The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

36 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I didn't take them for the cold. I had a different thing. And they didn't even cure that. Going back to my doctor soon. 

My granddad had a similar thing a couple of years ago, though not quite so bad. I'm sorry, it sucks. Hoping for your dad's quick recovery.

Thanks thorn

• Like 3

• Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Starrynight22 said:

I would like 2019 to just fucking knock it off. 

I spent most of last night in the hospital with my dad. He has a UTI that went septic and he went into diabetic ketoacodosis.  He is in the critical care unit. 

Sorry to hear that, Starry. My thoughts are with him and you. I hope he gets well soon. :hug: 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

I might be on for awhile today for distraction chances are my dad is sleeping at the hospital and I'll be the only family member there unless my one cousin shows up

Got access through your phone? We will keep you company!

Morning all.

• Like 3

I would like 2019 to just fucking knock it off. 

I spent most of last night in the hospital with my dad. He has a UTI that went septic and he went into diabetic ketoacodosis.  He is in the critical care unit. 

sending good thoughts & prayers for you & him Starry :hug:

• Like 3

Internet Issues - Day 3:

We're still experiencing the random drops, and now it's affecting the VoIP home phone line. Signal strength from the new router is barely there, even in the same room with it. I'm not sure, how long we have. I've resorted to writing this journal, as I'm.......................................................................................................................................................

*the rest of the page is empty, with a few splashes of 1's and 0's and DOS code.*

• Sad 3

Sorting clothes today. Mostly done, but now I have to tidy up my tidying, lol! Taking a break for tea right now. Very tired, but since I'm doing this stuff out in the living room I have to finish. This is a shared space, after all.

EDIT: Also posted a poem earlier today... Would love some feedback if anyone has any... No comments yet.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 2

I understand what you are going through. When dad had a stroke, I started and finished a counted cross stitch piece in the time I sat around waiting on doctors while dad slept.  Bring a book, a project, your tablet, anything to distract you and make time move faster.

And remember we are here thinking about you!

• Like 5

The hospital is boring. My dad is sleeping. I'm still waiting for the doctor to come and do rounds.   I'll have to go home after that, my sitter can't keep little one allllll day. 

My sympathies. Like Kite says, bring something to do next time. Maybe you can even get some writing done. :) 

• Like 2

Taking a dinner break. Need to tidy all this stuff out of the sitting room... Mostly done, though. I've taken all the t-shirts that no longer fit me and put them in a bag I'm sticking in the attic. Gonna make a quilt or something. These t-shirts carry sentimental value. They're band shirts and stuff. That's probably weird, but....

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Got all my clothes sorted! Yay me! Tomorrow it's time to tackle the floor. Got a couple of piles I need to go through, and I have to see what's under my bed (watch out for monsters!). And then I'll be done! Woot!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Got all my clothes sorted! Yay me! Tomorrow it's time to tackle the floor. Got a couple of piles I need to go through, and I have to see what's under my bed (watch out for monsters!). And then I'll be done! Woot!

Careful.  Huge dust bunnies have been known to hide under beds and they can be vicious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1

2 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

well done! keep up the good work Thorn! 

47 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Careful.  Huge dust bunnies have been known to hide under beds and they can be vicious.

46 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I will wear protective gear. Full armour. Wielding a broom. :P

you two crack me up!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

i'll see y'all later. Phil just told me to get dressed. We're going out for a drink & some socializing!

Enjoy yourself.

• Love 1

Well, I'm off to bed. Trying out this new thing where I go to sleep before 4 am... I hear it's all the rage with the cool kids these days. Goodnight, DiC! :hug: 

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..