The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

• Site Moderator
30 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Sirs and friends

took a nap and woke to no kids in the house 😮 and a Husband who wanted to go out for some dinner see all y'all later

Have a great evening, molly.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, MacGreg said:

Enjoy, girl.

thank You Sir, we went for a steak, so good!

2 hours ago, Defiance19 said:

Enjoy, molly! 

thanks Def!

1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

Have a great evening, molly.

thanks Reader!

• Like 4

• Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

I have black-out / thermal shades on all my windows. They work pretty good to keep the sun out; heat out/or in; and noise out.

Today was the hottest day of the year (heat index of 103F [39.4C]) and the town had a power outage that affected just over 3500 households.  I was just on the outer edge & only had a few dips in power.

That is hot, and I’m glad to hear the outages didn’t affect you too much, Fae. Don’t know what temp it was, but it was hot and humid here. No power issues, thankfully. 

• Like 5

Good morning, everyone. Happy Sunday! I slept in today. More than usual, I mean. I've needed a lot of sleep lately...

7 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

I have black-out / thermal shades on all my windows. They work pretty good to keep the sun out; heat out/or in; and noise out.

Today was the hottest day of the year (heat index of 103F [39.4C]) and the town had a power outage that affected just over 3500 households.  I was just on the outer edge & only had a few dips in power.

I would die. I cannot take heat. Cold is fine, I bundle up, but give me over 25°C and I melt. I always say, I'm a snowman, lol! That's about the temp we've had in the past couple of days. Plenty hot enough for me. Windows are wide open.

One of my best friends has lived and worked in Dubai for a year. It would not have been her first choice except the career opportunity was too good. She's even less heat resistant than I am. They get 45°C in the shade in summer. Thankfully, there's AC everywhere. Rich city. She's had enough, though, she's coming home soon.

7 hours ago, Defiance19 said:

Not as hot here, but the heat did give us a breakout thunderstorm and hail.  

We had a lovely thunderstorm the other day. It rained sideways, lots of hail. The neighbours' kid was on her way home when it happened. I heard her laughing downstairs coming inside, absolutely soaked. It was over in about an hour.

Huh, I think I just heard thunder. Maybe we're getting another one.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Good morning!

I’m off to to cottage today and will be gone until Friday. The reason for this trip - I usually go in August - is my brother and his kids (his wife is staying in T.O. with her mom) and their 14 month old Labradoodle (yes, she said so her self :P ) want to go to said cottage. So, there I go too - I have yet to meet the dog, but I’m told she’s great, so there’s that. We have Wifi, so I will be around. 

Have a wonderful day everyone... :) 

Have a great time! Give the floof lots of cuddles! ❤️ 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Good morning!

I’m off to to cottage today and will be gone until Friday. The reason for this trip - I usually go in August - is my brother and his kids (his wife is staying in T.O. with her mom) and their 14 month old Labradoodle (yes, she said so her self :P ) want to go to said cottage. So, there I go too - I have yet to meet the dog, but I’m told she’s great, so there’s that. We have Wifi, so I will be around. 

Sounds lovely, Reader, have a nice time.

• Like 5

hello Sirs and friends!
hope everyone is having a good day
i was going to watch the NASCAR race and fold laundry, but they're in a rain delay so it looks like a movie today.
any suggestions?  what are y'all up to?

• Like 4

image.png.227f87dbc178174320bbfe54867c47ce.png    Even if it is Sunday .... day off tomorrow!!!

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

10 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Good morning!

Oh, anything with poodle in it is great. They are wonderful dogs.  Have totally terrific time!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

• Site Moderator
49 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Oh, anything with poodle in it is great. They are wonderful dogs.  Have totally terrific time!

Yes, Luna is a lovely and very friendly dog. And, she has the biggest feet!  :D She’s all black, so my brother brought a collar with lights if she needs to go outside after dark - it is pitch black at night, which means you literally cannot see your hand in front of your face. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Yes, Luna is a lovely and very friendly dog. And, she has the biggest feet!  :D She’s all black, so my brother brought a collar with lights if she needs to go outside after dark - it is pitch black at night, which means you literally cannot see your hand in front of your face. 

Yeah, i remember dark like that. The few times we went to a cottage when i was a kid... it was wonderful.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

This rain is certainly testing the strength and flexibility of the sail shade I installed yesterday.

Oh no, Sir!  Must be terrible rain/wind.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, Hunter Thomson said:

Hello everyone, I hope your Sunday is going well.

Hello Hunter, it's not too bad, just really wet. Hope you're well.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

This rain is certainly testing the strength and flexibility of the sail shade I installed yesterday.

oh no Sir!

6 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

It's calming some now.

well that's good!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Hello Hunter, it's not too bad, just really wet. Hope you're well.

Thank you kindly sir, I'm doing well. It seems that I'm able to survive summer temperatures after all, or at least I haven't been rendered a housebound shut in quite yet. There's hope for me yet 😛

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..