The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

2 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

i'm good, thanks for asking Michael Sir

how are You?

I'm well. Busy. Tired of doctors and our damn medical system.  But otherwise fine. 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Just now, MichaelS36 said:

I'm well. Busy. Tired of doctors and our damn medical system.  But otherwise fine. 

busy is good, better than bored.

tim has shared some of his frustration with me. it's sad and wrong that they've left You and him hanging for so long just to get answers

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

busy is good, better than bored.

tim has shared some of his frustration with me. it's sad and wrong that they've left You and him hanging for so long just to get answers

It's annoying.  However, I'll take him back on Monday and get it sorted out. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, mollyhousemouse said:

yes Sir, i trust You will

i know it's been trying

It's beyond clear how our system works. We are the cash cows...$150 for him to fill in not even a full page of an insurance form. $50 for work note, if we're lucky. Why people think it is 'free' I don't know.  Last time tim had surgery it cost us about $2,000 with forms, lost time at work and other crap. Plus the taxes we pay … not remotely free, or efficient or quick. 

• Wow 3
  • Angry 2

1 minute ago, MichaelS36 said:

It's beyond clear how our system works. We are the cash cows...$150 for him to fill in not even a full page of an insurance form. $50 for work note, if we're lucky. Why people think it is 'free' I don't know.  Last time tim had surgery it cost us about $2,000 with forms, lost time at work and other crap. Plus the taxes we pay … not remotely free, or efficient or quick. 

i understand that the tax rate is approaching 40% there Sir

and $150 to fill out a form? not sure who's time is worth $150 and hour to do that.  we can send an email through the medical center's online portal and get most documents in 48 hours. 

and with that, Sir, i'm going to say good night and get ready for bed, it was a long day and it's late

it was good talking with You Sir, have a good night

• Like 5

1 minute ago, mollyhousemouse said:

i understand that the tax rate is approaching 40% there Sir

and $150 to fill out a form? not sure who's time is worth $150 and hour to do that.  we can send an email through the medical center's online portal and get most documents in 48 hours. 

and with that, Sir, i'm going to say good night and get ready for bed, it was a long day and it's late

it was good talking with You Sir, have a good night

Doctors are gov't employees basically, though they can charge extra for forms etc. Nothing online or by phone here. You go in, so they can bill you for every single little thing. Bloody annoying. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 2

9 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

hmmm having BF there gets you into bed at a better time ...   :D  

8 hours ago, Kitt said:

Not sure that is too much help though...

8 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

Doesn't do a damn thing here … 

Well, you guys aren’t wrong, though at the moment we’re mostly just coughing on each other, lol! Can’t wait until we both get over this cold ... so we can have some real fun. :D 

7 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

Wow, that’s ... insane, actually. That’s not how our system works at all. You never pay more than like 350NOK (which is, what, $50 maybe? I dunno) for anything. I go to the doctor, that’s what it costs. I go to the emergency room, that’s what it costs. And once I’ve spent a certain amount on medical bills and meds, I don’t have to pay anything more for the rest of the year. This at an average income tax rate of 36%. I knew we were privileged over here, but ... I’m sorry they’re making you jump through hoops.

Right, on that note... Good morning, DiC! Boyfriend and I are having dinner with my parents today. We’re still both sick, so it definitely won’t be a late one. Hope you’re all having a good day. :hug: 

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Morning everyone.

Daily check-in before I dive into this school shit. Don't get me wrong, I like what I'm doing, but this course it turning out harder than I thought it would be. Doesn't help that the learning disability is kicking in with this damn program we're using.

8 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

7 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

Doctors are gov't employees basically, though they can charge extra for forms etc. Nothing online or by phone here. You go in, so they can bill you for every single little thing. Bloody annoying. 

The angry reacts, Mike, are not for you, but for the shit that you and tim are going through. And we have idiots down here that want to go that route and charge up to a 70% tax rate to pay for it all.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Let's take a moment to relish at this moment...

Congrats, my Brother!

Screenshot_2019-01-19 Gay Authors.png

i'm just happy to see poetry up there twice ... thanks, A.

• Love 5

27 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Staying Positive. 

"Lord grant me the strength, not to kill people today."

You forgot the last two lines of that prayer!

"Lord grant me the strength not to kill people today,

A bat should it become necessary, 

And the wisdom to know if I should or should not!"

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

morning Sirs and friends

the sun is out here, but the wind is cold & fierce

hope you have a good day!

just snowing here today

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

just snowing here today

Not snowing here yet, but they say its gonna, then rain, sleet, back to snow, and finishing off with temps in the single digits so everything freezes solid.

Edited by Kitt
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..