The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

1 minute ago, MacGreg said:

Hello, molly. I'm doing well. The wind has momentarily settled a bit. It was howling like a hyena for hours.

hello Sir

glad You were able to make it home safely

the weather cleared here & there is a large, bright, warmish object in the sky

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Does a hyena howl...? Maybe I should say howling like a coyote.

I'm sure hyenas howl too... Don't all canines howl? Also, it's worth it for the alliteration. :yes: 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I'm sure hyenas howl too... Don't all canines howl? Also, it's worth it for the alliteration. :yes: 

Ah, there you are, thank you, Thorn.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Ah, there you are, thank you, Thorn.

Any time. Also, I think a laughing wind would be an excellent start to a horror movie. Or novel, for that matter. lol

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

4 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

I don't forget people and places, but I forget basic words, which aggravates me. I can be in the middle of a conversation describing something, and suddenly I lose the ability to call up basic vocabulary. How the hell does that happen?

I do that, too. There's a lot of 'thingie' and 'whachamacall' going around for me. When I can't remember it in either English or Norwegian, I get really frustrated, lol

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

I don't forget people and places, but I forget basic words, which aggravates me. I can be in the middle of a conversation describing something, and suddenly I lose the ability to call up basic vocabulary. How the hell does that happen?

i don't know, Sir.  it's frustrating though .. i quite often find myself saying.. you know .. that..them...LOL

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

It happens to me all the time, especially in the heat of a great conversation. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I completely forgot the word sink today. 'That thing, that you wash dishes in.'

Yes. Limits of integration help you find the center of mass of the sink we wash the dishes in. Of course, they all kind of come out as thingies don’t they? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1

2 minutes ago, Parker Owens said:

Yes. Limits of integration help you find the center of mass of the sink we wash the dishes in. Of course, they all kind of come out as thingies don’t they? 

Where would the centre of mass be in a rectangular metal basin? Is it right in the centre at the bottom? One uses limits of integration to find out the exact point, I assume? Asking for a friend.

• Like 2
  • Wow 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..