, is ineligible to be elected president, but is not ineligible to be president, and hence could be Vice-president (and also President by succession if need be). Therefor, could he be his Wife's running mate in 2008? THAT would be very interesting indeed, from both a political and legal perspective.

Finally, was anyone else sweating during Davey and Brian's drive in the rain? I was expecting disaster... I keep seeing impending doom everywhere, perhaps because things have gone so well overall in recent chapters (except for Jeremy's death). Actually, except for Jeremy, I don't think anyone has even died in recent chapters!??! Yes, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop... :P

I dont know about that. Your post states anyone ineligible for the office of Pres can not be Vice either so I think that would rule out Clinton, MR.

And yes I was definitely holding my breath on that drive once again. I think Dan is trying to see how many people he can give heart attacks to. :D

The same went for the why of the drive. I was expecting all sorts of calamity to have befallen. Loved mom and dad standing up like that.

I don't know about that. Your post states anyone ineligible for the office of Pres can not be Vice either so I think that would rule out Clinton, MR.

And yes I was definitely holding my breath on that drive once again. I think Dan is trying to see how many people he can give heart attacks to. :D

The same went for the why of the drive. I was expecting all sorts of calamity to have befallen. Loved mom and dad standing up like that.

Not exactly... My theory is that Bill Clinton, like any two-term president, is specifically prohibited (by the 22nd amendment) only from being elected president. It does not say in any way that he is ineligible to serve as president if he attains the office by means other than election.

Of course, I might be quite wrong here, but I think there is certainly enough wiggle room for a lawyer to make use of. My hunch, though, is that such a move would be seen (rightly IMHO) as doing an end run around the 22nd amendment, so it would be a exceedingly controversial on the political side.

As for Dan trying to give us heart attacks... I'd have to agree! My theory is that he knows darn well that he has us conditioned to expect disaster, so he's intentionally mentioning car travel, airplane flights, etc. :P

I had the same feeling as you regarding the "why" of the drive! I was expecting all sorts of things, including something to do with time-travel (maybe a new coup?).

I think the harder one to justify is how someone's wife lives in a different state than them. I mean, yes, Cheney changed his residence to Montana, but that was shady itself.

I think the harder one to justify is how someone's wife lives in a different state than them. I mean, yes, Cheney changed his residence to Montana, but that was shady itself.

As a former Governor of Arkansas, Bill Clinton could very easily IMHO claim Arkansas as his home state, while Hillary, as a Senator from NY, can claim NY. A bit dubious, yes, but it's not unusual these days for married couples to live in separate states. Heck, some prefer it that way. :D:lmao:

No one has commented about Trevor getting married??

I am not sure why, but Trevor is one of my favorite characters, maybe even my favorite. I especially got a chuckle when it was said that he ended up with a different wife in each timeline. My reaction was "yep, he's definitely staying in character." :D