The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

10 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

molly get ur gun and some coffee ...

coffe most assuredly!

wonder if there are cookies in the break room????

7 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

I wish...

so go back for something insignificant, air freshener, washer fluid, steering wheel cover, and flirt!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

12 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

I wish...

you just keep going in the right direction... there will be a man waiting, some one who will see you.. i have no doubt about that

• Like 2
  • Love 3

5 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

so go back for something insignificant, air freshener, washer fluid, steering wheel cover, and flirt!!!

I second this.  

I flirt constantly.  Even when I have almost no real interest lol. 

Never hurts to keep your hand in 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

you just keep going in the right direction... there will be a man waiting, some one who will see you.. i have no doubt about that

You warm the cockles of my heart. Thanks, Bro.

• Love 3
  • Wow 1

2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Not generous, it's the law. It's a statutory Holiday. Regular overtime is 1.5X.  No, management don't get more, i think if they work a Holiday, they would get some time in lieu but not at 2.5X. 

Similar here. You work holidays, you're owed like twice your normal wage as overtime pay or something like that. Not the law, the law, but it's negotiated by the unions to a national standard that covers everyone, unionised or not, and following that standard once negotiated is, I think, the law.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Similar here. You work holidays, you're owed like twice your normal wage as overtime pay or something like that. Not the law, the law, but it's negotiated by the unions to a national standard that covers everyone, unionised or not, and following that standard once negotiated is, I think, the law.

clear as mud, that.

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Def!

how's it going?

12 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Good, nearly afternoon, boss xo.  How are you doing?

Hi molly, tim... head feels like it’s stuffed with cotton wool, but I’m hanging in :) 

• Like 4

How is everyone doing today?

I went shopping and bought ribeye steak, and Bernaise sauce, and I'm gonna make creamy potatoes in the oven. That's later, though. Looking forward to my quiet NYE by myself. :heart: 

Also, my brother came over with my Christmas present. A bottle of whisky, an Islay malt I haven't tried before. Think I'll enjoy a glass tonight. :) 

• Love 2

1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

clear as mud, that.

I used to know this stuff a lot better when I had a boyfriend who worked for the police and was heavily into his union and talked about it all the time. :rolleyes:

OMG! People are already shooting up fireworks, why???

• Love 2
  • Wow 2

1 minute ago, Defiance19 said:

Hi molly, tim... head feels like it’s stuffed with cotton wool, but I’m hanging in :) 

it seems to take forever .. i have been coughing less today.. so maybe???    one can hope.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Thorn Wilde said:

How is everyone doing today?

I went shopping and bought ribeye steak, and Bernaise sauce, and I'm gonna make creamy potatoes in the oven. That's later, though. Looking forward to my quiet NYE by myself. :heart: 

Also, my brother came over with my Christmas present. A bottle of whisky, an Islay malt I haven't tried before. Think I'll enjoy a glass tonight. :) 

i am okay. hungry but too lazy to get up.  but i have to go wake up Sir.   then i'll make Him breakfast and eat something. i think He wants Chinese tonight, so He will pick some up. Assuming He feels okay. 

• Love 4

2 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I used to know this stuff a lot better when I had a boyfriend who worked for the police and was heavily into his union and talked about it all the time. :rolleyes:

OMG! People are already shooting up fireworks, why???

i'll share a little secret with you, Thorn.  you may not know this, but frankly... people

Spoiler

are mad.

• Haha 4

Just now, Thorn Wilde said:

No! What a shocking revelation! I cannot believe this. :no:

i know .. i am so sorry to have to be the one to break this to you..  but you are old enough now to know the truth

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Florida has no requirement laws for Holiday pay, Vacation, Sick leave, etc. Overtime is the Federal Laws, and our Minimum wage is $8.46 per hour. We're a Right to Work state, meaning an employee can not be forced to join a union (thank the gods*), and do not have to pay union dues if they are not part of the union. Employers can fire anyone at any time without cause.

A private employer doesn't have to give you anything including holidays off and can require you to work overtime.

However... if company policy includes any of the above not required by law or up and above the law standards, then Florida requires that company follow that policy to the letter, without deviation.

* I absolutely HATE unions. Bunch of communist bullshyte of an antiquated era, and should be kept in the past. As a Payroll clerk at Disney, I had to deal with unions, and they are all shady motherfrakers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BHopper2 said:

Florida has no requirement laws for Holiday pay, Vacation, Sick leave, etc. Overtime is the Federal Laws, and our Minimum wage is $8.46 per hour. We're a Right to Work state, meaning an employee can not be forced to join a union (thank the gods*), and do not have to pay union dues if they are not part of the union. Employers can fire anyone at any time without cause.

A private employer doesn't have to give you anything including holidays off and can require you to work overtime.

However... if company policy includes any of the above not required by law or up and above the law standards, then Florida requires that company follow that policy to the letter, without deviation.

* I absolutely HATE unions. Bunch of communist bullshyte of an antiquated era, and should be kept in the past. As a Payroll clerk at Disney, I had to deal with unions, and they are all shady motherfrakers.

Hopefully without delving too far into the political, I'd just like to say that unions in the US are a mess. This is not the case everywhere. And nobody can be forced to join a union here, either.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I had to grow up too fast. :(

i know ... ~sigh~  i blame myself .. i was a lousy parent ... can you forgive me?

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

Hopefully without delving too far into the political, I'd just like to say that unions in the US are a mess. This is not the case everywhere. And nobody can be forced to join a union here, either.

I may have already crossed the line. LOL.

But... I was pro-Union until I worked at Disney, and saw first hand how they screw their members over.

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

Back later. I have done a clean install of Skyrim, so now I'm gonna install the bare minimum of mods I want/need, and then get gaming. Thanks for the inspiration, @BHopper2!

You're welcome, Thorn. Slay a dragon for me.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@BHopper2  we watched this last night, but not on a 'playable' format .. still it was interesting. However this article about how it was written and shot was also interesting: Black Mirror - Bandersnatch

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..