The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

7 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

Isn't it just. I wonder if I fit the bill...I'm older but not by much! LOL!

:) 

• Like 2

Well... not sure i should keep posting these.  I left a little test in yesterday's and no one mentioned it ... so if you don't read them, i can stop posting them!  :D   entirely up to you guys ....

demotic Audio pronunciation

adjective | dih-MAH-tik  

Definition

:
of, relating to, or written in a simplified form of the ancient Egyptian hieratic writing

:
of or relating to people and especially their speech : popular, common

:
of or relating to the form of Modern Greek that is based on everyday speech

or maybe you just don't read this part ????

You may recognize the root of demotic from words like democracy and demography. The source of these words is the Greek word dēmos, meaning "people." Demotic is often used of everyday forms of language (as opposed to literary or highbrow versions). It entered English in the early 1800s and originally designated a form of ancient Egyptian cursive script which by the 5th century BCE had come into use everywhere in Egypt for business and literary purposes (in contrast to the more complex, hieratic script retained by the clergy). Demotic has a newer specialized sense, as well, referring to a form of Modern Greek that is based on everyday speech and that since 1976 has been the official language of Greece.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 3

I hope everyone has a lovely day. I am not moving quickly this morning ... I have not hated being back at work. Went over results from December with the boss yesterday. My customer satisfaction rating was 98% for the month so that was good. "That pulled the team's average up, so thanks tim."   :)  yay!    They've changed us to quarterly bonuses rather than annual. So based on my results so far.. I'm looking at $1k for the quarter ... over the year, assuming i can maintain that...it would increase my bonus over the usual annual one .. but we'll see. 

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 5

Good morning, DiC! Took me a while to fall asleep last night after all, but at least I fell asleep earlier than normal.

9 hours ago, MacGreg said:

I recall Mike and I having a discussion about our mutual dislike of Bon Jovi. 

I liked him in my teens. Now I've had him up to here... Unless I'm, like, drunk at an after party and Livin' on a Prayer comes on and everyone's singing, but that's more of an atmosphere thing. Boyfriend likes him, though. We have vastly different music tastes, so this may be challenging... :P 

6 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Well... not sure i should keep posting these.  I left a little test in yesterday's and no one mentioned it ... so if you don't read them, i can stop posting them!  :D   entirely up to you guys ....

demotic Audio pronunciation

adjective | dih-MAH-tik  

Definition

:
of, relating to, or written in a simplified form of the ancient Egyptian hieratic writing

:
of or relating to people and especially their speech : popular, common

:
of or relating to the form of Modern Greek that is based on everyday speech

or maybe you just don't read this part ????

You may recognize the root of demotic from words like democracy and demography. The source of these words is the Greek word dēmos, meaning "people." Demotic is often used of everyday forms of language (as opposed to literary or highbrow versions). It entered English in the early 1800s and originally designated a form of ancient Egyptian cursive script which by the 5th century BCE had come into use everywhere in Egypt for business and literary purposes (in contrast to the more complex, hieratic script retained by the clergy). Demotic has a newer specialized sense, as well, referring to a form of Modern Greek that is based on everyday speech and that since 1976 has been the official language of Greece.

I noticed, but wasn't quite sure how to respond... 😅 I always read them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Good morning, DiC! Took me a while to fall asleep last night after all, but at least I fell asleep earlier than normal.

I liked him in my teens. Now I've had him up to here... Unless I'm, like, drunk at an after party and Livin' on a Prayer comes on and everyone's singing, but that's more of an atmosphere thing. Boyfriend likes him, though. We have vastly different music tastes, so this may be challenging... :P 

I noticed, but wasn't quite sure how to respond... 😅 I always read them.

how about TIM!!!  you ding dong ... :D 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

how about TIM!!!  you ding dong ... :D 

I was gonna say, 'You're not one of those!' but I've been an insecure dumbass lately so I'm always second guessing myself. :P  Trying to get over it, though. :) 

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

back from dropping off Phil at His carpool, sitting with the dogs in the quiet with coffee....ahhhhh

good morning DiC Sirs & friends

@Mikiesboy hope today runs smoothly, great job on that 98% satisfaction rating! you rockstar you! also, i'd like you to keep posting the words :hug:

@Thorn Wilde glad you did sleep eventually, resetting that body clock takes time 🌞

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Well... not sure i should keep posting these.  I left a little test in yesterday's and no one mentioned it ... so if you don't read them, i can stop posting them!  :D   entirely up to you guys .

