The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

2 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Hello, Wayne. Sounds like a nice day.

I don't do it often.  Even told my boss that I just needed a day off, and she was fine with it (probably because I don't do it often).

But yeah, it's pretty nice.  Retirement will be so sweet someday.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Wayne Gray said:

I don't do it often.  Even told my boss that I just needed a day off, and she was fine with it (probably because I don't do it often).

But yeah, it's pretty nice.  Retirement will be so sweet someday.

Won't it? I fear it'll never get here.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, MacGreg said:

Won't it? I fear it'll never get here.

Yeah.  I feel that too.  Saving as much as I can now so I don't have to work until I'm seventy.  😳

Still, it's nice to dream about it.

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

You live here right?  The last two months have been awful.

That’s the weird thing, I think it was awfuler (yes, that is not a typo, just me making an apropos word :P) where you are than where I am. I was just outside because I needed some sunshine. Have to say, it is glorious out there - well, except the puddles I couldn’t avoid, so my feet got wet. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

That’s the weird thing, I think it was awfuler (yes, that is not a typo, just me making an apropos word :P) where you are than where I am. I was just outside because I needed some sunshine. Have to say, it is glorious out there - well, except the puddles I couldn’t avoid, so my feet got wet. 

it was nice out today.. nice and sunny .. and look ma... 'no gloves'    :D  

• Like 3
  • Love 2

i didn't sleep well awake at 3:30am .. work was a trial today ... email wasn't working just chatted all day.   on mostly to foreign students who speak perfect english and need to be told the same thing 45 minutes to an hour... you just need to send a copy of your passport over andover and over and over again... seriously .. an hour.  How do they get thru life?  How hard are the instructions.. scan and send a copy of your passport...

oh man.. i fell asleep writing this.. i started it 30 minutes ago.. gonna go and eat..LOL

• Haha 1
  • Wow 2
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1
  • Site Moderator
22 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

it was nice out today.. nice and sunny .. and look ma... 'no gloves'    :D  

Yes, it was :D 

I read somewhere - so long ago, I don’t remember where - that mittens keep your hands warmer because your fingers are all together rather than separated like they are with gloves, so that’s what I use to keep my hands warm. I end up taking my gloves off to do stuff anyway, so I don’t notice a difference. 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i didn't sleep well awake at 3:30am .. work was a trial today ... email wasn't working just chatted all day.   on mostly to foreign students who speak perfect english and need to be told the same thing 45 minutes to an hour... you just need to send a copy of your passport over andover and over and over again... seriously .. an hour.  How do they get thru life?  How hard are the instructions.. scan and send a copy of your passport...

oh man.. i fell asleep writing this.. i started it 30 minutes ago.. gonna go and eat..LOL

I was going to use the sad emoji, then I read the last line... Thanks for the smile and the giggles, tim. :hug: 

As for the no sleeping bit? That was me last night as well. I think it was 2:30 (after getting up to read trying to make myself sleepy) before, I finally nodded off.

Here’s to tonight being better for both of us. You with Natural Calm and me with Lemon tea with honey - must not forget I have both in the cupboard... :rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

13 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I was going to use the sad emoji, then I read the last line... Thanks for the smile and the giggles, tim. :hug: 

As for the no sleeping bit? That was me last night as well. I think it was 2:30 (after getting up to read trying to make myself sleepy) before, I finally nodded off.

Here’s to tonight being better for both of us. You with Natural Calm and me with Lemon tea with honey - must not forget I have both in the cupboard... :rolleyes:

In contrast to you two, I've actually been managing to go to sleep earlier the last few nights. Been getting up in the mornings, too. By which I mean I've actually been asleep by 3 and gotten up before noon... But hey, improvement! :P 

EDIT: Sorry you had a crappy day, though, tim. Hope you get some sleep tonight and that tomorrow will be better. :heart: 

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 5
33 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i am so sorry today was so difficult  :hug:

dealing with people like that is hard enough when you are fully rested :yes:

• Like 4
27 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

hopefully .. too much stuff about work on my mind .. should be better tonight

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

It's a shame some people don't want to fire up their own brain cells to help themselves. They expect easy answers and instant gratification. you're stuck to deal with their laziness. At least you're not face to face with them. you can roll your eyes all you want. 

• Like 5
Just now, MacGreg said:

It's a shame some people don't want to fire up their own brain cells to help themselves. They expect easy answers and instant gratification. you're stuck to deal with their laziness. At least you're not face to face with them. you can roll your eyes all you want. 

Yes, Sir, there is that.  They are coming here to go to University. It scares me however. Thank fully not all of them are like that.  What bugs me especially today was one who after 45 minutes .. said can you prove what you're saying.  I said no, it's a thing with our system about not allowing spaces between names. If you don;t believe me you're more than welcome to chat to someone else or  call in. They are obnoxious all from the same country. Never hear from student from Vietnam or China or the Philippines.. only that place which i'd rather not mention.

• Like 3
  • Wow 2
3 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Yes, Sir, there is that.  They are coming here to go to University. It scares me however. Thank fully not all of them are like that.  What bugs me especially today was one who after 45 minutes .. said can you prove what you're saying.  I said no, it's a thing with our system about not allowing spaces between names. If you don;t believe me you're more than welcome to chat to someone else or  call in. They are obnoxious all from the same country. Never hear from student from Vietnam or China or the Philippines.. only that place which i'd rather not mention.

Sounds like a country that produces a lot of entitled assholes... 

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

hello Sir

i have customers like this too. all of the documentation means ALL. OF. THE. DOCUMENTATION.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Sounds like a country that produces a lot of entitled assholes... 

It's weird cuz we have lots of people from there working at our place .. and they aren't like that. I don't know what it is. Maybe they change once the get here.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

It's weird cuz we have lots of people from there working at our place .. and they aren't like that. I don't know what it is. Maybe they change once the get here.

Or maybe it's a case of different class and background. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Or maybe it's a case of different class and background. 

maybe

i'd had enough this afternoon tho.. geez..

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

maybe

i'd had enough this afternoon tho.. geez..

Understandable. :hug: 

Just now, Starrynight22 said:

Hey all.  Hows it going?

Sorry you had a crappy day tim, rude people are a challenge for sure. 

Hi, Starry! Not too bad here, how are you?

• Like 4

Anyone who has customers must deal with the stupid/looney/unhappy ones. It's the nature of the beast. I have demanding homeowners and idiot contractors that try my patience daily. 

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Anyone who has customers must deal with the stupid/looney/unhappy ones. It's the nature of the beast. I have demanding homeowners and idiot contractors that try my patience daily. 

yes, Sir

it is all part of the job

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..