The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

• Site Moderator
57 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

tim is doing okay.  he spent a quiet day. he is battling not to medicate himself. Just thought I'd come in and let you know. 

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Mike. Good night to you both. 

• Like 3

• Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Tomorrow morning boyfriend will arrive. He lands at 10 and will be in town probably an hour or so after that. Picking him up at the train station. I'm nervous, but excited. He's already on his way, on the night bus to Heathrow. Can't wait to have him here...

I'll be heading to bed now so I can get up in the morning. Goodnight, everyone! :hug: 

Good night Thorn, and have a great day tomorrow. :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

Question #10, which I just finished was about Dr. Randy Pausch, and "The Last Lecture." Dr. Pausch was dying due to cancer, and he did this lecture that went "viral" in 2007, among the academic world. Oprah had him on her show, to showcase this lecture he did. The question was, "Watch this video, and then explain what your Last Lecture would be." The video is 10 mins long, and frankly, I found it powerful.

after i started to watch this, i remember Oprah having him on the show

it's something to think  about for sure!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

tim is doing okay.  he spent a quiet day. he is battling not to medicate himself. Just thought I'd come in and let you know. 

Thanks for letting us know, Mike.

3 hours ago, MacGreg said:

Glad he's got you, Mike. 

Indeed.

• Love 1

Assessment #3 done and posted.

Verified all have been uploaded correctly, and all participation posts are done as well.

Now to do some "Skyrim and Chill," and get ready for tomorrow's new class to start.

Have a Kitty: h3B6B60A0

• Love 3
  • Wow 1

3 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Assessment #3 done and posted.

Verified all have been uploaded correctly, and all participation posts are done as well.

good for you A!

i've 30 minutes to wait before picking up Number One from work

a light in the window to show the way for any walking in the dark

1421780121_lampinwindow.jpg.d26364498bf56167d9ae7fee99d16f4b.jpg

• Like 4

• Site Moderator

Ok, this is disturbing. I just saw the time on my tablet - 3:40 - so I looked outside, and it’s dark out there. So yeah, it’s 3:40 a.m. not p.m. and I’m still awake, with no sign of being tired. I am in so much trouble tomorrow  today morning... *sigh*

Better get to bed...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Ok, this is disturbing. I just saw the time on my tablet - 3:40 - so I looked outside, and it’s dark out there. So yeah, it’s 3:40 a.m. not p.m. and I’m still awake, with no sign of being tired. I am in so much trouble tomorrow  today morning... *sigh*

Better get to bed...

That’s, like, every night for me. :P Night, Reader!

I’m up and about to head into town. To pick up boyfriend. I’m so excited! You guys probably shouldn’t expect to see me much today... or, like, at all. Will likely be busy with other things. ;) Love to you all! :hug: 

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

30 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Dropping in to tell you all that I am happy and it’s a nice feeling. :blushing:

good .. go with the feelings.. dont overthink it .. if you are happy that's all that matters.. believe that is ALL that matters.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

good .. go with the feelings.. dont overthink it .. if you are happy that's all that matters.. believe that is ALL that matters.

I know. It is. He’s resting now, cause he was travelling all night and didn’t sleep much. Gonna order a pizza later and maybe find a nice movie to watch. :) 

How is are you doing today?

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I know. It is. He’s resting now, cause he was travelling all night and didn’t sleep much. Gonna order a pizza later and maybe find a nice movie to watch. :) 

How is are you doing today?

good.. i am being as artistic as i can get with paint 3d and making banners for my stories ..

• Like 3
  • Love 2

54 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

good.. i am being as artistic as i can get with paint 3d and making banners for my stories ..

That’s awesome. I’ve been using Gimp for that stuff myself. Used to have photoshop, though it might not have been a strictly legal copy, lol!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Thorn Wilde said:

That’s awesome. I’ve been using Gimp for that stuff myself. Used to have photoshop, though it might not have been a strictly legal copy, lol!

lol  .. yes.. i'm about artistic as a flat iron ... i'll look at Gimp ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

lol  .. yes.. i'm about artistic as a flat iron ... i'll look at Gimp ...

It’s quite powerful, but it takes some getting used to. Open source, though, which is nice.

Handed my laptop in for service today, to get the battery replaced. It may take as long as 26 days to get it back because they’ve had a lot of customers at the service centre lately. Could be faster too, but... Luckily, my iPad also has Scrivener and all my work is backed up in Dropbox. And I managed to get my bluetooth keyboard to work, so I can still write. Yay!

• Like 5

Was called a misandrist by some guy on Facebook. Told him it would be weird if I was, given that I’m transmasculine. He told me nothing about me was masculine. That if I wanted to be a man I should act like a man. I told him that if acting like a man is being a reactionary dick, I don’t know an awful lot of men. Nothing like having your gender questioned by strangers online, but I guess that’s the price we pay for being unapologetically ourselves. Choosing my battles better next time, though...

• Like 4

• Site Moderator

Good afternoon everyone...

So, I survived my late night after three coffees in quick succession, that is. Still feeling the need (craving?) for a fourth...

Have a great day peeps! 

That goes double for you and the boyfriend @Thorn Wilde :) 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Was called a misandrist by some guy on Facebook. Told him it would be weird if I was, given that I’m transmasculine. He told me nothing about me was masculine. That if I wanted to be a man I should act like a man. I told him that if acting like a man is being a reactionary dick, I don’t know an awful lot of men. Nothing like having your gender questioned by strangers online, but I guess that’s the price we pay for being unapologetically ourselves. Choosing my battles better next time, though...

*high fives Thorn*

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, mollyhousemouse said:

that moment when you realize you've been working from tomorrow's To Do list

😫

thanks @Mikiesboy for the good advice i'll pic the three most urgent & start there

don't panic .. don't panic!!!   dooooonnn't paaaaaanic!!!   LOL    honey, it is what it is...all you can do is what you can now ... and be happy that some of tomorrow's stuff is done.  xoxoxo

• Love 4

4 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

that moment when you realize you've been working from tomorrow's To Do list

😫

thanks @Mikiesboy for the good advice i'll pic the three most urgent & start there

Yes, the bright side is that you're now 2 steps ahead for tomorrow. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

don't panic .. don't panic!!!   dooooonnn't paaaaaanic!!!   LOL    honey, it is what it is...all you can do is what you can now ... and be happy that some of tomorrow's stuff is done.  xoxoxo

no panic just a deep sigh.....

and now moving on

thanks

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..