The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

5 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I'm heading to bed. More cleaning to do tomorrow. Goodnight, everyone! :hug: 

Night Thorn!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Dmrman said:

I am so sorry...😁 I was making a reply on cott and when I hit submit and it went to this post... Maybe it will clear things up...I was shocked as well...

this isn't COTT  ... you need to be over there to post there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Morning everybody. Continuing my cleaning project today, but need a bit of a rest first as the puppy dragged me out of bed to take her outside before I'd had the amount of sleep I needed. 

Ummm... silly question time.  Puppy belongs to flatmate. Why do YOU have to get up to walk the little furball?

• Like 4

abominable Audio pronunciation

adjective | uh-BAH-muh-nuh-bul  

Definition

1 formal : worthy of or causing disgust or hatred : detestable

:
very bad or unpleasant

The tendency to hate evil omens is a vital part of the history of abominable. The word descends from the Latin verb abominari, which means "to deprecate as an ill omen" or "to detest"; abominari itself comes from ab- plus omin- ("from an omen"). When English speakers adopted abominable in the 14th century, they used it to express their disgust over evil or truly detestable things—and for 500 years that's the way things stood. In the 17th century, the word's meaning moderated, so that Scottish novelist William Black could write in A Princess of Thule (1873), "Sheila had nothing to do with the introduction of this abominable decoration." Other descendants of abominari are abominate ("to hate or loathe intensely") and abomination ("something odious or detestable").

• Love 4

good morning everyone!

looks like it's going to be a nice day

2 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Morning everybody. Continuing my cleaning project today, but need a bit of a rest first as the puppy dragged me out of bed to take her outside before I'd had the amount of sleep I needed. 

good for you Thorn!  it'll be a little bit like eating an elephant! you'll have to take it one small bite at a time!

1 hour ago, Kitt said:

Ummm... silly question time.  Puppy belongs to flatmate. Why do YOU have to get up to walk the little furball?

same question...

43 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

abominable Audio pronunciation

adjective | uh-BAH-muh-nuh-bul  

good word, hard to say it even with the pronouncer!

38 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Fly by.

Morning DiCers.

hello A

hope you are well!

33 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Good morning, A!!!

morning tim!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kitt said:

Cause I'm at home and flatmate's at work. I mean, it's either that or have her poop inside. Which would suck. Shih tzus are notoriously difficult to house train properly. At least she lets me know when she needs to go outside. Anyway, weekend after this one puppy's moving out, so I can handle it for another nine days or whatever.

Haven't gotten as much done today as I hoped, cause there was a lot on my dresser that needed organising. Such as all the jewellery I never wear... Think I'm gonna call it a day, though, as I've been at it for over three hours and am kind of exhausted. 

• Like 3

Just now, Defiance19 said:

Good morning all 😁

good morning, boss ... you're smiling .. are you feeling better?

• Love 3

2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

good morning, boss ... you're smiling .. are you feeling better?

Yessss... lol. I m holding myself back from jumping for joy.. 🙃 

How have you been? 

Edited by Defiance19
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

45 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Cause I'm at home and flatmate's at work. I mean, it's either that or have her poop inside. Which would suck. Shih tzus are notoriously difficult to house train properly. At least she lets me know when she needs to go outside. Anyway, weekend after this one puppy's moving out, so I can handle it for another nine days or whatever.

Haven't gotten as much done today as I hoped, cause there was a lot on my dresser that needed organising. Such as all the jewellery I never wear... Think I'm gonna call it a day, though, as I've been at it for over three hours and am kind of exhausted. 

Nothing wrong with a time limit .. if you work 3 hours.. honestly.. then okay.. do the same tomorrow. 

• Love 3

7 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

Yessss... lol. I m holding myself back from jumping for joy.. 🙃 

How have you been? 

doing okay thanks ... going back to work on Sunday ... nothing like spending your whole vacation off sick... did nothing but stay home..  sigh

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..