The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

5 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

no idea it was on the tablet ... something woke it up last night.. something that sounded like her wake up word.  it was funny

you should make the wake up word "boy" just to be interesting and keep the device on its toes.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, MacGreg said:

you should make the wake up word "boy" just to be interesting and keep the device on its toes.

oh my, Sir ... it would never go to sleep around here!  LOL.   thankfully you can only choose from four words: Alexa, Amazon, Computer or Echo.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

That crazy Amazon echo of ours scared the living crap out of me/ us last night. We were watching TV.. quietly, and suddenly it says: Well if you have any questions just ask.. or some such shit … Lord I am going to kill Peter. LOL

tim thought it was hysterical … I gave him my best glare.  he just kissed me and said I'm an old grouch.  Hmmm, less of the old please, boy. LOL 

33 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Alexa on my Fire Tablet has done that me a couple of times. I asked "her" the other day to tell me what's on the news, and she brought up FOXNews' internet livestream for me. I know it only did that because somedays I will turn FOXNews on for background noise while I'm doing school work.

The thing that made me turn off the Alexa "hands-free" was when my Uncle was talking to my Cousin about picking up a new car battery charger, and I started getting email and "suggested" products on my Amazon dashboard for battery chargers.

I'm way not into that technology yet - I don't even have a smartphone - but it strikes me that the results could be interesting inasmuch as I talk to myself all the time. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Alexa on my Fire Tablet has done that me a couple of times. I asked "her" the other day to tell me what's on the news, and she brought up FOXNews' internet livestream for me. I know it only did that because somedays I will turn FOXNews on for background noise while I'm doing school work.

The thing that made me turn off the Alexa "hands-free" was when my Uncle was talking to my Cousin about picking up a new car battery charger, and I started getting email and "suggested" products on my Amazon dashboard for battery chargers.

That’s creepy af... 

I’ve gone to bed early. Just really tired. Part travel sickness meds, part all the travel anxiety I had earlier, probably. Also, I haven’t got my landlegs back properly yet, lol! Feel like the floor’s rocking, and I haven’t had a drop of alcohol. I’ve read a comic book. Now I think I’ll probably watch something on Netflix. Good WiFi here. Hope you’re all well!

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Backwoods Boy said:

I'm way not into that technology yet - I don't even have a smartphone - but it strikes me that the results could be interesting inasmuch as I talk to myself all the time. 🙄

I have had a few 'chats' with Echo … usually ending with me telling it to 'F' off and threatening to unplug it.. LOL 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Thorn Wilde said:

That’s creepy af... 

I’ve gone to bed early. Just really tired. Part travel sickness meds, part all the travel anxiety I had earlier, probably. Also, I haven’t got my landlegs back properly yet, lol! Feel like the floor’s rocking, and I haven’t had a drop of alcohol. I’ve read a comic book. Now I think I’ll probably watch something on Netflix. Good WiFi here.

Take it easy... hope you feel better tomorrow... 

now dinner is ready.. see you all later.. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Backwoods Boy said:

Your emoji game is on point, though. :P 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

That’s creepy af... 

I’ve gone to bed early. Just really tired. Part travel sickness meds, part all the travel anxiety I had earlier, probably. Also, I haven’t got my landlegs back properly yet, lol! Feel like the floor’s rocking, and I haven’t had a drop of alcohol. I’ve read a comic book. Now I think I’ll probably watch something on Netflix. Good WiFi here. Hope you’re all well!

Get some rest. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Renee Stevens said:

Hey all, just thought i'd say hey. Hope everyone is doing well.

Hey, renee. :) Hope you’re well, too.

3 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Get some rest. 

Thank you. Gonna go to sleep now. Can barely keep my eyes open.

Goodnight, DiC! See you all tomorrow! :hug: 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Hey, renee. :) Hope you’re well, too.

i'm on the mend, Thorn, thank you.

2 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Thank you. Gonna go to sleep now. Can barely keep my eyes open.

Goodnight, DiC! See you all tomorrow! :hug: 

Sweet dreams.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, MacGreg said:

How are you?

i'm doing okay, Sir, thank You. i think me and Baby J are officially on the mend from the flu. Now i'm just waiting for him to fall asleep for a nap so that i can work in the sewing room on some lace suncatchers that i hope to sell.

How are You, Sir?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Renee Stevens said:

i'm doing okay, Sir, thank You. i think me and Baby J are officially on the mend from the flu. Now i'm just waiting for him to fall asleep for a nap so that i can work in the sewing room on some lace suncatchers that i hope to sell.

How are You, Sir?

Wrapping up things at work. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Renee Stevens said:

Hey all, just thought i'd say hey. Hope everyone is doing well.

hiya honey xoxo

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..