First, I only read the origin discussion if I am not familiar with a word.

Second,  Also see tim

:fight:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

I read them every day. Sometimes too busy to respond right away, and I tend to forget. 

Hello DiC'ers. Just got back from my shrinking. Hope everyone is doing well.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Just now, BHopper2 said:

I read them every day. Sometimes too busy to respond right away, and I tend to forget. 

Hello DiC'ers. Just got back from my shrinking. Hope everyone is doing well.

You dont need to reply...😁

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Saw this last night, while looking up Skyrim Mods, before I went to bed. So true, and something I think needs sharing on Social Media from time to time.  Thanks, Thorn!!!! You got me hooked on these damn mods. Especially the SexLabs based ones. Having my Dragonborne bone the Jarl of Whiterun in the middle of the throne room was funny as hell.

Had to remove the pic. It took up too much memory on my allotment.

Edited by BHopper2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Saw this last night, while looking up Skyrim Mods, before I went to bed. So true, and something I think needs sharing on Social Media from time to time.  Thanks, Thorn!!!! You got me hooked on these damn mods. Especially the SexLabs based ones. Having my Dragonborne bone the Jarl of Whiterun in the middle of the throne room was funny as hell.

31634110-1543424792.jpg

Haha, that's awesome! Glad you're having fun. Gonna game a bit tonight, I think, if I can just get to a point in this story I've started writing where it either ends or I actually manage to take a break... It was gonna be a short story, now it's just morphing into something completely different from what I thought it would be...

• Like 1

• Site Moderator
10 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Keep posting, keep posting... :thumbup:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Had to give up on gaming. Feeling kind of jittery... Have I mentioned that boyfriend gets here on Tuesday? To stay indefinitely? Like, what? This shit hasn't dawned on me at all. It's scary as hell to go from long distance relationship to this, but there's no other way of doing it, is there?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Had to give up on gaming. Feeling kind of jittery... Have I mentioned that boyfriend gets here on Tuesday? To stay indefinitely? Like, what? This shit hasn't dawned on me at all. It's scary as hell to go from long distance relationship to this, but there's no other way of doing it, is there?

nope ...

• Like 3

On 1/8/2019 at 3:47 AM, Mikiesboy said:

malinger Audio pronunciation

verb | muh-LING-gur  

Definition

:
to pretend or exaggerate incapacity or illness (as to avoid duty or work)

Do you know someone who always seems to develop an ailment when there's work to be done? Someone who merits an Academy Award for his or her superb simulation of symptoms? Then you know a malingerer. The verb malinger comes from the French word malingre, meaning "sickly," and one who malingers feigns illness. In its earliest uses in the early 19th century, malinger usually referred to a soldier or sailor pretending to be sick or insane to shirk duty. Later, psychologists began using malingering as a clinical term to describe the feigning of illness in avoidance of a duty or for personal gain. Today, malinger is used in just about any context in which someone fakes sickness or injury to get out of an undesirable task. Also see tim.

After a certain age, malingering is replaced by simulated senility, much harder to detect. :2thumbs:

• Love 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

nope ...

Thought not. Sigh... It'll be good, I know it will. Still, scary. Must be much scarier for him, though, he's the one skipping countries to come be with me.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 3

On 1/8/2019 at 3:00 PM, Mikiesboy said:

no ... never are.  We do huge collections for their Christmas toys for kids and they always send old chubby ones.. i think there are only like 4 hot ones.. :( 

Damn!  The ones on my calendar must be fakes :(

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Backwoods Boy said:

Damn!  The ones on my calendar must be fakes :(

The put them away and keep them for the calendars...

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Thought not. Sigh... It'll be good, I know it will. Still, scary. Must be much scarier for him, though, he's the one skipping countries to come be with me.

bit of pressure on you both ... be nice to each other xo

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..