The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

19 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I found a crap ton more paper I need to shred. *sigh* 

I hope yours was better, rick. 

Reader

yes I have had a wonderful weekend with a new friend and buddy. 

Watch out you might kill your shredder 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

I laughed Reader but I went through the medicine cabinet and threw out several things that expired in 2017 earlier today so........lol 

I have you beat we found some Vick’s cough medicine in the back of the cupboard from 1998 

we thru that out ASAP 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

It has quit on me a few times. Seems it needs to “rest” itself before it can continue.

ours can only be used for so long before it needs to stop ..

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

I have you beat we found some Vick’s cough medicine in the back of the cupboard from 1998 

we thru that out ASAP 

I can remember cleaning out my grandparents house and finding canned goods in the basement literally decades out of date.  

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

• Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Starrynight22 said:

I laughed Reader but I went through the medicine cabinet and threw out several things that expired in 2017 earlier today so........lol 

Been there done that, too. :P 

• Like 1

• Site Moderator
1 minute ago, Starrynight22 said:

I can remember cleaning out my grandparents house and finding canned goods in the basement literally decades out of date.  

Okay, that beats the six TV remotes my dad was saving for a rainy day, perhaps? :unsure: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Okay, that beats the six TV remotes my dad was saving for a rainy day, perhaps? :unsure: 

Ha.  My grandparents garage and basement both were filled TO THE BRIM with flotsam and jetsam that was 90% useless trash.  

It was a job that took 7 of us several weeks. 

• Like 2

• Site Moderator
4 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Ha.  My grandparents garage and basement both were filled TO THE BRIM with flotsam and jetsam that was 90% useless trash.  

It was a job that took 7 of us several weeks. 

I think they were related to my grandma...

• Like 2

• Site Moderator
6 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

excuse me please Sirs, I hope everyone has a Good Night I need to run a few errands then I’m going to bed. 

Good night rick...happy dreams when the time comes 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Same at my mother in laws house.  I think it contributed to her death when she used otc remedies that had her digestive system swinging from one extreme to the other.

When we cleaned my great grandmother's place out, we could not toss a book or magazine out, she used dollar Bill's for bookmarks. Cans of nails had cash in the bottom. Even had cash inside the wax fruit on the bar in the basement!

• Like 2
  • Wow 3

@Kitt @rickproehl @Reader1810 @Starrynight22 my grandparents were the same, i think it might have something to do with being from the depression era, they'd hold on to everything, and stock pile canned goods

8 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Good night everyone! 

g'night tim
sleep well

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Sirs and DiC friends 

GOOD MORNING 

My wish is that you have a wonderful Monday and a great week ahead.

A quote to start your day.

It is better to express yourself than to impress someone,

It is better to love all than to hate someone,

It is better to encourage people than to criticise someone

Hi How is your day?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Sirs and DiC friends 

GOOD MORNING 

My wish is that you have a wonderful Monday and a great week ahead.

3 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

excuse me please Sirs everything ok today? It is very quiet in DiC today. My wish is that everyone is ok. 

morning rick

very busy playing catch up from last week. on a positive note it was only 188 emails for the 3 days

how's your day been?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mollyhousemouse said:

morning rick

very busy playing catch up from last week. on a positive note it was only 188 emails for the 3 days

how's your day been?

molly I have had a good Monday so far which is good.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

That is so not fair to you molls. I know it happens, no one does my work when I am not there either, but to come back to a huge pile of work every time you take even half a day off sucks.

• Like 3

• Site Moderator
10 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

excuse me please Sirs everything ok today? It is very quiet in DiC today. My wish is that everyone is ok. 

Busy day. Shredding until the shredder cried “UNCLE!” lol Then I went for a walk, and stopped by RONA (Home Depot like but on a smaller scale) and picked up garden shears because the only one I had access to was too big for my hand. The one I bought is, I hope, perfect for my needs. 

Now, I am couch potatoing (this really should be a word :D ) as I quench my thirst with some nice cold water. 

I hope your day is going well, rick. :) 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kitt said:

That is so not fair to you molls. I know it happens, no one does my work when I am not there either, but to come back to a huge pile of work every time you take even half a day off sucks.

thanks Kitt, :hug:i have shared the burden with our admin, most of this is just sorting now. She updated notes on many of the projects already

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..