The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

Just now, Thorn Wilde said:

Good luck with the writing! :) 

Thank you, i need time, more than luck.. i'm into the 3rd chapter and it flows nicely when i can actually sit down and write it. 😕

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

Thank you, i need time, more than luck.. i'm into the 3rd chapter and it flows nicely when i can actually sit down and write it. 😕

Yeah, I know the feeling. Sitting down and doing it is the hard part.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

brummagem Audio pronunciation

adjective | BRUM-ih-jum  

Definition

:
not genuine : spurious; also : cheaply showy : tawdry

Brummagem first appeared in the 17th century as an alteration of Birmingham, the name of a city in England. At that time Birmingham was notorious for the counterfeit coins made there, and the word brummagem quickly became associated with things forged or inauthentic. By the 19th century, Birmingham had become a chief manufacturer of cheap trinkets and gilt jewelry, and again the word brummagem followed suit—it came to describe that which is showy on the outside but essentially of low quality. Perhaps the term was something of an annoyance to the people of Birmingham way back when, but nowadays when brummagem is used (which isn't often) it's usually without any conscious reference to the British city.

New one on me!  And I like it!  Not sure how I would ever work it into my day, unless it is when giving a presentation on what we need to change around the job, but I will look for opportunities.

• Like 4

• Site Moderator

Good morning everyone. Got some things to take care of, so I’ll be in and out. 

@Mikiesboy I checked the weather report after reading your post about possible freezing rain. Even though it’s going to be cold (1 or 2C) I didn’t see a 0 or a minus sign anywhere for today. Fingers crossed that means no freezing rain. That said, it’s going to be cold with a high probability of rain, so take care if/when you’re out and about today. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BHopper2 said:

Morning.

If you couldn't tell from the 3 back to back posts earlier, was another sleepless night last night. I hope all is well with everyone.

I will be around somewhat.

Sorry you didn't sleep well. Take it easy. :) 

• Like 3

So this guy is gay and trans, half Finnish, half Scottish and, as he says himself, all Canadian. I kind of feel like we'd get along, so I'm gonna leave this here. I found it hilarious, though some of it is ... a bit Finnish.

• Like 2

our trip to Ikea was quick and painless.  i was allowed a few looks at a few things, Sir rather enjoyed how well the small living places were done. Then we went to the Market and bought glasses, sheets, bathtub mat and 2 bathroom mats and a bag of frozen meat balls for dinner.  No deviations from the list.  Out and back within two hours. Now it is raining.

• Love 4

2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

our trip to Ikea was quick and painless.  i was allowed a few looks at a few things, Sir rather enjoyed how well the small living places were done. Then we went to the Market and bought glasses, sheets, bathtub mat and 2 bathroom mats and a bag of frozen meat balls for dinner.  No deviations from the list.  Out and back within two hours. Now it is raining.

Walking around IKEA is like being in a small museum, almost, with all those little living space demonstrations. Or a film set. You could film a sitcom or something in those things. I think that would be hilarious. :D 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

1 minute ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Walking around IKEA is like being in a small museum, almost, with all those little living space demonstrations. Or a film set. You could film a sitcom or something in those things. I think that would be hilarious. :D 

i wish we had the money to call them and say.. come here and do THAT to our house ... but i like that place. Michael is not keen at all but took me cuz, we had to go and my usual ikea buddy is no longer around.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

i wish we had the money to call them and say.. come here and do THAT to our house ... but i like that place. Michael is not keen at all but took me cuz, we had to go and my usual ikea buddy is no longer around.

My landlords/neighbours' flat looks like pictures out of an IKEA catalog, lol! Only way messier, cause they have kids.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

so glad it was painless, just the thought of going back makes me slightly queasy 😏

meat balls? what's for dinner?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

The AirBnB we stayed in was right out of an IKEA vignette. Furniture, cabinets, dinnerware, silverware, bedding, lighting, even the art on the walls - all IKEA. Only thing missing was the meatballs in the freezer. 

Wasn't too keen on the art.. but they had a couple of nice things. No meatballs, Sir???  darn

• Like 5

• Site Moderator
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Wasn't too keen on the art.. but they had a couple of nice things. No meatballs, Sir???  darn

I like their meatballs (who doesn’t like Swedish meatball, eh?), but what I love is their coleslaw. I haven’t been there for a while, but just thinking about this now has me missing Sears - my sofa, chair, ottoman, TV stand, breakfast bar counter stools, my bed, and three shelving units are from there. *sigh* 

• Like 3

• Site Moderator
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

it was pretty quiet. There were people there. no kids.. Saturday would be another story.    Dinner will be meatballs, brown basmati rice with broccoli and cauliflower and home made teriyaki sauce.

Sounds absolutely delicious. :D 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

well, that was a week for the record books

so proud of my team, with creative problem solving we made it & were able to perform billable work even with our network outage

now i'm with Phil & ready for the weekend

hope y'all are doing well

• Like 2
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

so proud of my team, with creative problem solving we made it & were able to perform billable work even with our network outage

Good job to both you and your team! Hope you have a nice and restful weekend. It's well deserved.

• Like 2

• Site Moderator
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

Kudos to you and your team, molly. :) 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Good job to both you and your team! Hope you have a nice and restful weekend. It's well deserved.

Thanks Thorn

4 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Kudos to you and your team, molly. :) 

Thanks Reader

i owe a thanks to @Mikiesboy too. he reminded me a couple of times that it wasn't my fault and i could only do so much.

• Love 4

3 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

Thanks Thorn

Thanks Reader

i owe a thanks to @Mikiesboy too. he reminded me a couple of times that it wasn't my fault and i could only do so much.

xooxoxo  :blushing:💖

• Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..